The Noob Threshold

Wiily Good

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2006
Australia
As much as I hate the word 'Noob', I was wondering what your personal Noob Threshold is. Whether it be joined after a certain date, below a number of posts or any other criteria, I'm just (for some unknown reason) curious to know.

Mine personally is below 25 posts.

EDIT: I'm not saying anyone below 25 posts is an immature, annoying, pokehead noob. It's just that I would class anyone below 25 posts new to the forum.

Last edited:
Noob ?

Meh anyone that has just joined and asks questions that have been answerd is one
Also usein a rocket luancher at point blank range

Some one who is immature, asks stupid questions like 'Zomg is smas bro's coming out???' 'Zomg is mario strikers online?', new (sometimes not the case), only a few posts, spams etc etc etc.

If you see a n00b, you will know it.

1. Anyone who asks questions which already been asked a zillion times before.
2. Anyone who expects people to add them as a friend after 2 posts, especially if the request was in an unrelated thread.
3. Anyone who can't remember to turn the caps lock off.
4. Anyone who uses "Leet" all the time so their posts are impossible to read.

I also count some one as a noob if they didnt join before a certain time
ie :
Here - If you didnt join before the wii was out
A certain /h/ forum - If you after before the forum f up

haha i was here in september last year but forgot my password so i had to make a new account

I do have an opinion of n00bs but it doesn't realate to how long they've been here although most n00bs are generally someone who has just signed up. Anyhoo on to my opinion:
n00bs: Someone who "knows" everything, and whatever anyone else says is wrong. Asks stupid question and then trys to defend there stupidity by swearing and whatnot. And generally acts like an idiot.....bad grammer is another n00bish trait.

So generally, its not about the user statistics (posts, rep, join date), its more about what the user posts.

Well that's good to know. Usually when I post this on a forum I get;
"U R NOOB 4 ASKING",
"Anyone with less posts than me! LOL LOL",
"If u hav less than 100000 posts you r teh noob",
And various other responses.

By the way Darkprinny, going by your, "Joined before the Wii came out" theory, The_Loose_Cannon and Brawny are noobs. I'm sure they'll be pleased. :wink:

Define n00b...

I personally think that if someone has a great atitude and has 25 posts is not a n00b. Those that post a lot, but their posts are just spaming, are they considered to be n00bs?? Maybe...
A n00b person is in many terms a newbie person, a person who joined Whiichat a few days ago, for example. But that term "n00b" is somehow insultive...

Being new to the forums, i cant comment... but i will anyways.
Noob is a mentality, also know as Dumbass-majoris or Retardo-Dementus. Its like the above stated, asking stupid questions, being annoying, flaming, spamming, typing that looks like you just slammed your head into the keyboard. With all the newbs on forums now a days, you need to be fluent in retard. Its a necessity.

anyone can be a non noob even if they have only posted once. it is the quality of the persons posts and the maturity of them. i label the people who say "USE THE ****ING SEARCH FEATURE YOU GOD DAMN NOOB!!!!11!!1!SHIFT+1!11!!" as noobs. or people who flame newbs (newbs are just new people. if you have under 10 posts you are a newb but not necessarily a noob.) for not using something like the search feature. maybe they have never used a forum or couldnt find it. the people i see who flame the newbs for something as trivial as using the search, are IMO noobs

Mitch2025 said:
anyone can be a non noob even if they have only posted once. it is the quality of the persons posts and the maturity of them. i label the people who say "USE THE ****ING SEARCH FEATURE YOU GOD DAMN NOOB!!!!11!!1!SHIFT+1!11!!" as noobs. or people who flame newbs (newbs are just new people. if you have under 10 posts you are a newb but not necessarily a noob.) for not using something like the search feature. maybe they have never used a forum or couldnt find it. the people i see who flame the newbs for something as trivial as using the search, are IMO noobs

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

:wtf:

Mitch thinks I'm a noob . . . .

:cryin:

Back