the keyboard layout is not QWERTY in Canada

Tremii

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2006
I don't know if I can change this thing, if not, it may be a good idea that nintendo changes this:

my Wii is set in french and region Canada.

It append that the keyboard layout is AZERTY like the French from France uses, but in Canada we use QWERTY layout as the US...

it sucks a little ...

Change Lanuage to American?
Like set it to a different language then back to that...

If it's a Canadian region set Wii it should be set as a Canadian Keyboard should

CANADIANS:

On your Macs and PCs, and your Wii's....

IF YOU DO NOT USE A FRENCH CANADIAN KEYBOARD DO NOT PICK CANADIAN AS YOUR KEYBOARD LAYOUT. IT IS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS US ENGLISH.

Sorry for the allcaps, I'm constantly telling this to people in my office when they call me all in a panic because they write é instead of ?

It's become a pet peeve I guess.

Wii_Smurf said:
Change Lanuage to American?

There is no such language as "American".
It annoys me sometimes when I'm installing something and it asks me what language and the only English option is "US English"

Of course if I switch to english language with region set to Canada the layout is QWERTY, what is wrong is when I switch language to french, now I get this AZERTY thing.

I don't mind having wii Interface in english but my girlfriend won't ;)

Anyway, I can live with that, because, i mean, you had to point and click, it is not so bad, I just say it is a minor country glitch. ;)

Back