the mystery 5th system

thendis

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2006
I've noticed for a while now that when you go into the "list games by system" screen in the VC you get the choice of NES, SNES, Genesis and N64. But there is a suspicious blank space to the right of the genesis button where a 5th system could go.

I wondered about this for a few weeks, then today I stumbled upon this screen shot from IGN:

pal-wii-week-virtual-console-explored-20061204103308794-000.jpg

What is this "TurboGrafix" system???!! That isn't on the virtual console list (at least not here in australia?). I've never even heard of it -- not even a wikipedia entry for it (EDIT: there is a wikipedia entry, cheers Napalmbrain).

can someone shed some light on this, because i am very confused :S

Last edited:
Unfortunately Turbografx-16 games aren't available in Australia as it was never released there, which is a shame because it did have some good games. There was a trick to download Turbografx games to the Wii in Australia (just by changing the country settings! :lol:), but Nintendo have closed that hole now.

It was a rival to the Mega Drive and the SNES, and it did quite well in Japan (where it was called the PC-Engine), but not so well elsewhere. By the way, it is on Wikipedia. You probably spelt it wrong.

oh! well that blows chunks!
I don't see why that should mean we don't get any TG games. if anything, the fact that it wasn't released here should be more reason to release it -- we can finally catch up on what we've missed.

do you think there is any chance it will come out at some point in AU?

EDIT: I notice bomberman is released on it...now i'm really pissed off!

Last edited:
Not only Bomber man but also Dragons curse
One of the best games ever

Back