Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Grinder Gets a Release Date; Goes Multi-Platform

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by castlezelda, Feb 5, 2010.

1. castlezelda

castlezelda WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    According to wii.nintendolife, The upcoming game The Grinder isn't just for Wii anymore, its now for multiplatforms.

heres the link uk.wii.ign.com

2. DBloke

DBloke RIP and tea you say?
    Staff Member Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 8041-7231-3447-6164
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    I wasnt gonna get it till it was cheaper anyway, but next year?

Thats a long way to go

In before stickmode not understanding and misspelling words

3. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

I don't really see how just releasing a game on the Wii is risky. The games only need to sell about 200k to make a profit, so as long as you don't expect a huge amount of sales in the first month it'd do fine.

Now on the HD systems I'd guess that number would be a lot higher, probably around 400k. There's a lot more FPS on the HD systems too, so The Grinder will be competing against the Halo's, LFD's etc. With it going up against the established franchises I can see it flopping badly, especially if Sega publish it as they don't have good sales records on those platforms when it comes to mature games. Look at Bayonetta, it's a fantastic game (except on PS3) but it has sold under 200k on the 360 so far. I know that is only for a month and perhaps some people were waiting for Mass Effect 2 before picking up Bayonetta but 360 sales tend to have a big opening period and then dwindle away, so if its sales don't pick up more it will end up being less profitable than Madworld was. I wonder if Sega will come out and say that 'mature games don't sell on the HD platforms'.

It sucks that the game is being held back so that they can do the HD versions too. Why not release it on Wii first and then release the HD versions? Wii games tend to come out later so why not the other way?

4. YoungLad

YoungLad Repeat After Me

Wii Friend Code: 7154-9562-3568-1393
    7154-9562-3568-1393
    The point of releasing a Wii exclusive on the technically superior PS3 & X-Box 360?

Idiots.

5. Maximo

Maximo Wii Fanatic

Wii Friend Code: 0558-5461-4916-6731
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Was Sega even confirmed to be the publisher?

anyway..I wonder which is being used as the lead sku? is the Wii version still the lead sku ,and they are just porting up from there. I'm still getting the Wii version because i already have L4D on 360 so i want something thats unique for wii not something thats the 100th version of what i already have on 360.

I think if anything the multiplatform approach in this instance is to help fund more wii projects because its unpredictable how much you'll sell on Wii ,but 360/PS3 is almost always a guaranteed a couple 10k. They are basically going to make a lil risk dumping out more money for HD development to try to break better than even.

I'm not upset that they are going multi...disappointed yes ,but not upset. I'm just pleased that they didnt forgo the wii completely they at least are keeping the content on the system.

Although I don't understand why the wii can't be a timed exclusive since its probally already furthest in development ,and its the HD consoles that are extending the development time.

6. stickmode

stickmode WiiChat Member

Well, I'm disapointed for this!!

Always, I will preffer the Wii version over the PC version!!

But, is good for HVS to release multiplatform games. They need to survive this dificult time in the game industry, also they can learn how to improve even better the graphics on the Wii making it as close possible to the HD versions (or far better).

Good luck HVS!!

7. Caliko

Caliko I am Casual

Wii Friend Code: 2064-8110-4406-4869
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    It's all corporate bull, something a lot of people don't understand. Ahhh.... Reminds me of the "why couldn't Street Fighter 4 be ported to Wii" arguments....