The new way of using your Wiimote

Dougamer

Offical Wiitard
Dec 7, 2006
Australia
Wii Online Code
7465-5725-9905-8259
http://onakasuita.org/wii/index-e.html

I'm trying to set this up my-self, basically.. You are able to contol your comuter with your Wii mote, and from there, (and a few $$$ spent.. only like...$30aus?)
you can control your house, turn lights on/off.. Turn TV on, dishwasher. etc.

My problem is, i first need to connect my WiiMote Via bluetooth to my computer.

Ive been trying to use my LG U8360's bluetooth WHILEST connected to my computer, but i dunno what its passcode is.... =/ i thought the default was 0000.. But other than that, i have a wireless router (Linksys WRT54G).. How do i activate its bluetooth THEN get my computer to find my Wiimote using that bluetooth?

Dougamer said:
http://onakasuita.org/wii/index-e.html

I'm trying to set this up my-self, basically.. You are able to contol your comuter with your Wii mote, and from there, (and a few $$$ spent.. only like...$30aus?)
you can control your house, turn lights on/off.. Turn TV on, dishwasher. etc.

My problem is, i first need to connect my WiiMote Via bluetooth to my computer.

Ive been trying to use my LG U8360's bluetooth WHILEST connected to my computer, but i dunno what its passcode is.... =/ i thought the default was 0000.. But other than that, i have a wireless router (Linksys WRT54G).. How do i activate its bluetooth THEN get my computer to find my Wiimote using that bluetooth?

Wiimote is usin infra-red, not bluetooth. It is not possible to connect wiimote to your computer by bluetooth.

Here lemme get you something...

The Wiimote communicates with the Wii via a Bluetooth wireless link. The Bluetooth controller is a Broadcom 2042 chip, which is designed to be used with devices which follow the Bluetooth Human Interface Device (HID) standard, such as keyboards and mice. The Bluetooth HID is directly based upon the USB HID standard, and much of the same documentation applies.

When queried with the Bluetooth Service Discovery Protocol (SDP), the Wiimote reports back a great deal of information, listed at Wii_bluetooth_specs#spd info.

Pulled from: http://www.wiili.org/Wiimote#Communication

You were confused, the Wiimote works by connecting to your Wii VIA bluetooth, but then the screen sensors its position by Infra red.

Oh and btw, it would NOT be pointless. Imagine, having a party, and you wanna change the music without having to go away from a conversation. Just a few random points of the wii and a few hits on the A button an... HEY PRESSTO! new song!

edit: oops - dougamer beat me to it!

tsowaiman said:
Wiimote is usin infra-red, not bluetooth. It is not possible to connect wiimote to your computer by bluetooth.

The Wii Remote uses Bluetooth and plenty of people have connected to their PCs with them for weeks now. It's all over the internet.

The infrared sensor bar is only used so that the Remote knows where it is pointing.

Skippy said:
edit: oops - dougamer beat me to it!

The Wii Remote uses Bluetooth and plenty of people have connected to their PCs with them for weeks now. It's all over the internet.

The infrared sensor bar is only used so that the Remote knows where it is pointing.
er wtf, two stupid answers in a row, the person before you clearly stated that the Ir is used to point. how the *** you gunna move the mouse with bluetooth? there is no mapping in bluetooth, only Ir.

so it's more than possible to use Ir with your computer.

Gaz said:
er wtf, two stupid answers in a row, the person before you clearly stated that the Ir is used to point. how the *** you gunna move the mouse with bluetooth? there is no mapping in bluetooth, only Ir.

Maybe you should look again. Here is the quote we are responding to:

Gaz said:

I'm not sure what you are referring to by saying that you could use IR with your computer, because the only IR I know of on most computers is IRdA transmission (laptops, phones, PDAs), and that is not how the Wii Remote works.

For everyone who seems to be confused, the Wii Remote is a bluetooth device. It has an IR sensor on it that interacts with the Wii Sensor Bar. The Wii Sensor Bar is simply an array of IR LEDs. The Wii Remote itself is calculating its location by interacting with the sensor bar via IR, and sending that information to the Wii (or a computer) via bluetooth. If you were to use pointing on a PC with the Wii Remote, you would need to have a similar sensor bar that you would be aiming at, and the Wii Remote would take care of the calculations and send that information to your PC via bluetooth, and your PC would interpret that data as mouse movements.

tighr said:
I'm not sure what you are referring to by saying that you could use IR with your computer, because the only IR I know of on most computers is IRdA transmission (laptops, phones, PDAs), and that is not how the Wii Remote works.

For everyone who seems to be confused, the Wii Remote is a bluetooth device. It has an IR sensor on it that interacts with the Wii Sensor Bar. The Wii Sensor Bar is simply an array of IR LEDs. The Wii Remote itself is calculating its location by interacting with the sensor bar via IR, and sending that information to the Wii (or a computer) via bluetooth. If you were to use pointing on a PC with the Wii Remote, you would need to have a similar sensor bar that you would be aiming at, and the Wii Remote would take care of the calculations and send that information to your PC via bluetooth, and your PC would interpret that data as mouse movements.
Errr exactly, perfectly possible that way. i didn't quite explain what i ment as i ment it.

sorry skippy, i quoted the wrong person.

Last edited:
i got it to work, i dunno how really. maybe coz i got an IRsensor for the remote 4 my computer. anyhow it works but is pretty crap. it moves over to the sides of the screen all the time and takes ages to get in the middle

spoleweski said:
i got it to work, i dunno how really. maybe coz i got an IRsensor for the remote 4 my computer. anyhow it works but is pretty crap. it moves over to the sides of the screen all the time and takes ages to get in the middle

you can increase the sensitivity if you want.

i got the wii remote to connect to my laptop via bluetooth but it would only connect couldnt get it to do anything else, ill look at it tomorrow. It stated a bluetooth driver and even asked if i wanted to send the passcode which i didnt but it still showed connected.

Back