The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

Sorry, sorry... I forgot, as always. I'll give ya Torterra and Toxicroak. S'pose the RNG goddess has been playin' DPP as'a late.

She also tried to give ya Grotle right after assigning Torterra lol.

So I just for stuck in a tripple batttle, because I pressed Shift and only had 2 Pokemon and it wouldn't let me leave or switch in any Pokemon and had to softreset... Welcome back Skyla... I already got through Reverse Mountain and defeated my rival -.-

And what do you learn from that? Save your game frequently!!!

My condolences. I know how it feels to lose hours of Challenge progress... ... ...

Jordan, if ya could get a Turtwig 'n Croagunk egg to Glomperful 'fore tomorrow, I'd be forever grateful.

I could try getting it. By when exactly does it have to be there? I could get it to him after I'm back from school at about 4 central european time.
My diamond is still at a point where I can get both, but I'd have to get away from Canalve City with a lvl 3 Bellsprout and a Turtwig lvl 18

By when exactly does it have to be there?

Don't know. Wi-Fi shuts down May 20th, but no one knows when exactly. Could be midnight Japan's time, could be midnight elsewhere, could be the middle'a the day.

Got Ditto now an Turtwig is breeding with it, but Croagunk is hell to catch -.- I'll try tomorrow...
Never mind got both eggs now... If the GTS still works just pm from ~12 hours from now (probably gonna be later for you I guess)

Last edited:
Do we have to use GTS? Is the union room a better alternative or are they linked with the same network? Asking this because I forgot that in HG and SS you need to go to Goldenrod to get to the GTS lol

Last edited:
Ya want neither, it's the Wi-Fi Club downstairs ya need.

Wi-Fi could shut off any moment, so I'll have to do the breedin' just to be on the safe side. Assumin' my batteries don't betray me. I'll PM ya when the eggs are ready, Glomperful.

Update on HeartGold Scramble. Thank you to my friend JJ for getting me my Turtwig and Croagunk eggs. In honor of him (as required by him) I have named them Joe and Jay, respectively. I rushed through the first gym with an overpowered Quilava to get the Wifi Club to start my challenge. From there, I caught my Bellsprout (Murasaki) and grinded the team to a solid level 12 before advancing. I caught my Goldeen in Union Cave, and lovingly named him Art. After going through the cave, old Team Rocket was selling Slowpoke tails for money, so I taught them a lesson in animal cruelty with some more animal cruelty. After getting my whole team one shot by Bugsy's Scyther with U-Turn, I trained the whole team to level 21 before entering the gym again. After beating him, I went to Goldenrod and ate some steak.
Current team:
Joe (Grotle), level 22, Headbutt, Absorb, Razor Leaf, Bite
Jay (Croagunk), level 24, Faint Attack, Poison Sting, Revenge, Mud Slap
Murasaki (Weepinbell), level 21, Vine Whip, Flash, Wrap, Sleep Powder
Art (Goldeen), level 22, Peck, Horn Attack, Water Pulse, Flail
Btw, I don't remember Bugsy being harder than Whittney. Maybe it's just because I usually had a flying type or a Quilava, and that Miltank is depicted as a bull from hell on the internet. Maybe she got nerfed when they remade the games?

Last edited:
Bugsy just got way better in the remakes. Fury Cutter was Scyther's only STAB, but with U-turn, hit likes like an Uber that early in the game. Beatin' him without a resist is unlikely. RIP all those Bayleef...

old Team Rocket was selling Slowpoke tails for money, so I taught them a lesson in animal cruelty with some more animal cruelty.

lol never gets old

くそ。Sorry 'Karp, didn't see the last few posts 'til now. That includes the one where you asked me something -_-. Luckily, it seems it didn't matter too much :)

I think I already started one a while ago, but I dropped it, so I will do an unevolved challenge on Soul Silver

Back