The Official Super Paper Mario Thread

So far I love the game (finished chapter 1). Like others have said...there is ALOT of reading but most of it is clever and humorous so it isn't all that bad. The best part of the game is changing from 2D to 3D. I think the overall design is great, and I don't get the feeling like it "uninspired, basic, and lazily put together." I think the design fits the game perfectly. The controls may not utilize the Wii capabilities as much as other games but I do feel like they are well done. When you hardly notice the controls for a game that is a good thing.

mosx said:
Is it a lot like the old Paper Marios, or is it like completely different..

It uses a good portion of the same characters...some new....but a lot old. Game play is half the same and half not. The turn based battling is gone, but the new battle system isnt soo bad.

Everyone keeps saying...."Its too much to read" and all I can do is just laugh. When did reading become a bad thing to do? Remember people used to READ for FUN before TV and video games. Reading helps you get into the story and is part of the addiction. Without the reading, and the story, I dont think the game would get as good as reviews.

So far, I'm really enjoying this game. I just finished the first Chapter 1-4. What I really like about this game as opposed to the last Paper Mario is that the turn based fighting system is gone. I'd rather fight in real time as opposed to letting everyone have a chance to hit me.

As far as the controls go, I think they're pretty good so far. I don't mind Wii controls like those in Zelda, but I couldn't play Tiger Wood 2007 for more than thirty minutes due to having to stand up all the time. I wish they would have built a regular control mode into that game. That way you could use the Wii controls when you felt like it and conventional controls when you didn't.

white89gt said:
I wish they would have built a regular control mode into that game. That way you could use the Wii controls when you felt like it and conventional controls when you didn't.

They do, you can use the analog stick on the nunchuck to swing. You just gotta change the options in the menu from the default one.

viperjason said:
Everyone keeps saying...."Its too much to read" and all I can do is just laugh. When did reading become a bad thing to do? Remember people used to READ for FUN before TV and video games. Reading helps you get into the story and is part of the addiction. Without the reading, and the story, I dont think the game would get as good as reviews.

Reading is nice and it adds to the overall experience of the game, but honestly Super Paper Mario is a video game...the main focus should be on the gameplay. I'd much rather solve some fun puzzles than read something witty, if I'm playing a video game that is.

I agree the writing definatley helps the game, but sometimes it's just too much. I think if they somehow toned it down while still retaining a lot of it, it could've done a smidge better with the critics.

FWELR said:
They do, you can use the analog stick on the nunchuck to swing. You just gotta change the options in the menu from the default one.

Guess I should have read the manual. Next time I rent it, I'll know.

So who found some way to hold the right d-button down in world 2-3 "Break the bank?"

I set the edge of my laptop on it and went and took a shower.

Jorge said:
So who found some way to hold the right d-button down in world 2-3 "Break the bank?"

I set the edge of my laptop on it and went and took a shower.

You don't need to do that. Look below if you wanna know :p
you only need to earn 10,000 to get the code from the hidden prisoner in the top left room. Then go on the second level of the main room, go all the way to the left, then flip to 3d and get the next Pixl. Then go from there... you'll see why you needed the code from the prisoner.

KyleForMe said:
You don't need to do that. Look below if you wanna know :p
you only need to earn 10,000 to get the code from the hidden prisoner in the top left room. Then go on the second level of the main room, go all the way to the left, then flip to 3d and get the next Pixl. Then go from there... you'll see why you needed the code from the prisoner.
I know. I picked up the strategy guide. I only had 11,000 when I came back.

I'm on the part where the stone says stand upon the blue platform and gaze at the side of this sign post, I stand on the blue platform and face west, but does not do anything.

ILoveWii said:
I'm on the part where the stone says stand upon the blue platform and gaze at the side of this sign post, I stand on the blue platform and face west, but does not do anything.

Go back to the sign that told you to stand on the blue platform. Flip to 3D and then go read the other side of the sign (follow the red arrows) it tells you what to do once you're on the blue platform. I'd could tell you more but it's more fun to go do it yourself.

I'm surprised at all of the people asking for hints already.

You just got the game! Try and figure it out first!*

*note: figure it out usually involved flipping to 3-D and not being blind.

Jorge said:
I know. I picked up the strategy guide. I only had 11,000 when I came back.

Actually, I just went straight up to that room and entered the code, since they showed it in the book. Got a million very fast.

Chapter 3 spoiler-ish.

How many of you can relate to that Chapter 3-4 boss :p I'm like him...a little. That dating sim thing was hilarious though

Back