The official "What the hell is on your mind" Thread

Giants are playing the Cowboys tonight. And those bastards better frigg'n win! WOOHOO! :yikes:

Unless the cowboys use there guns

They aren't using much as it is 26 to 7 as of the 4th Quarter! GO GIANTS!

ABC said:
It's one of the only albums released this year that I can listen to from start to finish with a smile on my face. Get it now! And don't dowload your music, buy it.

I don't entirely agree with the whole "Only buy your music" thing. I do agree that the artists need support, but I don't think people buy the music to help those who aren't actually the creative engine behind the music, yet still wrought most of the proceeds.

I agree with the previous poster who said something about downloading it, then if you like enough you buy it, as I do :)

However, did anyone consider that the internet has made music more accessible and publicity easier and alot cheaper than in days gone by? In years gone by if bands did not have enough money they could not get a record deal, hence almost no publicity, and would have to rely on a limited form of word of mouth.

The internet makes amatuer music accessible and free for all, a couple of years ago I worked with a band, they didn't even have an album out yet they were ranked #3 on mp3.com for a while. I don't know if their music is still up as the band has broken up, but look out for 8 Items or Less if anyone's interested :p

Also, The internet allows for access to music you could not normally obtain due to regional matters, for instance alot of the music I download is music I could not actually buy here, since the CD shops do not stock their albums (for example, a Dutch band called The Gathering, Italian rockers Lacuna Coil, stuff like that is usually very limited and hard to come by, so downloading is the logical choice). My dad also downloads ethnic music, that you cannot buy over here.

So, downloading music is not nesacerrily bad, it renders music more accessible and available to those who do not have it readily available (howabout those who live in rural regions, far from any CD Shops? Don't they have a right to enjoy music too?) It's also testamant to the old phrase of "Try Before you Buy".

Downloading music is great for publicity, as it's quick, easy and free.

Ezekiel86 said:
I don't entirely agree with the whole "Only buy your music" thing. I do agree that the artists need support, but I don't think people buy the music to help those who aren't actually the creative engine behind the music, yet still wrought most of the proceeds.

I agree with the previous poster who said something about downloading it, then if you like enough you buy it, as I do :)

However, did anyone consider that the internet has made music more accessible and publicity easier and alot cheaper than in days gone by? In years gone by if bands did not have enough money they could not get a record deal, hence almost no publicity, and would have to rely on a limited form of word of mouth.

The internet makes amatuer music accessible and free for all, a couple of years ago I worked with a band, they didn't even have an album out yet they were ranked #3 on mp3.com for a while. I don't know if their music is still up as the band has broken up, but look out for 8 Items or Less if anyone's interested :p

Also, The internet allows for access to music you could not normally obtain due to regional matters, for instance alot of the music I download is music I could not actually buy here, since the CD shops do not stock their albums (for example, a Dutch band called The Gathering, Italian rockers Lacuna Coil, stuff like that is usually very limited and hard to come by, so downloading is the logical choice). My dad also downloads ethnic music, that you cannot buy over here.

So, downloading music is not nesacerrily bad, it renders music more accessible and available to those who do not have it readily available (howabout those who live in rural regions, far from any CD Shops? Don't they have a right to enjoy music too?) It's also testamant to the old phrase of "Try Before you Buy".

Downloading music is great for publicity, as it's quick, easy and free.

By reading your post you obviously DO NOT understand what it takes to make an album of professional quality. A professional recording studio is no less than $200 an HOUR. And the people behind the scenes have more creative input then you obviously know. It takes a recording engineer. The mics an engineer uses has more input on an album than you can image. Then the mixing engineer who takes the raw recorded tracks (kick, bass, vocals, etc etc) and molds them into a finished product with EQ and effects. You obviously have no idea of what it takes to make a record and until you do, your word means nothing. Educate your self, then speak.

You missed my point entirely.

By reading my post? Something tells me you didn't.

Do yourself a favour and read everything that I said before posting and making yourself look stupid.

I admit I do not know the entire procedure of recording an album, but that doesn't matter because we're not talking about producing an album, we're talking about downloading music.

Last edited:
Ezekiel86 said:
You missed my point entirely.

By reading my post? Something tells me you didn't.

Do yourself a favour and read everything that I said before posting and making yourself look stupid.

I admit I do not know the entire procedure of recording an album, but that doesn't matter because we're not talking about producing an album, we're talking about downloading music.

WHAT? Are you serious. Downloading music directly reflects the production process of music. Like I said, educate yourself first, then come back and state an educated argument. Until then, you are typing nonsense.

Ezekiel86 said:
I tell you what.

We'll let other people read this thread and they can decide who's right, ok?

I don't care what other people think, as most of those people posting are stealing their music. I know the industry that I have seen grow, then I have seen degrade. I have seen multi-million dollar studios shut down because of people downloading music. Most kids have no idea what a well engineered song sounds like. Mp3s are CRAP. So quite frankly, what other people say doesn't mean much to me. Until you know what you are talking about, there is no room for you to say anything.

Downloading music
im meh with if its a old track that I cant find on a album then I download it
But I only buy albums nothing beats that new album smell

ABC said:
By reading your post you obviously DO NOT understand what it takes to make an album of professional quality. A professional recording studio is no less than $200 an HOUR. And the people behind the scenes have more creative input then you obviously know. It takes a recording engineer. The mics an engineer uses has more input on an album than you can image. Then the mixing engineer who takes the raw recorded tracks (kick, bass, vocals, etc etc) and molds them into a finished product with EQ and effects. You obviously have no idea of what it takes to make a record and until you do, your word means nothing. Educate your self, then speak.

That doesn't justify completely ripping us off. I've seen single albums at up to £16 (about $30) in the shops, which is just stupidly overpriced, whether the music industry thinks so or not.

Prinny's right, nothing beats a proper album (at a reasonable price, of course...), but sometimes there are those songs/albums/b-sides/whatever which are impossible to find anywhere, and it's easier just to download it. Or what if you want a sample of the band's music before potentially wasting £10 or more on one of their albums? I might download something, like it, and decide to buy the album, for instance. Downloading could be a great boost to artists, if the music industry would let it.

Napalmbrain said:
That doesn't justify completely ripping us off. I've seen single albums at up to £16 (about $30) in the shops, which is just stupidly overpriced, whether the music industry thinks so or not.

Prinny's right, nothing beats a proper album (at a reasonable price, of course...), but sometimes there are those songs/albums/b-sides/whatever which are impossible to find anywhere, and it's easier just to download it. Or what if you want a sample of the band's music before potentially wasting £10 or more on one of their albums? I might download something, like it, and decide to buy the album, for instance. Downloading could be a great boost to artists, if the music industry would let it.

It is, iTunes has sold MILLIONS of songs online for ONE DOLLAR a song which is COMPLETELY reasonable. And I don't know where you shop but here in the US albums are no more than $11 now. If you don't have $11 to buy the material that took THOUSANDS to make, then don't listen to it. I do agree though that if it is a very hard to find song, or underground and not on a label, then by all means, your only option is a download. But I am talking signed artists that have producers and that use multi-million dollar facilities... these people need to get payed.

Edit - and if you want to get even cheaper albums go on Amazon. There are people selling new Promo copies of albums anywhere form $3-$10. I just bought the new Jedi Mind Tricks album for $7! I mean come on, there are ways to get cheap music and if you only want a single track, use iTunes or Walmart music download. $.99 a song.

Last edited:
ABC said:
And I don't know where you shop but here in the US albums are no more than $11 now. If you don't have $11 to buy the material that took THOUSANDS to make, then don't listen to it.

Easy for you to say- here in Britain everything costs more. :mad2:

Napalmbrain said:
Easy for you to say- here in Britain everything costs more. :mad2:

You can still find good deals and does that justify you stealing music? Next time you want a TV, go into the store and steal it. Tell them it's because everything costs more and see what they have to say.

Back