The 'Official' Post-Game Thread!

I don't really have the right of word here, since i don't play conflict often.
But my experience of it is, that unless you run into the occasional good player,
Conflict these days is a less competetive mode than heroes. I played two archives matches today going 30-5.
The dude on second place raked in about 18 kills, and he did so by camping in closed of spots with his masterton...
Ofc. my experience with it is limited. So i can be completely wrong about this.
Tampa probably knows better than me.

It depends entirely on who you are playing with. Conflict does have it's "regulars" who will repeatedly camp and spam their way through maps trying to win. But I've also found this to be true in heroes as well - particularly when it comes to spawn locking.

I would say that more "experienced" players play heroes because it is a popular team game, and being "experienced" players, they have more friends on their FC lists to play with in the first place. To me, Golden Gun and Goldeneye mode contain the "weakest" of all fields in the game, as these modes often have the crap farmed out of them. I can't remember the last time I played either of those modes and there wasn't at least one player xp farming their way through it [and not doing the objective].

Me personally, I prefer conflict because I enjoy an all-out frag-fest. No teams. All enemies. Shoot anything that moves. I find it more challenging to fend off 7 other players at once, than having to only worry about 4 other players, and having 3 other people on my team to "back me up."

Couldn't have said it better myself. I would like team play more if there was a better way coordinate with your team. Conflict has an element of Zen to it where team play can seem very hectic and random at times. I prefer the former.

Me personally, I prefer conflict because I enjoy an all-out frag-fest. No teams. All enemies. Shoot anything that moves. I find it more challenging to fend off 7 other players at once, than having to only worry about 4 other players, and having 3 other people on my team to "back me up."

I spent some time in a Zen monastery last year. They tend to be quite shy and retiring (and also passive-aggressive). I'm not sure what they would make of Goldeneye.

I think conflict appeals to more introverted types.

I'm not that introverted but i definitely prefer solitary to team games.

BTW in my initial post i said the best map was still Archives N64. I should of course have said Facility N64.

I think conflict appeals to more introverted types.

If I might abruptly interject on this banter... I wouldn't think it's that concise. You'd be hard pressed t' find someone more introverted than myself, yet I've preferred team modes in essentially every multiplayer game I've played. Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty (shamed as I am to admit...), so on and so forth. Wouldn't doubt if certain major personality traits would lead players to prefer certain styles of play or game mode types, but intro/extroversion in it's own right isn't enough alone I don't think. Not that my hastily pondered opinion has any merit, I certainly ain't no psychologist lol.

yeah, I think I've changed my mind about this. I like to make sweeping and unreliable statements which neverthless provoke discussion.

is conflict less complicated than the other game modes? Possibly

does anybody know a level 56 called "CATASTROPHE" as I pwned him twice in a row last last night.

I know calling out isn't very nice,
BUT i got to thank the GK clan for making my day.
After going 7-0 against a quad team party of you on station.
You put a grand old smile on my face be letting me see the HQ sign.
I wonder what you would've done when facing even better competetion than me.

Back