The IGN 2007 Game Of The Year goes to...

bruceleroy

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
Super Mario Galaxy...congrats to all the people who purchased a wii. Not only did you save money on hardware and software..you also purchased the product w/ the best games.

bruceleroy said:
Super Mario Galaxy...congrats to all the people who purchased a wii. Not only did you save money on hardware and software..you also purchased the product w/ the best games.
Eh, I wouldn't say that, the 360 has ALOT of good games that almost won.

But yeah, I think the wii is hella tight and mario galaxy just shows what the wii can do, will do, and why nintendo is awesome :smilewinkgrin:

I enjoyed Super Mario Galaxy a ton, so I'm not surprised. However, I think that the Wii and XBox 360 both have great game selections, followed by the PS3 with a decent amount of great games (IMO).

bruceleroy said:

You mean the console with two good games. SMG and MP3 were the ONLY Wii games to win an award, which comes at no surprise. The rest of the Wii lineup is fairly mediocre at best.

Oh, I suppose Z&W one some freebie award that means little to nothing.

Atomheart said:
You mean the console with two good games. SMG and MP3 were the ONLY Wii games to win an award, which comes at no surprise. The rest of the Wii lineup is fairly mediocre at best.

Oh, I suppose Z&W one some freebie award that means little to nothing.

Mario for game of the year, Metroid for best adventure, Zack & Wiki for best game no one played, and RE4 also won a the reader's choice award for best action game. That's not bad for a console that's only been out for a little over a year. I wonder what would happen this year or the next after developers realize the real potential of the system.

bruceleroy said:
Mario for game of the year, Metroid for best adventure, Zack & Wiki for best game no one played, and RE4 also won a the reader's choice award for best action game. That's not bad for a console that's only been out for a little over a year. I wonder what would happen this year or the next after developers realize the real potential of the system.

exactly! the wii has only been out a year, and it's already got a number of stellar games! not to mention that it's STILL sold out nationwide! game developers still haven't quite adjusted to creating games in accordance with the wii's innovative functionality, and it's still in a sort of "prototype" phase. just wait for what the wii has to come THIS year!

so in short, wii = future of gaming.

yes, well 260 had it's best titles in 07 so it'll be interesting to see where they end up, the wii and ps3 however still need to seel their best titles

AoWFraggit:

care to back that up? i love my PS3 thanks.

as for the OP.. wii has the best games? lol wii has 2 games that are worth anything, MP3, and Galaxy. personally, i dont like them but lots of people do.

as for the console with the best games..... 360 no questions asked anybody would tell you that.

i wish there was an OFFICAIL game of the year award..where all the major sites/mags contribute and one is picked. COD4 and Bioshock won a LOT of awards this year, no doubt it would be one of those. i have both, id votef or COD4, bioshock is aw esome but i havent finished it..havent even played it for a week or two.

SensesFail said:
AoWFraggit:

care to back that up? i love my PS3 thanks.

as for the OP.. wii has the best games? lol wii has 2 games that are worth anything, MP3, and Galaxy. personally, i dont like them but lots of people do.

as for the console with the best games..... 360 no questions asked anybody would tell you that.

i wish there was an OFFICAIL game of the year award..where all the major sites/mags contribute and one is picked. COD4 and Bioshock won a LOT of awards this year, no doubt it would be one of those. i have both, id votef or COD4, bioshock is aw esome but i havent finished it..havent even played it for a week or two.

check out metacritic.com or gamerankings.com if you're looking for a site where all the critics decide which game is the best overall

Yeah I want to see all the websites and mags get together.

Alot of people like the BAFTA awards to see who's GOTY.

I wanna see the tallies of all the GOTY awards. But 360 has so many nominated 360 games that it makes it harder for 1 game to get more wins.

bruceleroy said:

Why did you start talking about the Wii then suddenly change to the subject to the Xbox 360? :D

Anyway, SMG does indeed deserve to be game of the year.

I enjoyed SMG.....but best game of the year? Really? I wasn't that impressed with it. Corruption or Twilight Princess was more enjoyable to me then SMG. And I enjoy Mario games, but I didn't favor SMG that highly. Hell, I still liked the New Super Mario Bros for the DS more then SMG.

And SMG beat other console games for 2007? Seems kind of silly. I think a game with a little more violence would of been a better winner. Not outright blood baths, but perhaps something a tad more realistic.

Back