The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since I've begun my challenges, I intend to make a daily post about the happenings of said challenge, so... summary!

With my first day of my challenge coming to a close. I didn't make much progress, but hey, I'm happy I finally started it.

Owned rivals, plenty of random encounters of the non-final fantasy variety, the usual. And of course, I made it to Striaton Gym. I chose Oshawott just because, so Cilan's Pansage was my opponent. Fluffy the Swablu (Storm... -.-') cleaned up the gym trainers easy, and against Cilan, it's sing only missed once, miraculously. Cilan's Lillipup was a cinch when it was put to sleep; but it was threatening if Sing had missed a second time, since anything with +2 at this point in the game would hurt. Luckily, once asleep, it didn't pose any threat, and was beaten down by my blue bird.

Pansage was in the same vote, except Sing didn't miss. Peck'd it to death, and the Trio Badge was quickly mine. Easiest time I've had with the first gym so far, lol. And ironically, these're the worst pokemon I've taken to said first gym, ever.

I ****ing hate Swablu, though... Erratic EXP growth is ****ing terrible. Trapinch was leveling up practically four times as fast as it, for god's sake. .-. It's a weak pokemon, it grows incredibly slowly for in-game, and it's movepool is subpar. Ugh, Storm. I ugh you. 'Least Trapinch is cleaning up, since it actually has 100 Base Attack, which is just wrecking everything. Why couldn't Flygon of been really fast, or somewhat more powerful, though... ... ... Then it wouldn't be an inferior-everything to the OU dragons... Ah well.

Team stats:

Fluffy: Lv. 11
Trapinch: Lv. 10
Oshawott: Lv. 7 (it's just there, because; later a Surf slave)
Pansear: Lv. 10 (Cut slave, just like Derpawott, it's there just because)

Hahaha quite ur whining bro, it makes it all the more interesting, thats all. Just be kind to your Fluffy, it shall replace you soon. :) lmfao

Hahaha quite ur whining bro, it makes it all the more interesting, thats all. Just be kind to your Fluffy, it shall replace you soon. :) lmfao

And all the more frustrating. -.-; Fluffy's stolen more than 7000 Exp to get to lv. 18 or so; Trapinch has around 2000 total EXP at lv. 21. Ugghhh. If it was something more useful like a Cranidos, I'd put up with it. But it's weak as ****; Peck can barely 3HKO a Lv. 16 Timburr. =/ Swablu is easily the worst pokemon I've ever played in-game with, in terms of being ****, and being annoying as ****! Dx It's a handicap of the worst variety. I'd pay treefitty to use a Pidgey instead. =/

The fact you'll enjoy my hatred of this hat-bird makes it even worse... .-.

My team only needs two more members!!! Anyway, since things are moving a little slowly as of now, we will get started on the movesets for my Pokemon. Since the rules don't specify how many a single person can choose, you choose the movesets for only the Pokemon you chose for me. This means SSBfreakCK has Tauros and Starapter, and RockerJ has Purugly and Bibaral. Please only one TM per Pokemon, which SSBfreakCK hopefully will provide for me via trading. Let the choosing begin!!!

And all the more frustrating. -.-; Fluffy's stolen more than 7000 Exp to get to lv. 18 or so; Trapinch has around 2000 total EXP at lv. 21. Ugghhh. If it was something more useful like a Cranidos, I'd put up with it. But it's weak as ****; Peck can barely 3HKO a Lv. 16 Timburr. =/ Swablu is easily the worst pokemon I've ever played in-game with, in terms of being ****, and being annoying as ****! Dx It's a handicap of the worst variety. I'd pay treefitty to use a Pidgey instead. =/

The fact you'll enjoy my hatred of this hat-bird makes it even worse... .-.

And the fact that I actually enjoy using Altaria should piss you off even more. But yes, for now, I am rather enjoying this thoroughly. In fact, ima make a new team in the Team thread centered around an Altaria, just for shits, giggles, and out of spite :) lol

My team only needs two more members!!! Anyway, since things are moving a little slowly as of now, we will get started on the movesets for my Pokemon. Since the rules don't specify how many a single person can choose, you choose the movesets for only the Pokemon you chose for me. This means SSBfreakCK has Tauros and Starapter, and RockerJ has Purugly and Bibaral. Please only one TM per Pokemon, which SSBfreakCK hopefully will provide for me via trading. Let the choosing begin!!!

Actually Link, trading is not supposed to be used AT ALL for TMs or HMs, be it you receive said TM, or a pokemon you traded over/are going to receive is taught a TM/HM. All TM and HM moves need to be got in-game, so... yeah. Can't supply you with those, sorry man.

Onto your poke's movesets... Since they're good pokes, I'll give ya some good moveset material. =) Just in-case the rest of your team won't be up to snuff, these ones can be your backbone in this rough challenge.

Tauros' Moveset:
Payback (Lvl): Tauros' movepool on level up is Normal moves, Zen Headbutt, and this, lol. Not much variety.
Thrash (Lvl): His best STAB move with effectively high PP, Attack, and isn't shitty Giga Impact.
Zen Headbutt (Lvl): See Payback. :lol:
Earthquake(TM): Tauros have been running Earthquake since Red and Blue. Find it in Wayward Cave, below Cycling Road. It's in the "hidden" pathway you have to run into the wall beneath Cycling Road randomly to find, since you can't see the entrance.

Staraptor's Moveset:

Take Down (Lvl): It's strongest Normal move aside from Return (better on another poke) and Giga Impact.
Close Combat (Lvl): Any Staraptor not using CC is preposterous. Great move for a flying type.
Fly (HM): I hope you're allowing a TM and HM, 'cause Fly is just too useful to give up. Powerful, and convenient.
Roost (TM): Since you'll be gettin' a bit hurt by Take Down, this'l be invaluable. A girl on route 210 gives it to you for free.

So remember, everyone. The TMs Earthquake and Roost can't be applied to any of Link's other pokes now (unless Roost is rejected, lol).

altariafanboybullshit

... I will DESTROY you...

Sorry about the confusion with the TMs. I have to say, I am pleased with your movesets. I am a big fan of Staraptor, so I will have fun with him. The Tauros will be interesting. I've never actually used one before so it'll be a new experience for me.

Team so far:
Staraptor- Fly, Roost, Take Down, Close Combat
Tauros- Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Payback, Thrash
Biberal- ???
Purugly- ???
??? - ???
???- ???

Last edited:
I have to say, I am pleased with your movesets.

Grand! T'was my intention. :thumbsup:

And now for another update on my challenge!

Day two came with a bit more progress than before, but hardly.

Trapinch is coming along great; OHKOs nigh-everything, and levels up extremely fast, since I don't keep him as a priority to level. Just a few pokes at his level or higher, and he's up another.

Fluffy (Storm... -_-'), on the other hand, is still sucking more than a Ultrahigh Vacuum Chamber. =/ Still taking forever to level up, and until I was well in Castelia City business, couldn't even OHKO a ****in' Sewaddle with Peck. 4x Super Effective and STAB, and it STILL couldn't OHKO. ARGH! This thing really is the worst piece of **** I've ever used in a pokemon game...

Speaking of Fluffy being garbage, Nacrene City gym was nearly a disaster because Fluffy sucks so hard. It almost gets OHKO'd by Lenora's Herdier and it's Take down, so I had to use Trapinch, and it lost some good HP in the process. Fluffy died horribly from Watchog and it's STAB retaliate via 2HKO though, even after I switched in fodder to take the boosted hit. Trapinch barely managed to clean up, since it wasn't 2HKO'd by non-boosted Retaliate, and even if it was put to sleep twice in a row by Hypnosis, it managed to clean up as I used up my small stock of super potions to keep it alive, and waited for it to wake up. I won since I wasn't haxed to death; and considering how many times I'm getting crit'ed (a random trainer's Purrloin Crit haxed me twice while hitting with Fury Swipe's all 5 hits, which of course, killed pathetic Fluffy -.-), I'm surprised hax DIDN'T kill me horribly, lol.

Oh, and I caught a Sawk afterwards. First pokemon to appear outside Pinwheel, so at least something went right 'n lucky for me.

After the back-to-back Team Plasma douche baggery, Burgh was a cinch, actually. Fluffy could FINALLY OHKO a Sewaddle that was a lower level than it. -_-; Trapinch had to handle Dwebble, but Whirlipede was 3HKO'd, and Leavanny 2HKO'd (OMFG!) by Fluffy. For once, the bird-hat was useful, but in no way worth all the suffering up 'till now, ugh...

Of course, the only reason Fluffy was of any use was because of the Eviolite I gave it. =P Trapinch would be unstoppable with it, but I've got waste it on this flying rat... ... ...

Team Levels:

Fluffy: Lv. 24 (and still shitty! :D)
Trapinch: Lv. 22 (with all-due minimal effort)
NEW! Sawk: Lv. 15 (for a Star Piece outside of Nacrene :lol: )
NEW! Cottonee: Lv. 15 (I wanted it to evolve later :3)
Pansear: Lv. 10
Oshawott: Lv. 12 (The bastard stole half of Fluffy's EXP of an Audino since I needed to negate the two Growls on Fluffy, and for 10 ****ing turns, it wouldn't kill it, so I got bored and switched back to Fluffy .-.)

Oh, and these are Link's final pokes and their movesets.

Spinda:
Dizzy Punch
Double Edge
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

Ambipom:
Swift
Nasty Plot
Last Resort
Thunderbolt

Last edited:
These are Red_Link's final Pokemon and their movesets.

Spinda:
Dizzy Punch
Double Edge
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

Ambipom:
Swift
Nasty Plot
Last Resort
Thunderbolt

I read the rules before I posted this, so I know these are valid.

Yes, finally, I have all of my Pokemon decided, and now I am just waiting for RockerJ for the last movesets. So I will need a Tauros, Aipom, Glamoew, and Spinda from SSBfreakCK, if he is willing. Then I can finally get started on this challenge!

Yes, finally, I have all of my Pokemon decided, and now I am just waiting for RockerJ for the last movesets. So I will need a Tauros, Aipom, Glamoew, and Spinda from SSBfreakCK, if he is willing. Then I can finally get started on this challenge!

Four easy eggs, no problem. :thumbsup: I'll get to work on 'em soon enough.

Your eggs will definitely be ready tomorrow, Link. =) I'd imagine J'll find the time to do your movesets the 'morrow, too.

And another daily challenge status comes to a close. Really didn't make much progress, this time... Just one badge.

Smacked around my rivals, traveled through the desert, hated on Fluffy (Storm... -_-') some more, and made progress in Nimbasa. Elesa was just-plain easy. I focused on leveling up Fluffy beforehand, since the piece of **** takes so long to level, and Trapinch was underleveled before the gym. But when you're a ground type with Eviolite, that posses few problems. :p Rock Tomb ruined the Emolga, Dig for all the Blitzle. The gym trainers were beyond easy.

Elesa was just as easy, really. Both of her Emolga were ruined by a 2HKO of Rock Tomb, and Zebstrika fell to a single Earthquake. Flame Charge didn't even do half health; that electric immunity made this gym just-plain easy. Boring easy. :lol: Another day, another badge. With the bolt badge down, I'm halfway there!

Team Levels:

Fluffy: Lv 31 (only four more 'till Altaria, thank god! T_T I will destroy you for this torment, Storm! DESTROY!)
Trapinch: Lv 30
The slaves: all the same as last time.

Your eggs will definitely be ready tomorrow, Link. =) I'd imagine J'll find the time to do your movesets the 'morrow, too.And another daily challenge status comes to a close. Really didn't make much progress, this time... Just one badge.Smacked around my rivals, traveled through the desert, hated on Fluffy (Storm... -_-') some more, and made progress in Nimbasa. Elesa was just-plain easy. I focused on leveling up Fluffy beforehand, since the piece of **** takes so long to level, and Trapinch was underleveled before the gym. But when you're a ground type with Eviolite, that posses few problems. :p Rock Tomb ruined the Emolga, Dig for all the Blitzle. The gym trainers were beyond easy.Elesa was just as easy, really. Both of her Emolga were ruined by a 2HKO of Rock Tomb, and Zebstrika fell to a single Earthquake. Flame Charge didn't
even do half health; that electric immunity made this gym just-plain easy. Boring easy. :lol: Another day, another badge. With the bolt badge down, I'm halfway there! Team Levels:Fluffy: Lv 31 (only four more 'till Altaria, thank god! T_T I will destroy you for this torment, Storm! DESTROY!)Trapinch: Lv 30The slaves: all the same as last time.

Man I pitty you. Hopefully when it evolves it will serve you better. About the eggs, after I get my final movesets I will PM you about the time and such for the trading.

Last edited:
Man I pitty you. Hopefully when it evolves it will serve you better. About the eggs, after I get my final movesets I will PM you about the time and such for the trading.

Thanks for the pity, but no amount of it can save me from this sinister bird... T_T (Storm... -_-')

You got it, Link. I only need to breed the Tauros egg, so whenever the time comes, they'l be 100% ready. :thumbsup: Make sure to catch four fodder pokes for the eggs.

I forgot about today's challenge update, lol. herpaderp

Really, nothin' important happened at all. Fought a few trainers, evolved my useless Fluffy into a gigantic ball of useless fluff (Storm... -_-'), and Trapinch gained some levels. I'll hopefully be able to snag at least two badges tomorrow to make up for this lack in progress. Oh, and I got Strength.

Team Levels:

Trapinch: Lv. 32
Fluffy: Lv. 35
Sawk: Lv. 17 (a rotation battle forced two levels)
Whimsicott: Lv. 15 (<3)
Oshawott: Lv. 12
Pansear: Lv. 10

Challenge Update 1

My challenge has finally begun! :) To get things started, I went through the very beginning with ease. I chose Turtwig for my starter, just because Turtwig is awesome, but unfortunatly ditched it as soon as I could get my hands on a Starly and Bidoof. So I continued through Jublife City, with both my Starly and Bidoof doing well. When it came to the first rival battle right outside Jublife, I had no trouble whatsoever. I quickly then made it to Oreburgh city, disposing of any trainers standing in my way. That was my final destination for the day, for their I was able to get my pal pad. I finished my team by receiving a Spinda, Tauros, Aipom, and Glameow from SSBfreakCK at level one each. Thus ends the first day of my adventure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back