The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

On the contrary, only a masterful trainer can create a team with grand IVs and fantastic moveset... the former via their dedication to Pokemon, the latter due to their skill.

A great trainer with a team of improper natures, bad IVs and poorly distributed EVs will almost always lose to a team made properly. The cases in which said bad team wins is almost always hax, or just a really bad team match-up... which is also technically hax.

A trainer is measured by their Pokemon. Half of a battle is the trainers order; the other, Pokemon themselves. Take away one side's potential, you lose far more than half the true potential of each factor combined. Your statement that a great trainer doesn't need great Pokemon holds absolutely no truth.

Although that may be the case sometimes

Only when playin' in-game, really... but not the more difficult Challenges, obviously. One missed OHKO means game over for a Single/Nuzlocke. One IV higher in Attack, a better nature, four measly EVs can mean the difference between victory and failure.

Well, how many NPC trainers are gonna have Great Iv's Ev's Or Even great skill, Im not talking about competitive battling here, im talking about a game that a seven year old can easily understand and win. without knowing jack, im talking about a game that gets easier and easier every gen, I really dont feel like arguing about this here, but, I will if you keep this up with me.

> Implyin' a child could beat my toughest Combined Challenges

No, I said the game was made for children, Which is why we take on combined challenges that, No offense, OTHER people came up with, Im pretty sure you didnt invent all of these rules yourself, Thats the point, I dont care how long it takes, but i will prove you wrong, Believe it!

Actually, the Nuzlocke/Combined rules are 100% mine alone. The No Items Challenge, 'sides from the concept from ol' Nick 'bout banning items, are all my rules as well. Lastly, the unreleased Harmonia Challenge is already TM'd and copyrighted under my name.

Thats the point

... ... ... What's your point? No really, your point was mighty obscure.

Oh, and make another Naruto reference and you're banned.

"It's too bad I don't think of you as anything. If you get in my way... I'll kill you." anyways. My point is we make the game hard, becuase it is easy, so why upgrade pokes when you upgrade the difficulty, Iv'e been meaning to ask you about harmonia challenges, and i never said that all of them were not your idea, just that they were not YOUR combined challenges, I dont want this to get out of hand either, Your a cool guy, and not one i'd like to be enemies with, Can we call a truce?

Last edited:
ur band

Because you can very literally upgrade the difficulty to a point that Challenges become nigh-unwinnable no matter how skilled you are, no matter how many preparations you take, unless you breed a blue ribbon 'mon. If my Rhyhorn didn't have great IVs (bar Sp.A and Speed), it would've died the handful of times it was left at 1-5 HP. Most of said times bein' unavoidable battles with Pokes that have moves with 4x effectiveness. I can't imagine how many times Rhyhorn barely achieved a KO 'cause it had an Adamant nature (+ Atk) 252 Attack EVs, and knowin' STAB Earthquake the moment it was born born. Breeding an awesometacular 'mon is no substitute for skill, but it's a way of evening the odds when relyin' on skill alone makes them very unfavorable. It's also somethin' to take pride in, creatin' top-of-the-line Pokes.

Combined Challenges was also my idea.

I don't make enemies just from arguin' with someone lol. No truce. Or Trace.

I respect your opinion, But, as I've said, I wouldn't have a way (I only have X) and I wouldn't Have the time, You Have the resources I don't, The ones neccesary to do this properly, You also had the ability to choose your own moves, And the ways to get them, I don't breed, Ev train, or Any of that jazz, about the best I could do is re-hatch until I got a beneficial nature/Trait, I know I'll need more than skill, but I just don't have the neccesary rescouces or the neccesary time to get what i need, I feel like we are getting off topic though, Even if you are a mod, lol.

... If you're attemptin' a Challenge that difficult, without even any EV training, ya got some retarded odds stacked against ya. 'Well, 'less you get an impossibly good species for beatin' X, with a really good Moveset. And the best movesets are rarely without Egg moves ('less you're usin' a Poke without Egg moves, obviously).

> Implyin' strategy discussion behind tackling the most difficult Challenges is off-topic

No, Just my part of the argument seemed off topic, Anywho, Time to face some retarted odds, lol, I don't care if I lose Multitudes of times, I will do this, this is the ultimately unprepared for whats coming challenge, this is my chance to prove myself, This. Is. Kalos!

The rules have been updated!​

The following rulesets have been modified: General Rules.

Rules changed: None.

Rules added: #3

Please read any and all rule adjustments/additions, regardless of whether or not they pertain to any current Challenge(s) you're playing or planning.

I never looked out for the ivs and evs for a challenge yet, but I at least looked at natures.
You can see that someone is a great trainer in the way he chooses, trains, and uses his Pokemon. Even the best trainer couldn't do much with 6 Sunkern

Go for it bro.

But don't forget, it's sometimes best t' just give Challenges a break for awhile. I did, and it was doin' my motivation wonders. 'Til I bought Monster Hunter lawl.

Back