The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. I select you my favorite Electric type. Zebstrika!!!!!!
Move set:
Thunder Wave
Wild Charge
Flame Charge
Return

Any problems with that moveset?

Last edited:
Alright. I select you my favorite Electric type. Zebstrika!!!!!!Move set:Thunder WaveWild ChargeFlame ChargeStompAny problems with that moveset?

The only problem is your lazy grammar and post set-up. :lol: You really are getting more lazy than me, bro. =P

You could at least give him Return for the normal move, though. >.>; 10,000 Poke TM at Nimbasa. Easily sparred cash if he doesn't buy an excess of every item by 20.

The only problem is your lazy grammar and post set-up. :lol: You really are getting more lazy than me, bro. =P
You could at least give him Return for the normal move, though. >.>; 10,000 Poke TM at Nimbasa. Easily sparred cash if he doesn't buy an excess of every item by 20.

Sorry. Bad iPad is bad. I'll fix it. It just decides sometimes that the "return" key will not break the line.

See how annoying this is? I have to go back through and edit all of the line breaks. Safari flat out sucks. Gimme Chrome for the iPad/iPod.

Last edited:
And another day of the challenge comes to a close.

After N got his dragon of death and destruction, I headed off to shitty-futuristic Black Opelucid city. Owned Bianca for the last time, and off to the gym.

Opelucid Gym was absolutely a piece of cake. Along the way, I stopped at Shopping Mall Nine and bought a bunch of vitamins for Druddigon, since it clearly doesn't have many EVs at this point. 5 Proteins, 9 HP Ups, and 8 Carbos just to boost it's overall usability. There's no way it's going to get 200+ EVs by the time I finish up the game anyways...

So yeah. Druddigon outspeed all enemy Dragons the gym trainers had, and OHKO'd with STAB Dragon Claw. Whadda beast. Got to Drayden quick enough, and outspeed his Druddigon and Haxorus for, again, a D-Claw OHKO. I didn't outspeed Haxorus, but it used DD and I OHKO'd it regardless for a win. Even if it had Outrage, it wasn't gonna OHKO Druddigon, though. Early on I wanted to make sure I had three D-Claw uses left for Drayden, so I resorted to using Revenge. A gym trainer's Fraxure got up a DD and hit with a +1 STAB D-Claw, but Druddigon survived while already being at 2/3rds HP from a bunch of enemy Druddigons' Rough Skin ability, and OHKO'd back. What a ****in' beast; Fluffy can piss off, and Flygon isn't as good as this monster. Druddigon is full of win. I gotta thank Nick for this guy. xD Dragon gym pwnt by my one Dragon, the Legend badge is easily mine. 8 Badges and time for the League. =D

I'll be finishing my challenge tomorrow. Then I can dump this hat-bird (Storm... -_-') off into oblivion to stay forever more, i.e. a box. =)

Nicky, Storm needs one final poke for his Scramble Team and Scramble Moveset challenge on his Black. Get to it, bro. :p

And no discussion of emulators. -.-

Alright.

D=

...well, you get my point.

Edit: Assuming that this hasnt been chosen yet.....

Stunfisk

Discharge
Surf
Bide
Revenge

trollface_WRAPPEDinBACONs_FIRST_PIC_DUMP-s469x428-137060-580.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm

[/Is considering getting a B/W emulator to do a Stunfisk solo run]

Wait, B/W doesn't even let you play a new game if you have a current save file, does it? Or else I'd suggest a no save run.

And watch out Exor, CK has got the ban hammer on his side.

Wait, B/W doesn't even let you play a new game if you have a current save file, does it? Or else I'd suggest a no save run.

You can delete save files just like on DPP; for some reason it doesn't tell you, though. I believe you hold L, Select, and B on the title screen (before you can select continue) or something of the like. I didn't remember what it was, so I had to look it up before starting a new game. :lol:

And watch out Exor, CK has got the ban hammer on his side.

Ban_hammer.jpg

My ban hammer has Karp decals on it, though. That makes it go even faster when swung. :3

AND NOW FOR THE FINAL CHALLENGE UPDATE!

Off to victory road and moar epic BW music. Honestly, I love Route 10's theme, as well as every piece of music to proceed it 'till the credits (which are good themselves, really). N's Castle, Victory Road, all of it's epic. The avatar who represents the composers of BW in Castelia was damn right when he said they put a ton of effort into BW's OST.

But that's a tangent (COSINE!) for another time. At this point, my pokes were a tiny bit overleveled. So I avoided all trainers I could. Cheren was a piece of cake, really; Fluffy (Storm... -_-') was the furthest behind though, so he took 'em on alone. DD up and sweep, too easy. Then, off to Victory Road! With super repels and a hop, skip, and jump past a few trainers I had to battle, I got through really fast. Healed up, bought some healing items (even after all those vitamins for Druddigon and minimal trainer battles, I built up some spare cash, lol), it's time for the challenge.

I always go Clockwise from the left, since I'd imagine that's how they intended. So, Shauntal was first up. I felt I should give Flygon a shot first. It doesn't have Sheer Force boosted crunch like Druddigon, but it has enough attack to win on it's own. A lucky crit starts off an OHKO on Cofagrigus for lulz, and Golurk was 2HKO'd when it used Curse after the first Crunch. A quick switch to Druddigon to cure the curse, and an OHKO on Jellicent with it's boosted Crunch. I brought Flygon back out to decimate Chandelure for an OHKO via Earthquake. Quick, and too easy. None of my pokes were above lv. 51, so for not having a huge level advantage, this was boringly quick.

Next up is Grimsley. I felt Fluffy could finally be of use via Dragon Dance, so I DD'd up against his Scrafty lead, only to get sand attacked. =/ Luckily, I have Aerial Ace, so I proceeded to DD up two more times, and OHKO it. It's crunch couldn't even 3HKO, so I was at a huge advantage. Krookodile's intimidate was annoying, but Fly shut it up. Liepard came in and Fake Out'd, but what little that did. Fly proceeded to OHKO both Liepard and Bisharp. Another easy win.

Third is Caitlin. Druddigon's boosted Crunch was, without a doubt, going to dominate here. Her team isn't fast besides Sigilyph. Crunch OHKO'd everything but her Musharna, which did next to nothing with it's Psybeam. Druddigon survived with ample health, and decimated her team. Again, this thing's a beast.

Finally, Marshal was up. I know at least his Sawk and Throh had Stone Edge, but I lead with Altaria to DD up and sweep via Flying moves. Without even a defense boost, Stone Edge would barely not 2HKO Fluffy, so he got up a good 3 DDs, with one Stone Edge missing. Hyper Potion up, and sweep away with Fly. Another easy sweep.

And then all this crazy N's Castle **** goes down, plot twists and the like. Epic every time. I caught Reshiram without a hitch; and into the battle. I beat up his Zekrom with Reshiram just for the lulz. Even Fluffy would of had an easier time, but hey. They exchanged broadsides quite a bit, and the bastard put up Light Screen on turn two; not to mention Reshiram had a ****ing Careful nature. It's Sp.A was pathetic, only 8 more than it's Atk. =/ But it still held it's own with an X Def to take those Giga Impacts like a champ. After some intense legendary action, Zekrom fell.

So out comes Carracosta and my Flygon. Earthquake, to my surprise (oh, there'll be a few of these), didn't even OHKO (not because of Sturdy, though; didn't know it had it anyways, lol). It's Waterfall didn't do more than half Flygon's HP though, so all was good. Another EQ, and it was done. Next up comes what I'd been fearing the most for the entire game; that ugly ****ing Vanilluxe. Fast enough with STAB Ice moves to decimate my team; and since I decided to truck this out with only my main dragon pokes and Reshiram, no fodder, I can't take risks to dispatch it.

I sent out Druddigon since it isn't 4x weak, hoping it'l survive a Frost Breath and counter for a Revenge OHKO; however, it uses Blizzard instead, ****. To my luck it misses, and Revenge hits for half damage in return. Not an OHKO, damn... Blizzard proceeds to smash Druddigon for an OHKO, and now my hardest hitter is KO'd. Flygon comes out and proceeds to finish off the weakened ice cream via Earthquake, good riddance.

Next in line is Archeops. Flygon's Dragon Claw takes it below half health, so even no-item Acrobatics didn't do more than half Flygon's HP. Another D-claw, and that's a 2HKO. N's in trouble now. He sends out Klingklang like a moron, and Earthquake easily OHKO's. Last in line is his Zoroark.

I sent out Fluffy for teh lulz, and decided to fire off a Fly. It actually OHKO'd to my surprise, so I lol'd at how frail Zoroark are. One boss down, one more to go.

With N healing my team, the battle begins; with Reshiram out first, damnit. A switch gives him a free toxic to my Druddigon. A quick Antidote and a Crunch to end all ghosts, Cofagrigus is OHKO'd and out of the way. Next up was Bouffalant. Head charge did massive damage, easily a 2HKO to Druddigon, but Revenge OHKO'd (just barely, I imagine) right back. But now he's near the red, so Druddigon's back to the bench.

Out comes what I've been slightly worried about; Ghetsis' Hydreigon. I sent Flygon out to OHKO it, but I was shocked to see it outspeed my Flygon, which actually had speed EVs, and hit hard with Dragon Pulse. Flygon was deep in the red, and Dragon Claw countered for identical damage practically. I went for another D-claw as Ghetsis uses a Full Restore, and I end up losing Flygon to another D-pulse.

Out comes Fluffy. It's the most bulky of my team, but not by much, so I knew it'd take just one D-Pulse. Aerial Ace finished off Hydreigon. So out comes his Seismitoad. I send Druddigon out to counter. D-Claw was barely a 2HKO, and luckily I outsped him when he used Rain Dance. An easy KO.

Just two left. Elektross comes out, and it's simply not a threat. I take the time to Hyper Potion, and proceed to 2HKO it with D-Claw, it's Crunches doing rather pitiful damage. His last poke Bisharp comes out to die to a 4x boosted Revenge, Druddigon taking his Night Slash like a champ, and OHKOing back. Final boss pwnt, my win. ;D

Challenge complete! Aside from the shitty erratic-EXP hat bird Storm (ugh, Storm... -_-') gave me, and the Druddigon bigotry, this was certainly fun. I can't wait for the final of the BW trio to come out, not that it'l be for awhile. :3

Looks like I'm the first to be added to the new hall of fame. Ya Slowbros.

Final Team Stats:

Reshiram: Lv. 50
Fluffy: Lv. 55
Druddigon: Lv. 54
Flygon: Lv. 53

Quite the fair fight, actually.

EDIT: I'm still the only person who's completed a Combined challenge. Twice in a row, none the less. :lol: Who will be the second person to be added to the Combined challenge HALL OF FAME?!

Last edited:
You can delete save files just like on DPP; for some reason it doesn't tell you, though. I believe you hold L, Select, and B on the title screen (before you can select continue) or something of the like. I didn't remember what it was, so I had to look it up before starting a new game. :lol:

Ban_hammer.jpg

My ban hammer has Karp decals on it, though. That makes it go even faster when swung. :3

AND NOW FOR THE FINAL CHALLENGE UPDATE!

Off to victory road and moar epic BW music. Honestly, I love Route 10's theme, as well as every piece of music to proceed it 'till the credits (which are good themselves, really). N's Castle, Victory Road, all of it's epic. The avatar who represents the composers of BW in Castelia was damn right when he said they put a ton of effort into BW's OST.

But that's a tangent (COSINE!) for another time. At this point, my pokes were a tiny bit overleveled. So I avoided all trainers I could. Cheren was a piece of cake, really; Fluffy (Storm... -_-') was the furthest behind though, so he took 'em on alone. DD up and sweep, too easy. Then, off to Victory Road! With super repels and a hop, skip, and jump past a few trainers I had to battle, I got through really fast. Healed up, bought some healing items (even after all those vitamins for Druddigon and minimal trainer battles, I built up some spare cash, lol), it's time for the challenge.

I always go Clockwise from the left, since I'd imagine that's how they intended. So, Shauntal was first up. I felt I should give Flygon a shot first. It doesn't have Sheer Force boosted crunch like Druddigon, but it has enough attack to win on it's own. A lucky crit starts off an OHKO on Cofagrigus for lulz, and Golurk was 2HKO'd when it used Curse after the first Crunch. A quick switch to Druddigon to cure the curse, and an OHKO on Jellicent with it's boosted Crunch. I brought Flygon back out to decimate Chandelure for an OHKO via Earthquake. Quick, and too easy. None of my pokes were above lv. 51, so for not having a huge level advantage, this was boringly quick.

Next up is Grimsley. I felt Fluffy could finally be of use via Dragon Dance, so I DD'd up against his Scrafty lead, only to get sand attacked. =/ Luckily, I have Aerial Ace, so I proceeded to DD up two more times, and OHKO it. It's crunch couldn't even 3HKO, so I was at a huge advantage. Krookodile's intimidate was annoying, but Fly shut it up. Liepard came in and Fake Out'd, but what little that did. Fly proceeded to OHKO both Liepard and Bisharp. Another easy win.

Third is Caitlin. Druddigon's boosted Crunch was, without a doubt, going to dominate here. Her team isn't fast besides Sigilyph. Crunch OHKO'd everything but her Musharna, which did next to nothing with it's Psybeam. Druddigon survived with ample health, and decimated her team. Again, this thing's a beast.

Finally, Marshal was up. I know at least his Sawk and Throh had Stone Edge, but I lead with Altaria to DD up and sweep via Flying moves. Without even a defense boost, Stone Edge would barely not 2HKO Fluffy, so he got up a good 3 DDs, with one Stone Edge missing. Hyper Potion up, and sweep away with Fly. Another easy sweep.

And then all this crazy N's Castle **** goes down, plot twists and the like. Epic every time. I caught Reshiram without a hitch; and into the battle. I beat up his Zekrom with Reshiram just for the lulz. Even Fluffy would of had an easier time, but hey. They exchanged broadsides quite a bit, and the bastard put up Light Screen on turn two; not to mention Reshiram had a ****ing Careful nature. It's Sp.A was pathetic, only 8 more than it's Atk. =/ But it still held it's own with an X Def to take those Giga Impacts like a champ. After some intense legendary action, Zekrom fell.

So out comes Carracosta and my Flygon. Earthquake, to my surprise (oh, there'll be a few of these), didn't even OHKO (not because of Sturdy, though; didn't know it had it anyways, lol). It's Waterfall didn't do more than half Flygon's HP though, so all was good. Another EQ, and it was done. Next up comes what I'd been fearing the most for the entire game; that ugly ****ing Vanilluxe. Fast enough with STAB Ice moves to decimate my team; and since I decided to truck this out with only my main dragon pokes and Reshiram, no fodder, I can't take risks to dispatch it.

I sent out Druddigon since it isn't 4x weak, hoping it'l survive a Frost Breath and counter for a Revenge OHKO; however, it uses Blizzard instead, ****. To my luck it misses, and Revenge hits for half damage in return. Not an OHKO, damn... Blizzard proceeds to smash Druddigon for an OHKO, and now my hardest hitter is KO'd. Flygon comes out and proceeds to finish off the weakened ice cream via Earthquake, good riddance.

Next in line is Archeops. Flygon's Dragon Claw takes it below half health, so even no-item Acrobatics didn't do more than half Flygon's HP. Another D-claw, and that's a 2HKO. N's in trouble now. He sends out Klingklang like a moron, and Earthquake easily OHKO's. Last in line is his Zoroark.

I sent out Fluffy for teh lulz, and decided to fire off a Fly. It actually OHKO'd to my surprise, so I lol'd at how frail Zoroark are. One boss down, one more to go.

With N healing my team, the battle begins; with Reshiram out first, damnit. A switch gives him a free toxic to my Druddigon. A quick Antidote and a Crunch to end all ghosts, Cofagrigus is OHKO'd and out of the way. Next up was Bouffalant. Head charge did massive damage, easily a 2HKO to Druddigon, but Revenge OHKO'd (just barely, I imagine) right back. But now he's near the red, so Druddigon's back to the bench.

Out comes what I've been slightly worried about; Ghetsis' Hydreigon. I sent Flygon out to OHKO it, but I was shocked to see it outspeed my Flygon, which actually had speed EVs, and hit hard with Dragon Pulse. Flygon was deep in the red, and Dragon Claw countered for identical damage practically. I went for another D-claw as Ghetsis uses a Full Restore, and I end up losing Flygon to another D-pulse.

Out comes Fluffy. It's the most bulky of my team, but not by much, so I knew it'd take just one D-Pulse. Aerial Ace finished off Hydreigon. So out comes his Seismitoad. I send Druddigon out to counter. D-Claw was barely a 2HKO, and luckily I outsped him when he used Rain Dance. An easy KO.

Just two left. Elektross comes out, and it's simply not a threat. I take the time to Hyper Potion, and proceed to 2HKO it with D-Claw, it's Crunches doing rather pitiful damage. His last poke Bisharp comes out to die to a 4x boosted Revenge, Druddigon taking his Night Slash like a champ, and OHKOing back. Final boss pwnt, my win. ;D

Challenge complete! Aside from the shitty erratic-EXP hat bird Storm (ugh, Storm... -_-') gave me, and the Druddigon bigotry, this was certainly fun. I can't wait for the final of the BW trio to come out, not that it'l be for awhile. :3

Looks like I'm the first to be added to the new hall of fame. Ya Slowbros.

Final Team Stats:

Reshiram: Lv. 50
Fluffy: Lv. 55
Druddigon: Lv. 54
Flygon: Lv. 53

Quite the fair fight, actually.

EDIT: I'm still the only person who's completed a Combined challenge. Twice in a row, none the less. :lol: Who will be the second person to be added to the Combined challenge HALL OF FAME?!

I quit reading after the TWEWY reference... Captain Falcon does not approve :frown5:

Storm, can you give me a bug type Pokemon? I never got one from you. I have 3 right now (Garvantula or Larvestair whatever, and Durant) I'm only using four, and that leaves me one short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back