The Madden '08 online-gameplay is more than defective thread... just take a look

NorAxeR

Strikers Champ
Aug 9, 2007
Tampa Bay, Florida
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
This isn't just another Madden '08 hate thread - I just wanted to point out a serious error which is resulting in my official selling of this game.

All I generally do on the Wii is play online as of late, prior to the Wii all I did was play online-games. Trust me just like you I'm familiar with all the bullsh## that's involved in Madden online play. I started playing Madden online with Madden 2003 on the PS2.

I'm not here to point out the obvious about Madden online-play... but for one of the many examples for instance, if some lesser-skilled individual discovers that you're better than them very early on in a game, they'll just quit - leaving you stuck playing the CPU for an hour if you want your win. In Madden '07 online (tested with the 360 version), if you continued against the CPU, naturally ofcourse, you wouldn't even get a win :thumbsup: ... Leaving you with 2 other options: Don't count the game, or Non-Mercy (which doesn't result in a win, only in partial statistic points). From what I can tell, selecting Non-Mercy on the Wii doesn't add any kind of statistics or whatever.

Back in Madden 2003, all you had to do was pull out your internet-cord and you were good to go. Late in the fourth quarter! After an hour of EA sports, hoping he would get his win up 54-0 with 5 seconds left... he crosses his fingers... NO! Mr. 0 points pulled! THE GAME NEVER HAPPENED claims EA Sports!

Ok on a very serious Madden 2008 note: I was amazing able to scrap by EA Sports long enough to keep 3 people around to lose... So I finally became 3-0. I had many people offer me a friendly quit (if it's because of serious lag, I would accept), as soon as I decline their friendly quit, they just straight up quit. Sometimes they don't even offer a friendly quit, I just get the Pop-Up Message of Doom :thumbsup: ...

It's as easy as reseting your Wii if you suck, I promise. Fortanitely once, a guy gave up in the 4th quarter - so I stuck around against the CPU since it wasn't gonna take too long, after winning I was rewarded a win. However, if it's the beginning of the game and you sack the sorry sh## 3 times in a row on his first drive, when he quits - do you really wanna stick around and play the CPU for that long? Isn't that boring and defeating the purpose of kicking someone's ass in?

Now here's the point: I was playing a guy. I clobbered him. Late in the fourth quarter, I was up 24-6 - and I did something I knew I shouldn't had, I scored another touchdown. That was the stupidest thing I could've done. Once it was 30-6 and I was back in the playbook to pick "field-goal", I got a pop-up message. This time, rather than 3 options, there was only 1. Lost Connection: End Game.

I never have any connection issues with my internet. As far as Wi-Fi goes, Mario Strikers never disconnected because of something on my side. Wether I'm playing Quake, or Unreal on the PC - I never even lag. Now obviously it didn't happen because of my side, because I had just scored again (and that's no coincidence). Plus when I was thrown out of the game, I was right there at the online-lobby screen; I wasn't kicked offline... So obviously either the quitter already found a way to pull something like that off, or this is just another example of pathetic Madden online-play.

I was slapped with a loss, and a DNF (did not finish). I went from 3-0 with a 0% DNF, to 3-1 with a 16% DNF.

I take online-gaming pretty serious, obviously I did with Strikers for a week. I've played alot of football games online over the years. It seems like alot of the players on the Wii don't have any Madden experience, and they're not very good - but that's not my fault. Now with all the people quitting after they discover they can't win, and after being slapped with a LOSS and a DNF for absolutely owning someone... Madden '08 has officially been exposed for being the defective game that it is.

If the seriously screwed up franchise-mode, or random "Nunchuck not connected error" flaws aren't enough to keep you away from Madden '08 - then hopefully this is more than enough.

Last edited:
i have some prob but wit more poeple....kinda my own fault cuz i say no to the friendly quit so i am stuck wit 0-3 and 100%dnf makes me wanna make another persona but i know it will happen again oh and btw i play wit my wii connceted no wireless

i believe that the nly reason y people would quit is because they r so ashamed of themselves for bein so terrible that they dont want the world to kno that they lost.

Did you guys try to play with someone you know yet?

Just wondering if it'll change anything

Last edited:
There should just be madden wii legues.I'm pretty sure there's one already started but all I can say is play with friends in legues.

http://www.freewebs.com/jared1985 and go to player contact info. You can add your info if you want. There are like 11 players with their nicks registered already. We have an opponent talk or chatbox to see if anyone wants to play. This makes it so you know the person and they prob wont quit w/o d/c which has happen to me alot already.

Ok to my question. I connect to game well. But when I got to pick a play, theres like a slow response time. The same goes with kicking throwing, or just running,. I cant tackle anyone or run routes my self. I have to let the Comp do it all. Which kindly takes the fun out of it. Anyone else having this problem?>

that's how people in Strikers are, but no matter, at the end of the day, they are the losers and quitters and they know it.

Ha I had to rep you, it's funny and I felt sorry for you. I already decided not to get Madden 08 but this puts the nail in the coffin.

FYI, EA has officially announced a "patch" for the Wii to address online issues.

I'll hold onto the game until the patch is released at least... although I'll be playing strikers while i wait :)

kenn said:
FYI, EA has officially announced a "patch" for the Wii to address online issues.

Nice info... Hopefully they can really get that underway, and then we'll see what's going on.

A patch could fix the problem I had, with the Lost Connection: End Game thing (resulting in a non-diserved loss and DNF). After the patch, maybe it won't be so easy for someone to tamper with the connection, or for the server to randomly kick a winning player out of the game. However, a patch won't fix the quitting problem. It will always suck that a quitter can really ruin your win just by quitting.

As far as the league idea, it seems like that's been the short-term solution to the problem. I'll probably look into getting involved; but you have to admit, it's much more convenient to use the Play Now option and just get going.

Edit: Btw that was nice link you found. What it says makes sense, and even though people are really pissed off with all of the connection problems - a sincere attempt to fix the problems would be awesome. Sounds like that's what they plan on doing...

Last edited:
YESS!!!!!!!! THANK GOODNESS!! I though I was stuck with this disgusting online play

Back