The next console?

Wee300

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2008
What do you think about the next console after the Wii? Do you think it will keep up with the 360's and PS3's graphics (future graphics) or will the next Wii(insert name here) be on par with the 360's graphics and the 360/PS3 will be way better. So what do you think? I am kind of hoping that it keeps up with 360/PS3 graphics and is like it is today. The Wii is truly great. And deserves to be on top.

Well, they have already stated that the graphics will be meet up with that of the future graphics.

Edit: My bad, they didn't state it but many people believe that there will be a Wii 2 coming out in a couple of years for it to compete with Xbox 360 and PS3

Last edited:
Skorpius77 said:
Isnt it a little to early to be thinking about that?

To early? The Wii has been out for what.. nearly a year? It's copies sold really well, and some stores are even sold out of it. So I think they are already working on another copy.

@manred -

That is good to know. I hope the Wii-Game 3000 will be better (that was just a random name I gave to what is to be of the next console for Nintendo) with graphics.

many threads on this but thats ok i guess.

i think they will stick with cheap outdated tech. simply because of how well the wii did. BUT by then the 360/PS3 type technology will be so cheap they will most likely use that wich isnt as bad as what they did this generation with the wii..

see, as far as i can tell the ps4/xbox720 are going to have better graphics, but its not going to be anywhere near as noticable as the ps2-ps3 jump was. so in the end, wii2 will look almost as good as ps4 but not quite there.

this is all just speculation of course. my ps360 has turned me into a graphics whore so im sure ill find a reason to ***** if this is what wii2 does but really, there should be no reason to complain. lol

I used to be a graphics whore myself until the Wii came out. But one thing is for sure though, that the PS9 will be the ultimate console (if you don't know what I'm talking about, search PS9 on youtube).

i believe wii2 will not keep up with ps4 or 720's graphics, i believe it will still be better than the 720 overall, and the real fight will be with the ps4, just like this generation is between the ps3 and wii, cause nobody really likes the 360

speaking of next generation consoles, i heard on some website that the number 4 in japan measn death, and since the people who control sony and the playstations are japanese, they would rename the ps4 "playstation galaxy" and make it a shpere-like console

I know it sounds like BS and its 99.9% most likly not true, im just throwin it out there to see what u people think

manred said:
I used to be a graphics whore myself until the Wii came out. But one thing is for sure though, that the PS9 will be the ultimate console (if you don't know what I'm talking about, search PS9 on youtube).
haha i remember that commercial (if its what im thinking of) is it the one where they show the PS9 and its all interactive virtual reality type **** and then they show ps3 and say "the begining" or something? cause that one really got my attention. cool comercial, ima go watch it now.

You guys have to think about this, remember the Gamecube? it wasn't that much of a financial success was it? therefore Nintendo didn't receive enough money to make the Wii the best in everything, but that didn't stop it for being sold out everywhere to this day, Nintendo is receiving big amounts of money now, so yes I think their next console will be the monster console of them all, and not in size but in graphics capacity, motion controlled and ir usage, and stuff we haven't even thought of yet, I know that's what will happen.

SensesFail said:
many threads on this but thats ok i guess.

i think they will stick with cheap outdated tech. simply because of how well the wii did. BUT by then the 360/PS3 type technology will be so cheap they will most likely use that wich isnt as bad as what they did this generation with the wii..

see, as far as i can tell the ps4/xbox720 are going to have better graphics, but its not going to be anywhere near as noticable as the ps2-ps3 jump was. so in the end, wii2 will look almost as good as ps4 but not quite there.

this is all just speculation of course. my ps360 has turned me into a graphics whore so im sure ill find a reason to ***** if this is what wii2 does but really, there should be no reason to complain. lol

I think your spot on there with your assumptions, I feel the same way really.
However it is still quite early to be discussing this as most systems last for 4-5 years, which would mean 2010/2011.

ps galaxy2 said:
i believe wii2 will not keep up with ps4 or 720's graphics, i believe it will still be better than the 720 overall, and the real fight will be with the ps4, just like this generation is between the ps3 and wii, cause nobody really likes the 360

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Had to stop reading right there because me and many of my friends love the 360. lol

That idea for the next PS would be pretty cool because I have yet to see a spherical console.

manred said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Had to stop reading right there because me and many of my friends love the 360. lol

That idea for the next PS would be pretty cool because I have yet to see a spherical console.
sorry if i offended you, but in my opinion, the only good exlcusives xbox360 has is bioshock, halo 3 and gears of war (in my opinion) and ps3 has resistence, MGS4, uncharted drakes fortune, and haze

back to topic: basically the next generation is gonna be like this generation

nintendo- some great new mario games, plus some other kid games and great exclusive games and use motion sensing

xbox720: make another halo game that will be extremle overhyped and over-rated, but still have some great FPS

sony: they will try to cram as many feature into there next system as possible, and start another great sewries, because every sony system has a series that was great one each system

ps1 had spyro, the ps2 spyro games dont count cause they suck
ps2 had jak and daxter series
ps3 will have resistence triliogy

ps galaxy2 said:

speaking of next generation consoles, i heard on some website that the number 4 in japan measn death, and since the people who control sony and the playstations are japanese, they would rename the ps4 "playstation galaxy" and make it a shpere-like console

I know it sounds like BS and its 99.9% most likly not true, im just throwin it out there to see what u people think
lol your a funny kid. you had me goin for a second there... wait no you didnt.

ps galaxy2 said:
sorry if i offended you, but in my opinion, the only good exlcusives xbox360 has is bioshock, halo 3 and gears of war (in my opinion) and ps3 has resistence, MGS4, uncharted drakes fortune, and haze

back to topic: basically the next generation is gonna be like this generation

nintendo- some great new mario games, plus some other kid games and great exclusive games and use motion sensing

xbox720: make another halo game that will be extremle overhyped and over-rated, but still have some great FPS

sony: they will try to cram as many feature into there next system as possible, and start another great sewries, because every sony system has a series that was great one each system

ps1 had spyro, the ps2 spyro games dont count cause they suck
ps2 had jak and daxter series
ps3 will have resistence triliogy

True about the sony part, but the xbox not so much. (I'm just gonna guess you're a sony fan.)

Anyways, Nintendo will most likely still be making more kid games, but I believe at the same time they will learn to put at least a few more hardcore games so that they could actually compete against other consoles

Back