DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Welcome new comers.
Got a question this is the thread for you.
Inside you will find the answer to almost all you Wii problems and questions.
Feel free to add your own to this thread.

Can a Wii play imports?
No it cant for the most part there are ways around it, but are frowned upon. the Wii is region locked and that means if its from Europe you can only play ones marked "PAL" (This includes Australia). If its from The USA it can only play ones marked "NTSC-U"
The other way mentioned is to get it chipped or get the Homebrew channel on it. We can't talk about them here as Nintendo don't approve of them.

How do I get the Homebrew channel?
Sorry cant talk about it on here.

How do I play back ups/copys?
Sorry cant talk about this on here.

More to come

Can Wii Play Gamecube Games?

Yes, but requires a compatible Gamecube Controller and Gamecube Memory Card.

(A LOT ask this question)

Last edited:
What size Memory Cards Can the Wii Read?

1GB-2GB; older models have to be updated to read 4GB-32GBs. If you use a 4GB-32GB, please get one that says SDHC » HC for High Compacity because they are more compatible.

Newer Models may already have the update required for Cards of the compacities of 1GB-32GB.

Can the wii play DS games?

No, unfortunately.

Can the DS, DS Lite, DSi, and DSi XL connect to the Wii?

Yes, but in limited ways. If you want to play DS Game Demos, go to the "Nintendo Channel" and you can give reviews of DS games you own. Some games may allow you to connect the Wii with a DS, but not many have this feature.

Last edited:
What are the 2 USB ports for?

You can equip things like Rock Band or Guitar Hero Equipment, Compatible USB Microphones, Wii Speak, LAN Adaptor, or a compatible Wired or Wireless Keyboard.

The Wii CANNOT read a USB Flash Drive or USB External HDD of any size.

Last edited:
Is the Wii a High Definition Console?

No, the Wii can only go up to 480p (The highest quality it can achieve) so its Enhanced Definition, but its still considered Standard Definition. HD is of either 720p or 1080p, 1080p is considered Full High Definition.

Included Question:

Can Everything Run in 480p on my Wii Console?

All VC Games Play in 480p, Neflix Movies work in 480p, All other channels work in 480p (Internet Channel, Nintendo Channel, etc.), Nintendo Gamecube Games also work in 480p (Some may run in 480i Only), and almost all Wii Games work in 480p (Some I've run into only work in 480i).

Last edited:
Can you change the Wii Menu Color?

Yes, but Its forbidden here

Back