The Key to Finding a Match

samXcor3

the best kid!
Oct 2, 2007
Wii Online Code
3732-3369-2853-4491
Okay so a lot of people have been griping about how they can never find a match, it just constantly says "searching" and no one ever shows up. I figured out why. I personally play with all items on HIGH appearence, and it stays with that setting when searching for an online game. All I had to do was switch to medium appearence of items and I had a match with 3 other peeps within about 3 seconds. It was crazy. I assume if you want a challenge, the "pros" play with no items at all. Just a tip. Check your items settings, it could be the reason you can never find a match.

hmmmmm...i had a problem getting anyone to join my matches or joining anyone elses until i did a random match and things worked again because i always had items set off. that was monday night i believe.

Not the case for me, some nights or days I can't find anyone and then the next day I can. I never change my settings, so thats not the problem. Lately though, play with Anyone Mode has worked exceptionally for me.

Actually I can confirm that it works. The problem is that the item option is linked to your brawl settings. So if I practice 1v1 against AI with no items then my items option will set to None/off in the 'with anyone' mode also.

The first time I changed my options I got all 3 people by the time I selected my map. Then the matching server died after a while.

Evi1d33d said:
Actually I can confirm that it works. The problem is that the item option is linked to your brawl settings. So if I practice 1v1 against AI with no items then my items option will set to None/off in the 'with anyone' mode also.

The first time I changed my options I got all 3 people by the time I selected my map. Then the matching server died after a while.

I'll have to give this a try when I get home - is there a way to set everything back to 'default' easily? I'm not too familiar with the game yet, but I went to training mode within the first minute of putting the game disk in and yeah, no items, so I guess this setting has gone across the board?

Is it just items I have to worry about? Is there a list of default settings I should be concerned over to get nice quick matches?

I should try this. I have tried numerous times but can never find a match...never have. I'll try this and hopefully it works.

The second I read this thread I tried it, within 10 seconds I had three people, got to go play!

my wi-fi has been pretty consistent lately, almost always getting 4 players within 30 seconds!

other than the lag, i'm pretty happy with online play :yesnod:

Mines hit or miss, some days i'll find some, some days i won't find none at all... altho spectator mode is always good... hopefully this improves as well.

there are thousands of people trying to play. there will be plenty of people to play regardless of what setting you have set.

Its the servers, not the items, it takes about 15 seconds to align players, but they are working hard on getting it faster.

Yeah, I tried the suggestions here last night and after waiting a couple minutes I got one 1v1 match and then he dropped out, so after another minute I gave up and played solo.

One thing that I did notice, though, is that when I was a spectator, there seemed to be lots of matches going on (both team and brawl, and I've never had a team game work for me yet). Hopefully someday it will become a lot easier.

Spectator Mode is pre-recoded games ^^^ Not live games, however it is real people playing and such.

Back