The history of wiichat.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, i missed alot of discussion here....whatever has been said is true though....

But recapping all the things that happend on wiichat is a VERY,VERY LONG STORY....(That im not sure anyone can tell from the begining except for Ion and those who signed up a day or week later on to his site)

From Dec. 2006 onward...

- Prez is made a moderator, later made super moderator.
- Syntax creates a "controversial" thread regarding a regulars section which eventually gets shot down.
- Members begin to write various forum tutorials regarding posting on the site.
- The_Loose_Cannon is added to the moderating team and WiiChat's future is looking bright.
- The Graphics Design Lounge and The Entertainment Lounge are added and become very popular very fast.
- A sub-forum for the discussion of the game Pokemon Diamond and Pearl is introduced and attracts new members. Many, not all, decide to disregard the forum rules and decide to spam.
- A sub-forum for the game's Mario Strikers Charged and Super Paper Mario are added.

- Summer -

- With the absence of i0n, many members begin to make threads petitioning for new moderators and changes around the forum.
- Come August some members get upset and decide to leave the forum. The activity of regular members drops quite a bit.
- Only a few active regulars are left along with new members.
- i0n begins to post again and I'm made a super moderator.
- The_Loose_Cannon is removed from the moderating team
- Some of the regulars who left decide to come back.
- A Super Mario Galaxy sub-forum is added
- Winter comes and some members begin to worry about the current amount of moderators.

If there were 3 active Super mods, 5 sctive moderators and i0n was active, this place would be in order. I wonder if I would ever be considered for a moderator?

Tails McCloud~ said:
If there were 3 active Super mods, 5 sctive moderators and i0n was active, this place would be in order. I wonder if I would ever be considered for a moderator?
Let me answer that...lol

1. Do you spam alot? NO
2. Do you help ppl? When you feel like it
3. Are you online most of time? Hell yea...whats it look like, im online right now
4. Would you devote half of your life on the online community of wiichat to moderate a website? Maybe it depends...I could...If i wanted to!!!

IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOU:cornut: ...i wonder if that made any sense...:confused:

Moderators dont have banning abilities, which would have suited Jill perfectly. Mitch is the only half-active mod left. I think WiiChat could use more moderators:yesnod:[/SuggestiveSuckingUp]

LOL @ the fake wrap

@Cyan-I do spam sometimes, but nobodies perfect.

Mitch is on every day. He just prefers to use the "invisible status" option. Trulen is also on quite frequently.

Trulen rarely ever mods though. I think it was Prez that told me his actual mod activity was pretty low. Meh, it doesnt matter really.
I only see Mitch every once in a while (see him on xbox live almost all the time) but he said he should become more active since he's out of school. I hope so. :)

Wow, I can't believe that I missed such an exciting thread. :lol:
Anyway, yes, WiiChat has such a rich history that it is hard to believe that it is just a site. You can become so attached to something after a short while that the people and the events on a site can affect you in ways you cannot understand.
I have to say, it is a great place, so let us all look to the future, rather than to delve into the past. :)

Byuakuya said:
Anyway, yes, WiiChat has such a rich history that it is hard to believe that it is just a site. You can become so attached to something after a short while that the people and the events on a site can affect you in ways you cannot understand.
I have to say, it is a great place, so let us all look to the future, rather than to delve into the past. :)
Word

Mitch2025 said:
what am i? chopped liver?
Not yet

liver4.thumb.jpg

Byuakuya said:

Hahaha, you've not had to hear any rants lately :thumbsup:

It's always you to be able to say what I want to.

Tails McCloud~ said:

Agreed

--

Yeah, lets not turn this into a I want to be a MOD thread.

If you want to send an application Prez/Syntax/i0ns way then go ahead.

If it is needed a thread could be possible for suggesting a new moderator or saying why you should be one, we have had them before but closed once issue resolved. Maybe one is in order here? It seems the general feeling is we want more staff.

Or better yet athread saying who we think should be a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back