The Newbies Guide: SSBB

LeWaffles

CUSTOM
Jul 25, 2007
Around Chicago
I don't know if this will be helpful at all or be deleted within the first few minutes but I think it would help people that have not kept up with all the updates from the site and from other sources and other msc stuff about SSBB. Because if you think about it going through ALL of those at once updates would be tough, plus there are a lot of threads about old news.

Ok here goes

The official site of SSBB is smashbros.com (people have actually tried to post this as news :rolleyes:)

Release Date
The game was expected in Dec but was delayed for Feb, Japan gets theres in Jan

Cover
The cover was released, it looks lame and the ESRB rating was T

Controls
You can play it with a nunchuck and wiimote, gc controller, classic controller and 1 wiimote
The controls are completely customizable

New Characters
Sonic is in with
Metaknight
King dedede
Pit
Diddy
Ike
Wario
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas (ness)

New Items
Smoke Ball- Creates smokescreens that are colorful
Smart Bomb- The bomb from Starfox 64 its cool
Assist Trophys- Like Pokeballs but with Nintendo Characters popping out instead

New Features
Final Smash-Appears as an item, hit it and you obtain your characters final smash attack, each character has there own unique attack.

Options
You now have the option to change music tracks, each stage has 2-3 songs

SSBB is featuring online wi-fi
play with fcs and random
Spectator mode-you can watch games instead of playing

Screen settings
It features 16:9 widescreen as well as normal Screen

Misc Pics
The so called leaked roster pic is totally fake

Events
SSBB was playable in LA a couple of months ago go to smashboards.com to hear some first hand accounts.

I don't know if this is gonna come across as totally useless or helpful for new guys but yeah here it is Please Sticky if you find this useful.

Last edited:
nice guide for the noobs that create an account and ask "can't wait for Dec. 3rd!"

not a very good guide

a) not very specific for the release date, say febuary 10th...
b) the box art is awesome, so shut up
c) why only list some of the newcomers and some of the new items? it doesn't make sense
d)considering this is a guide for 'newbies,' you gotta take in accout that some of them is not vey good at interwebing, i would provide a direct link to gimpyfish's thread

Wii-Fi said:
I don't know if this will be helpful at all or be deleted within the first few minutes but I think it would help people that have not kept up with all the updates from the site and from other sources and other msc stuff about SSBB. Because if you think about it going through ALL of those at once updates would be tough, plus there are a lot of threads about old news.

Ok here goes

The official site of SSBB is smashbros.com

Release Date
The game was expected in Dec but was delayed for Feb, Japan gets theres in Jan

Cover
[STRIKE]The cover was released, it looks lame[/STRIKE] THIS IS A GUIDE THERE ARE NO OPINIONSthe ESRB rating was T

Controls
You can play it with a nunchuck and wiimote, gc controller, classic controller and 1 wiimote
The controls are completely customizable

Characters
Sonic is in with
Metaknight
King dedede
Pit
Diddy
Ike
Wario
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas (ness)
Snake
Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong
Mario
Peach
Zelda
Kirby
Samus
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Bowser
Fox
Link
Pikachu

Items
Smoke Ball- Creates smokescreens that are colorful
Smart Bomb- The bomb from Starfox 64 its cool

Assist Trophys
Like Pokeballs but with [STRIKE]Nintendo[/STRIKE] Characters popping out instead

[STRIKE]New[/STRIKE] Features
Final Smash-Appears as an item, hit it and you obtain your characters final smash attack, each character has there own unique attack.

Options
You now have the option to change music tracks, each stage has 2-3 songs

SSBB is featuring online wi-fi
play with fcs and random
Spectator mode-you can watch games instead of playing
You can also send pictures that you took in your game to your friends

Screen settings
It features 16:9 widescreen as well as normal Screen

Misc Pics
[STRIKE]The so called leaked roster pic is totally fake[/STRIKE] <- NO POINT IN THAT If you are going to put pictures then put pictures. not statements.

Events
SSBB was playable in LA a couple of months ago go to smashboards.com to hear some first hand accounts.

I don't know if this is gonna come across as totally useless or helpful for new guys but yeah here it is Please Sticky if you find this useful.
I fixed it, this is a NEWBIES GUIDE, not veteran guide, now newbies didnt play any of them so why do they want to know the newcomers, new items, new everything. why not just learn EVERYTHING.

mushroomedmario said:
not a very good guide

a) not very specific for the release date, say febuary 10th...
b) the box art is awesome, so shut up
c) why only list some of the newcomers and some of the new items? it doesn't make sense
d)considering this is a guide for 'newbies,' you gotta take in accout that some of them is not vey good at interwebing, i would provide a direct link to gimpyfish's thread
Well i didn't say i was done, besides i just wanted this stickied so we wouldn't have to see old news. Balrogs people do ask these q's i mean going throught the WHOLE smashbros site would be a lot especially for those that aren't as into the game or are new. The point is too end threads about things like "Will SSBB have Online?"

PS i said i wasn't done, but i'll make it work.

EDIT I do like the editing done Balrogs, yeah i shouldn't have the opinions, it'll be better by tommorrow or the day after that, I promise.

yeah i guess... i was just hoping to answer q's about old news, idk i created it when some user asked about ssbb's online features. everybody knows it but to those that don't keep up with the updates, you know.

Back