The Number 23 Enigma

Sep 24, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
4815-7837-6805-1378
Alright, some of you might have watched the movie, And some of you after that might have wanted to research it. I'll state now that the movie is Based on something real here. I just want to know how many of you believe the Number 23 is the source of all events/ disaster/ etc,,i to be honest i believe it. i mean it has to be real. it can't be all a coincidence. Anyways Post everything you know about the Number 23. i can say now that the 9/11 is directed to 23 9+11+2+0+0+1 = 23, The Nuke that bombed Japan in world war 2 was blown at 8:15 8+15 = 23 my name Jason 1+0+1+1+8+1+1+5+1+4 = 23, last name Godin 6+1+5+4+9+1+4 =32 32 reverse =23 my date of birth 1+9+8+9-0-1-3-0 = 23

I love these things:

I was 23 once
I was 5 once, and 5 = 2+3
I was 32 once, and 32 is 23 backwards

Dude you are onto something! :D

are you serious?

I'm a psych major and after seeing the movie I started researching into it, even talked to some of my professors about it. Yes, there is a lot of stuff that adds up to 23. Ewwwwww creeeeeeepy. But when something adds to 32 and you're like "ZOMG that's 23 backwards omgomgomgomg" you've let it get out of hand.

It's all in your head bro.

Confirmation bias, and selection bias. Look it up.

Your head wants to find 23s cause you've created this illusion in your head that the number 23 has some real sort of bearing on the universe. So you're going to make whatever stretch possible to find 23s

Last edited:
yeahh exactly what tank says... i can take the number nine and do the same thing i bet
but i really loved that movie...those kind of movies are my favorite. it reminds me of the butterfly effect

gh05t said:
yeahh exactly what tank says... i can take the number nine and do the same thing i bet
but i really loved that movie...those kind of movies are my favorite. it reminds me of the butterfly effect

agreed. I thought the movie was pretty damn good.

Chose another number.. like any other random number, and I bet you'll be able to find things like dates of disasters and people birthdays and such that adds to that numbers.

Yeah thats what other people have been telling me..but wtv, actually i'm going to tell you why i believe it. The day that i watch the movie, i was you know just hanging out with my Bud..and the Carnival was coming that thursday. Anyways i need to have some Bracelet, so i called the store to see how much they were, he said to me 23$ each. So wtv i was like..hehe it's like in the movie. Then i go look at the calender to see what day it started, and to my amazement it was the 23rd. So then yeah sure thats creepy, so i go to buy the Bracelets so he gives me 4 cards that i need to give at the guy at the Carny to give me the actual Bracelet. The Fourth and Last on he gave me had these numbers on it 13766.. just for the fun of it i calculated that so 1+3+7+6+6= you'll never guess... 23...that was when i just watch the movie and didn't really know much of the number, so really i didn't have it much in my mind...after that day i've been seeing it ever since. Maybe your right that it's just me and i'm creating this godforsaken number, or maybe it is something more...i don't know honestly, all i can tell you is that it freaked the hell of me.

that is creepy. Once I farted 23 times in a row. I also have 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 feet, 2 knees, 2 elbows, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 hands, 2 eyes, 2 nipples and 1 mouth...and what does that total up to? You guessed it 23....eeerie

waxen said:
that is creepy. Once I farted 23 times in a row. I also have 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 feet, 2 knees, 2 elbows, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 hands, 2 eyes, 2 nipples and 1 mouth...and what does that total up to? You guessed it 23....eeerie

pretty sure thats only 21.

but uhh. yeah its all in yo head. didnt you see the movie? it said in there that if you want to find all coincidences with the number 23 then you look and youll find it. its in your head. get over it.

Er ok, well maybe it is....dunno, i didn't want to really see it when i called for the Bracelet it just sorta happen y'know. Oh well wtv...this is in the Entertainment Section so for those of you that watched it, did you think it was a good movie?

Back