The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Out November 18 Europe and 20 in US

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-pictures-picture8790-zelda-skyward-sword.jpg

Nintendo announced today the news that everyone’s been waiting for, that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, will be launching in Europe on November 18 and in North America on November 20, 2011. The long, long awaited game is available to pre-order now at major retailers in North America and Europe.

"The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the biggest game in the series yet," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "We've just scratched the surface of this massive experience, and we look forward to sharing additional details with fans as we approach the Nov. 20 launch."

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword uses the precision motion controls of the Wii Remote Plus (or a Wii Remote controller with a Wii MotionPlus accessory) and Nunchuk controllers to map the onscreen action to the player’s movements. When a player swings the Wii Remote Plus controller, Link appears to swing his sword in exactly the same way. Different enemies have different battle tactics, so it’s up to the player to analyse their approach and develop counterattacks that play on the enemies’ weaknesses. The game’s wide array of items also use full motion controls, letting players roll bombs, shoot arrows, and guide flying objects like never before.

The amazing adventure is set in a massive, multilayered world that takes players from dark dungeons to a diverse overworld, and then takes flight to cloud cities in the sky, requiring a combination of puzzle solving and sword-play to reveal the many secrets. Link gets to soar through the skies on the wings of a noble bird while exploring the sky area, giving players unprecedented freedom of movement as they progress on their quest, with the storyline being a prequel to, and laying the foundation for, the events of the classic The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Source: Nintendo

Last edited:
Are they seriously ****ing giving the Zelda franchise a storyline? I foundthe "their set in different universes" theory a much better explanation.

Trying to tie together all the Zelda games with all story will lead to contradictions. And we know what that means: PIME TARADOX!
Time_Paradox_by_ToyotaTrueno.jpg

You've been warned. Soon, Link will start smoking cigs and fighting dark link, his clone who tries to take away his woman as part of a scheme. Then dark link will kill Link's sidekick, who sacrifices itself, with a deadly weapon. Don't forget we'll receive messages on how to climb ladders.

Earlier release date than expected? Win. :D I need to get my Wii fixed ASAP, for god's sake.

Trying to tie together all the Zelda games with all story will lead to contradictions. And we know what that means: PIME TARADOX!
View attachment 8792

Not unless Nintendo uses the universally-accepted, fan made timeline hypothesis. There is a bit of time paradox in the fact there're two separate time lines after Ocarina of Time, but it's not contradictory or completely bull.

Not to mention these timeline theories started popping up around a decade ago, you're late to the party man. :lol:

Except when all the townspeople suddenly reappeared in Termina and didn't seem to mind at all. And don't get me started on Link's Awakening...

MM was set in a whole different dimension, parallel world, choose what you like, with alter-egos of the people of Hyrule, All the Link´s awakening adventure was set up in the dreams of a Mystical fish, I don´t see the problem, both games stand out as the two more original adventures that any of the many Links have had over the centuries lol, I´m serious. :yesnod:

Have you ever seen a video about one of the timeline theories? They are fun and convincing, xD specially those about the split timeline theory.

^ Just saw it, gotta see more, xD. well it´s fine to interpret the Zelda games in any way you want, like the AVGN said they are just individual fun experiencies, developed individually or something like that.

Well,
I agree with WiiAssain about trying to tie all the Zelda Stories together.
But,
I still can't wait for this game!!!!!!

Back