The Good Ol' Days

Syntax

That Canucks Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0001
We all remember them and in most cases will reflect back on them from time to time. While growing up everyone had a favourite show, toy and or game which has now, in most cases, become discontinued. So this thread is meant to reflect on those old games, toys and or shows that you were once fixated to. Ill be the first to start. While growing up I used to watch this one popular show called Street Sharks about Sharks which fought crime I believe. Here is a picture which may help some people who have seen the show before remember it.

Edit: Image not working, I'll upload one tomorrow when I get the chance.

I'll try to contribute more to this thread tomorrow or at least in the days to come depending on this threads popularity. The only reason I haven't posted more is due to the fact that it's quite late and I have a class quite early in the morning. Oh and if you are going to post about a show, toy and or game you grew up with please provide a picture if possible.

Last edited:
Show: I think I watched Alvin and the Chipmunks a lot, but I can't seem to remember anything earlier than that.

250px-Chipmunks1990s.jpg

Toy: I loved to play with remote controlled cars from an early age, and the one I loved most was a small car with a wire connecting the car and remote, so you had to move around with the car. :lol:
I am sorry, but I can't seem to find a picture of it nowadays.

Game: The earliest memory of playing a game has to be Duck Hunt. What a fantastic game that was.

duck-hunt-game.jpg

The 90's were full of useless toys that everyone remembered. It's different though, because I used to have Barbies and those spinning dolls that always you to traject into your eye. Not like I used to look over it whilst it spun or anything...

I can't find a picture otherwise my IT class will think I'm a nutcase. But those things were lethal, they were brilliant.

Last edited:
Shows: Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Beast Wars, Pokemon, then Digimon, Ripping Friends, Undergrads..

Toys: hmmm that power ranger megazord one or just plain old ninja turtles

Game: Bonks Adventure on Turbografx :) good memories from that

My favorites were the original Transformers. Not like the cheap plastic stuff they use today. Masters of the Universe were sweet. too.

Shows that I used to watch: Beast Wars, Power Rangers, Street Sharks, Pokemon, TMNT, Bugs Bunny, CatDog, Rugrats, Animaniacs, and Pinky & The Brain.

Games: While growing up I used to mainly play Bubsy on my Seg Genesis. I also spend quite some time playing James Bond 007 on my Nintendo 64 along with a few Mario games.

TV- Are you Afraid of The Dark?
- Legends of the Hidden Temple
- Clarissa Explains It All
- Double Dare
- All That
-Rocko's Modern Life
Toys - Lion King action figures = my life
Games - The Lion King and Joe and Mac

show: darkwing duck
Darkwing_duck.jpg

it was decently funny

toy=okay i had to great series of toys, i forget their names though
both were made into tv shows, one was about dragons, and you spin them and they go flying
and one was about planets and wars, it kicked some major ass(someone help me remember these?)
and of course pokemon cards

games: hmm everything nintendo, super mario bros, star fox, but i was also into rpgs as well like golden sun(don't know how long ago that was), all final fantasy's....yeah...the game i remember playing the most is killer instinct for snes, i owned..

it was quite a fun childhood

Last edited:
My good ol' days are a bit more of the ol' part :D

My *love* growing up was cars (OK, it still is), so I had miles of Hotwheel track (and cars, both Hotwheels and Matchbox), and later a ton of slotcar gear (the older style with the alignment pins and plastic U type connectors).

For some reason, way earlier in my childhood, Ultraman always stuck out (and of course Speed Racer :D ). I also dug on the original Sid and Marty Krofft live action stuff like Land of the Lost.

90's Kids FTW

Show: Pokemon, Rugrats (the ****), Catdog
Toy: I played with a lot of figurines, specifically of animals. Also, I really liked that thing that you sit down on and spin a centerpiece, which spun you around in a circle. Sit and Spin, was it?
Games: Duck Hunt/TMNT (NES) I was incredibly disappointed when I read a review a while back that ripped TMNT apart. I played that all the fricking time and I could never beat it (I was like 5). It was my cousins game, so I don't think I ever got past the first part...If I were to buy a VC game, that would be it regardless of how terrible it is, just for kicks and laughs.

Shows: i remember watching "Samuria Pizza Cats" till it got cancelled and got replaced for "monster rancher" which also go cancelled and started show "Voltron" which really rocked and gotten me in transformers......the i went power rangers and X-men

Toys: i only remember having one toy.....which was a transformer toy.....which got later destroyed by my brothers

Games: well.......i only game i remember playing during my childhood was tetris on the gambeboy....

can i post a video of the 80's and 90's cartoon shows?.....its in the spoiler
30 minutes of the 90s flash back for those that dont remember....you don have to watch them......but if you do....enjoy
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmcKGcKW76M[/media]

30 minutes of the 80s flash back for the old members.....lol....enjoy[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bto7l3cKhvk[/media]

Well for me.

fave TV Show's were, Thomas the Tank engine. and fresh prince of bel air

Fave toys were, all things thomas the tank engine related

games. Super mario 64, and Crash bandicoot 1 were my good ol time games, i was around 6 when they came out :) those were the days,

though FF7 is my fave ever game :)

Show: Batman, Spider-man, drangon ball... you know the type

Toy: Lego! I used to be obsessed with them. I occasionally get them back out again when I get a super brain wave (last time I built a bad ass cannon out of lego, with crazy fire power. And all I used was some gears... and some more gears... and some more...).

Game: Super Mario All Stars, Castlevania 4, Super Mario World, Top Gear (pretty bad ass game), oh and of course Secret of Mana! Nearly forgot: Yoshi's Island, Lemmings 2, Super Mario Kart, and countless other games. I'd still be playing if my SNES hadn't broken :sick:

Shows: Sonic SatAM, Road Rovers, Anamaniacs, Pinky & the Brain, Talespin, Sunflower Journeys, Croc Hunter, Thundercats
Toys: LEGOS!!!
Games: Sonic, StarFox, SEGA Channel, Mario, DK, Road Rash, Landstalker, SSB, Hydra (Lynx)

Last edited:
Back