The nunchuck

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Well, as I've been reading around, game manuals and such..

It seems the nunchuck has some sensoring to its own!

Though I'm not sure how... Since.. It kinda has no glassy thing where a laser or something can shoot out (not too sure how motion sensor works).

But I'm wondering, how does the nunchuck become sensed? I just thought it was there for the analog stick, C Stick, and Z button (may be worng on that one, but I know it's another button).

Trulen said:
Well, as I've been reading around, game manuals and such..

It seems the nunchuck has some sensoring to its own!

Though I'm not sure how... Since.. It kinda has no glassy thing where a laser or something can shoot out (not too sure how motion sensor works).

But I'm wondering, how does the nunchuck become sensed? I just thought it was there for the analog stick, C Stick, and Z button (may be worng on that one, but I know it's another button).

there are accelerometers in the wiimote and nunchuck that the Wii uses determine motion.

csiguy4u said:
anyways. . .I thought I might add something useful to this thread . .. here is the beginners guide to the Wii which explains how it works.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-articles/4670-wii-beginners-guide.html?highlight=motion+sensing

Yeah, I've thought of that, but this is as far as it explains:
The nunchuk controller is also motion sensitive, but in a far more basic way to the main Wii Remote. It features two shoulder buttons and a main analogue control stick. It connects to the main controller with a wire and also features a rumble motor.

I wanted to know HOW it does motion sensing, since I'm pretty unknowledgable of fancy-dancy hardware goodies. Best I could figure is it has something in there that detects if you move it up,down,left,or right. But then I wondered exactly how precise is it.

csiguy4u, your post would have helped, but I've no idea of what an a accelerometer is ;P

Basically the Wiimote has that "Glassy bit" which is an infra red beam just like your tv remote which the senor bar above/below your tv can detect and so the Wiimote can act as a pointer/aimer. The Wiimote also has sensors inside that can detect when the controller is moved from being stationary to any direction, left right up down diagnal forwards backwards etc, those are the gyroscopes kinda like tilt sensors but a bit more advanced. It can also detect how FAST you move it in a direction i.e if you just move it forwards or if you shove it and these are the accellerometers.

The Nunchuku attachment can also do this, but it can't act as a pointer.

Hope that helped :)

omgomg the nunchuck has motion sensoring also I thought in every commercial/vid of it being played they just moved the nunchuck for the heck of it!

no.

Back