The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
And while I wait on the eggs for my Mono-Ground challenge, I'm going to do a Mono-Water run on my White and trade an egg or 2 over, but mostly use Pokemon from ingame.

It's done! I completed pokemon Silver, with no white outs, using just a Rattata!

NEW CHALLENGE

Hey, so next I would like to do a Monotype Scramble on Sapphire using only Water types.

Well done bro, well done. Ya've certainly earned that spot in the Hall of Fame, that's for sure. :lol: I sincerely wish ya went the Nuzlocke route, considerin' ya would've beaten it... ah well.

That Monotype/Scramble is also accepted. [STRIKE]I'll give ya Ludicolo and Pelipper.[/STRIKE] Damnit Jordan. :lol:

And while I wait on the eggs for my Mono-Ground challenge, I'm going to do a Mono-Water run on my White and trade an egg or 2 over, but mostly use Pokemon from ingame.

... I'm assuming you're waitin' on eggs I'm s'posed to breed for ya? >_>;

My unbearably horrid memory aside, that Challenge is accepted.

YES! I shall be queen of the sea. Hmmm since I shall be using a friggin ocean god, I'mma crank up the hardness and make this a no item run too.
So, a scramble, monotype, water run, on Pokemon Sapphire with no items. Sweet.

FINAL TEAM
WHISCASH
AZUMARILL
CRAWDAUNT
WALRIEN
SWAMPERT
KYOGRE

Well done bro, well done. Ya've certainly earned that spot in the Hall of Fame, that's for sure. :lol: I sincerely wish ya went the Nuzlocke route, considerin' ya would've beaten it... ah well.

Thanks :) Oh I do have a nuzlocke planned, but I want to do it on HG or SS, because the 'mons follow you around, and you get just that much more attached to them, but I also need a break from Johto!

And that Pelliper and Ludicolo would have been appreciated for type diversity, but on the other hand I just got the chance to use the god of the sea :L

Last edited:
Alright update 2 for Single/nuzlocke challenge.

Last stopped at clay, nothing spectacular cleaned up plasma and the workers and cleaned the gym up with tackle. Used take down on clay and 1 hit ko's each until i got my badge. In the chargestone cave now and i get my next item the lucky egg! now my levels are zipping by and im already 50 before i fight the 6th gym. Get to the celestial tower and learn thunder fang, clear entire place with tackle/crunch. Skyla's gym was just free double exp with tackle+thunder fang. More tm's i wont ever use, continue on through twist mountain just 1 shotting things like usual. Finally get out at lvl 57,immediately go to the gym lvl and use a rare candy for Giga impact. Now i have my 1 hit ko move for everything in sight. Continuing on i meet zekrom wish i could just 1 hit ko it there and end the game D: o well more exp for me. Now im at 8th gym not much of a problem just 1 shot tackle the trainers/giga impact the drunnigons, meet the 8th leader and 1 shot his poke. Now that all badges are acquired i have to assert my dominance on the world with my stoutland. Moving around found Tornadous and 1 shot it for luls. Pass through victory road with little trouble. Now the elite four await me and im lvl 70 and ready to brawl. Marshall will be the only pain and the biggest to date. I still have many tricks up my sleeves though.

Current Set up
Stoutland- Level 70
Thunder Fang Tackle
Crunch Giga Impact
Held item Black Glasses(changes between fights)

Optional items
Silk Scarf
Quick claw
Rocky Helmet

Update 3(could not fall asleep)

ITS OVER. The elite four feel easily to my dark glasses and the dark elite four leader stood no chance vs tackle and thunder fang. The biggest challenge lay ahead, Marshal Fighter type, proved difficult but not impossible. Throh lowered my speeds heavily but i still managed to kill him, and 1 shot durr. Leaving his signature mienshao i left my rocky helmet to do it's magic while out healing every hit i took until it became his turn to heal. Then i followed up with giga impact, 1 shotting it and leaving him with sawk it was a easy battle at that point, out healed tackled and it was over. Now for N i have to waste pokeballs on reshiram >.> keep him in my box cuz thats where an HM slaves belongs. Take down N only problem was his zorakak or whatever that thing is. Afterwards it was Ghetsis's turn poison + protect is made for a stubborn first fight and i had to pot quicker then i would of liked but he summoned his signature poke and i 1 shot it with giga impact. Now that hydrigeon was removed i had an easier time. nothing he threw lasted long and it ended with a giga impact finish. ROUTE 1 LILLIPUP OG REPRESENT!

EDIT:
Current Setup
Stoutland: Level 74
Thunder Fang Tackle
Crunch Giga Impact

Item: Rocky Helmet

Alright i think im going to do a mono-type nuzlocke(poison) challenge of HG(or SS) scramble. I shall have 6 poke. so you choose my poke and first decider gets to choose the game 2 lol(ss seems more poison type friendly early) BE MERCIFUL.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't do a scramble & nuzlocke, man, according to the rules. You don't really get to choose your pokes for a nuzlocke.

If you keep it a scramble, I'll give you Toxicroak and Muk

Last edited:
Derp was thinking of single nuzlocke where u can scramble lol.
EDIT: O well then i'll just do monotype nuzlocke, time to get started lol.

Last edited:
That Challenge is accepted once ya state whatever game you're playin' it on. Well done finishin' that Single/Nuzlocke as well... though I must ask, why the hell does your Stoutland know Tackle instead'a Return... ?

Last edited:
haha i even bought the return TM (other than not knowing my pup's happiness) i decided to keep 35 charges of 1 shots so i didnt have to waste time healing/ restoring my abilities, work out fine and im still deciding the game i think i may actually do it on Diamond tho i will get back to you on my decision. Trying to see which game has good poison pokemon early/in general more then 2-3 (cmon black/white i need poison poke's)

EDIT: I have decided the Monotype/nuzlocke will be on Diamond(already got a head start and oh my god zubat is so useless LOL)

Last edited:
Mono water run: Update 1
-Started out with Oshawott (nicknamed him "Wotter").
-Caught 3 Patrat for the purpose of trading for eggs post
-Gym. Also obtained Pansear.
-Ground Wotter up to level 14 and challenged the Gym. Cilan's Lillipup and Pansage just kept using Work Up. One Focus Energy was enough to allow me to crit Lillipup into a 2HKO, and Pansage went down quickly as well (although a Vine Whip nearly KOed me).
-Wiped out the Plasma Grunts from the Dreamyard. Now I can trade, HUZZAH.
-Traded over eggs for Corphish, Horsea, and Chinchou and hatched them (Lobstrong, Ponsea, and Shocket, respectively)
-Traveled through Nacrene to Pinwheel Forest to catch a Tympole ("Soundwave").
-Trained all 5 and went to fight Lenora. Crushed it.

Team standings:
Wotter the Dewott: Lv. 18
Lobstrong the Corphish: Lv. 18
Ponsea the Horsea: Lv. 18
Soundwave the Tympole: Lv. 18
Shocket the Chinchou: Lv. 19

SAPPHIRE MOVESET UPDATE

It's been quite a while since I played the previous part of this challenge. I left off with Marshtomp, Aron, Kirlia & Ninjask at level 20 and was about to battle May.

I beat May with no trouble at all. Which was a nice change to all the other battles I've had with her in the past. [strike]Bloody Marstomp[/strike]
I moved on to Mauville Town and found Wally outside the gym. I beat his Ralts with Ninjask. The battle took about 6 turns because Ralts kept spamming Double Team. I then healed and battled the gym. I took down everyone with Marstomp and got the badge.

[Strike]I'm tempted to use Marshtomp (and Swampert) only because I can't be bothered training everyone.[/strike]

I don't think I'll do any more challenges after this one on Sapphire. I'm going to use Sapphire for speed runs only. Hopefully I'll get under 3 hours someday.

WHITE NO ITEM UPDATE

I had just beaten the 7th gym when I last stopped.

I entered Dragonspiral Tower (I think that's what it's called) and beat Team Plasma with mainly Enma. I only had to retreat to the pokecentre once. This makes me really appreciate Simisage a lot more than I used to :thumbsup:.
I then had to ride my bike back to Relic Castle because I'm not allowed to use HM02 Fly and beat Team Plasma there. Once that was done, I had to ride my bike back to Nacrene City for some Zekrom related stuff
(You should definitely un-ban fly. Maybe we can only use it on an HM slave.)
I rode my bike to Route 9 to train for the battle against Iris. Once everyone was at a level I was happy with, I made my way through the gym, exiting to heal a few times.
I saved in front of Iris with Blaze, Enma, Jake & Mrs Croc at low health (Retaliate fodder) and Benji (Retaliate) and Paul (Stealth Rock & Sandstorm) at full health.

I led with Paul and set up my Stealth Rocks which were almost useless. I then set up a Sandstorm and switched into one of my Retaliate fodder pokes. They fainted and I brought in Benji (Who has Sand Rush) to use Retaliate and KO Fraxure.
I went into Paul again to set up another Sandstorm because the previous one was about to end. I actually ended up KOing Druddigon with Rock Slides.
Now Haxorus. I switched in to a retaliate fodder poke which then fainted. I brought in Benji who used Retaliate. Unfortunately it didn't KO and Haxorus was healed in the next turn. I again set up another Sandstorm and switched to a retaliate fodder poke. Benji used Retaliate and Haxorus got healed again. I used Paul as retaliate fodder after I set up another Sandstorm if I wanted to be able to outspeed Haxorus. When Paul was eventually KOed, I brought in Benji, not expecting to outspeed due to 4 Dragon Dances. Luckily, Haxorus used Dragon Dance again and I KOed it!

White-out count: 1

Last edited:
It is my sincere regret to announce that I must forfeit my Black 2 Scramble/Moveset Challenge. My car was broken into and my DSi and game were stolen. I would therefore like to alter the challenge to Pokemon Black.

Pokemon Black Scramble/Moveset
Full Team of 6
1. Swoobat:
- Psychic
- Air Slash
- Calm Mind
- Fly

2. Sawk:
- Close Combat
- Strength
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake

3. Cofagrigus:
- Night Shade
- Power Split
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power

4. Cacturne:
- Sucker Punch
- Revenge
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam

5. Heatmor
- Fire Blast
- Swagger
- Bug Bite
- Flamethrower

6. Eelektross
- Dragon Claw
- Volt Switch
- Substitute
- Wild Charge

Last edited:
Well ****, I'm sorry t' hear that... ya certainly have my sympathy. =( I know what it's like t' lose a fat wallet's worth'a cash myself. I agree with Captain Obvious on the notion that it ain't exactly the most enjoyable of experiences.

I'll get ya two Pokes 'n movesets in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back