The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on your impressive victory, CK. Your Pokes turned out okay, huh?

Except for Fluffy (for the last time; Storm... -_-'). Ugghhhh. Even a Feebas can sweep an entire team abusing Dragon Dance. -_- Flygon's typing was what made him do well, and Druddigon just-plain powered through, with his reasonable bulk offsetting the disadvantage his pathetic speed would normally be.

oh, my bad bro. Hows about.... Leavanny

It'd be best to find a Leavanny via them grass-shaking spots where you can find it, so you don't have to worry about happiness evolution, and getting it at a low level, J.

Beginning my adventure! Started out choosing Oshawatt (gotta have an HM slave for Surf) as usual, went through the normal trials of a new pokemon trainer, caught both a Patrat and a Yorkie. Just gettin to the 2nd city. Soon to obtain my Fluffy (CK.... -.-) and Pinsir via trade. Heeeeere we go!

So I have my Fluffy and my Pinsir on my team already, with my HM slave in the form of Oshawatt. Already got the first badge, was a piece of cake. Pinsir seems to be just too beastly for the other pokes these levels to compete with. Mowed down Cilan's Lillipup with a 2HKO ViceGrip, then had Fluffy (CK.... -.-) proceed to Sing Cilan's Pansage to sleep. That damned thing slept for 5 turns. And after 5 STAB super effective peck attacks, his Pansage is just BARELY below half health. And then it wakes up. Im not worried. His poke uses Work Up. Then again, and again, and again. It used Work up 4 times in a row, which was long enough for my not so powerful powder-puff-ball to defeat it.

In short, just walked out with my first badge, and have Fluffy (CK.... -.-) at level 10, with Pinsir at level 11. Onwards!

Pinwheel Forest, and the real adventure begins. I went ahead and caught a Sewaddle, eager to get my first bug type (and I'm ready for that Durant egg whenever). Yeah, Sewaddle has been pretty annoying recently, especially with getting it just in time for the bug gym, who's Venipede has been giving my Swadloon trouble. I'm going to try to grind a little bit, maybe get him high enough level to overpower the bug gym with it. Should be interesting.

... And after 5 STAB super effective peck attacks, his Pansage is just BARELY below half health...

[video=youtube;YdTqPJjmwwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTqPJjmwwo&NR=1[/video]

My sustenance is your anguish. >=D

-Challenge Update-

With the rock gym under my belt, and having enough of Oreburgh City, I made my way back to Jublife. There I stocked up on some supplies, conquered some Team Galactic Grunts, and sped through route 204, soon reaching Floroma Town.

There was virtually nothing to do here, so I then made the short journey to Valley Windworks, did what was needed, and crossed back over into flower wonderland. I made short work of team Galactic. Once again I went to Valley Windworks and completely drove out Team Galactic's presence from that area. Commander Mars was a peace of cake, my Pokemon quickly tore hers apart.

Next I made my was up through route 205 and into Eterna Forest. Chyrel the wimp and I made it through with almost no difficulty, and I made it to Eterna City! There I did a little training and then challenged the Eterna City Gym. After obliterating the trainers, I had a easy time battling Gardenia. I didn't even feel the need to use Staravia and sweep with flying-tye attacks.

Having easily and somewhat quickly obtained my second badge, I made short work of Team Galactic in their building, finding Commander Jupiter just as easy as Commander Mars.

Team so far:
Staravia lvl 20
Bibaral lvl 19
Spinda lvl 19
Aipom lvl 19
Tauros lvl 19
Glameow lvl 18

Their ends the update for now!

Floaroma town's theme is full of relaxing win. ♪

Gotta say this is why I prefer a 3-4 poke team to a full 6-team. It isn't harder, but it requires a bit of grinding... And let's face it, rarely is level grinding fun, eh? :lol:

Yeah, especially when the gym your on is better than your Pokemon. And is it illegal for me to catch a wild Leavanny, although I already have a Swadloon?

Yeah, especially when the gym your on is better than your Pokemon. And is it illegal for me to catch a wild Leavanny, although I already have a Swadloon?

So long as you're replacing the Swadloon, not at all. Good luck finding a Leavanny prior to getting the insect badge, though. Not only do they have a 5% encounter rate (I only found one by random chance in my recent challenge; that's the only wild Leavanny I've ever found), but you can only encounter them at Route 6 and Lostlorn Forest. Stick with your Swadloon. It'l evolve by then, and have EVs.

So long as you're replacing the Swadloon, not at all. Good luck finding a Leavanny prior to getting the insect badge, though. Not only do they have a 5% encounter rate (I only found one by random chance in my recent challenge; that's the only wild Leavanny I've ever found), but you can only encounter them at Route 6 and Lostlorn Forest. Stick with your Swadloon. It'l evolve by then, and have EVs.

Yeah, but I'm afraid I'll miss an attack or two. I have no idea when it'll level up.

So long as it evolves before level 30, bro. 29 is when it learns slash, and Leaf Blade ain't learned 'till 36. If you're desperate, just walk around 'till it's happiness is incredibly high. Every 256 steps, a poke gets +1 to Happiness. It'l take awhile, but what can ya do, eh?

There's also a massage lady on the first building to the left on Castelia Street, I believe. It's a free +3 you get while walking there once a day, so why not? Go get it before it hits midnight, lol.

My DS is set an hour back (for reasons unknown) so I got plenty of time, I'll probably kill time by running the bridge for a little.

UPDATE!

So I took Cheren out just before cleaning up Team Plasma from the cave on route 6 i think it is... lol. Afterwords, went and caught me a Blitzle (named em Sparky ha) at level 10, and decided it was time to level grind. After cleaning up N, I walked into the normal type gym and let Pinsir clean up the whole thing by himself. Didnt even need to others. Cleaned up Elaine's Herdier with 2 Vicegrips after using focus energy (ended up killing itself with Take Down) then out came that stupid Rat thing.... Tried hypnosis and missed, my Vice Grip knocking down a third of its health. 2nd turn he hits my Pinsir with Hypnosis, but my Chesto Berry activates, and Pinsir scores a Critical hit Vice Grip for the win. Fluffy (CK... -.-) is proving to be far more difficult in this gen than i thought... Current stats are:

Pinsir lvl 15
Swablu (CK.... -.-) lvl 13
Sparky lvl 18
Oshawatt lvl 7

Fluffy (CK... -.-) is proving to be far more difficult in this gen than i thought...

IT SUCKS IN EVERY FUCKING GEN! >=/

... I feel stupid now. I forgot Cheren gave me those Chestos before the gym, since I saved after getting them and hit the hay that night. :lol: herpaderp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back