The official conduit thread - the sequel

It will also feature LAN Multiplayer? that's pretty sweet. Not that it matters to me though, as hardly any of my friends have a wii.... But the online, I'm definitely exited about 16 players. Not bad I suppose. Better than CoD WAW's 8.... Don't get me wrong, I like Cod WAW, but the multiplayer could've been better in terms of the number of players.They've already done 32 player online with MoH H2, so why couldn't they at least have like 16 online multiplayer for CoD WAW...I mean, even PS2 had 32 multiplayer.....(right?). Anyways, this game sounds pretty bad ass. When's it coming out? I hope soon.

Well you have to understand that the team developing COC:WaW was under a tight time schedule. The game had to be released along side PS3/XBOX360. They focused more on graphics rather than number of players, and I must say that COD looks much better than MOHH2 online. When you go online with MOHH2 you can't even see the opponent reloading, they are basically just a walking avatar for the person your shooting, it feels really disconnected.

it's been a couple months since i've been here. Those textures are REALLY starting to look good!!
wow IGN has some great vids

Last edited:
Previews lately have sounded good, I love how interesting and talkative the developers are when being asked certain questions.

so i thought i would just post about how the health system is going to work in conduit:

you get three (or four) bars of health. when you have full health and you take damage, your health replenishes but if you take too much damage and you run out of a full bar of health, your first bar will remain empty and you will have to find a health pack to replenish it. IMO it sounds like a good middle ground between health packs and regenerating health.

what do you guys think?

I Cant wait for this game too come out ive knew about it like a year ago and it still aint out yet, its gonna be awesome online!!! 16 players i cant wait im pumped!

More on the 16 player online:

Nintendo Power promised the scoop on The Conduit’s multiplayer mode, but a few early details have apparently been released. If the latest rumors are to be believed, The Conduit will support 16 players online and will include friend codes. This information allegedly comes from High Voltage Software’s Matt Corso, but there is not an official confirmation. Though nothing has been confirmed, these details are more than likely to be true. Granted this information is correct, this means that there is still a major online Wii title out there that will not be supporting friend codes.

[VIA]Conduit Rumors

^

really? it will use friend codes? I was looking forward to no friend codes too... Oh well, at least it'll have voice chat(even if it is in the form of the annoying wii speak peripheral).

Well you have to understand that the team developing COC:WaW was under a tight time schedule. The game had to be released along side PS3/XBOX360. They focused more on graphics rather than number of players, and I must say that COD looks much better than MOHH2 online. When you go online with MOHH2 you can't even see the opponent reloading, they are basically just a walking avatar for the person your shooting, it feels really disconnected.

Hmm... I see. I've never played MOHH2, so I couldn't have known. I guess devs are still trying to focus on what the wii is capable of graphics wise, after they have that down, maybe they'll begin to focus on better online play.

Well I heard that they took out the LAN multiplayer because Nintendo wouldn't allow it. Anyone else hear about this? If it's true then why the heck not?!

Also, there are a few pretty good videos on youtube from NY Comic Con. I can't really post them since I'm on my Wii browser, but just search for The Conduit Wii and sort by date added and they'll be there.

I read on N4G that the US release date has been confirmed by HVS to be June 9th. Yeah, I am basically going to end up in an insane asylum waiting that long because I will start flipping out since I can't wait any longer!

And Animales de la Muerte is no longer coming to WiiWare. What a failure.

Last edited:
Lobby system could be good.

If June ends up being the date, it better end up being a good game and worth the wait.

so i thought i would just post about how the health system is going to work in conduit:

you get three (or four) bars of health. when you have full health and you take damage, your health replenishes but if you take too much damage and you run out of a full bar of health, your first bar will remain empty and you will have to find a health pack to replenish it. IMO it sounds like a good middle ground between health packs and regenerating health.

what do you guys think?

almost sounds like suffering/recovering from a minor/major injury. Nice.

info from nintendo power

- Didn’t fight Drudge in the first of the two levels NP demoed
- Instead fighting against Prometheus (terrorist) - has the power to control people
- Up to something at the Ronald Regan Washington National Airport
- Human soldiers shoot at you
- Enemies pop up from behind counters
- While fighting through the airport, brown-orange gas revives baddies - Secret behind the gas wasn’t revealed to Nintendo Power
- All Seeing Eye allows you to find a number of switches to unlock a door
- Finding switches isn’t difficult
- ASE beeps when you get closer to a hidden object
- ASE becomes very important in subsequent levels
- Much of the plot revealed in interspersed dialogue scenes between John Adams and Mr. Ford
- Plot has many twists and turns
- Game has quality voice work - Mark A. Sheppard doing voice work for Mr. Ford, Willian Morgan Sheppard doing voice work for John Adams
- Library of Congress is another level
- Have to take down Trust agents - under the mistaken impression that you’re a puppet for Prometheus, have orders to take you out
- Can play with 16 players online
- Choose to fight globally, people in your region, people who you’ve exchanged friend codes with
- Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag game modes for online, sub modes within
- Nintendo Power only played with 6 people only but there were no graphical or gameplay issues
- Medical Facility is one of the multiplayer maps
- All maps taken from single-player
- Medical Facility “totally remade to better suit multiplayer gameplay with what the developers call the Human Weapons set (handguns, submachine guns, shotguns, and the like).”
- It’s effective to lock onto your opponent with Z - see how much health he has left
- Head shots do substantial damage, though they don’t always kill opponents instantly
- 180-degree turn button being considered so that you could take someone out at your rear
- Training Complex another Deathmatch map
- Central area with balconies on the perimeter - leaves you open to be sniped
- Everyone starts the match with a rocket launcher
- Other weapons can be found on the map including a gun that lobs electric orbs
- Takes some time to load in a fresh rocket - Rocket can damage opponent even if the aim isn’t spot on
- WiiSpeak support wasn’t implemented for Nintendo Power’s session, but High Voltage promises it will be included when the “the game hits stores in spring.”
[video=youtube;-CtzKu0tEmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CtzKu0tEmY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CtzKu0tEmY[/video]
[video=youtube;o58Ufl1xLes]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o58Ufl1xLes"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o58Ufl1xLes[/video]
[video=youtube;PAh1BaiiMaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAh1BaiiMaE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAh1BaiiMaE[/video]

Last edited:
Back