The "Old gen Nintendo" appreciation thread

JonLT1Z said:
One day I will push aside the Xbox 1080, PS5 and god knows what crazy named Nintendo console is out at the time, and break out the 'ol N64, Xbox, 360 and Wii and share these memories and games with my kids.
very touching indeed. :)

i will also do the same. ill tell my kids all these crazy moments that are going on in the console war and stuff like that. storys like, "i camped out 13 hours jus to get this little thing right here"

the Wii is a must keep console. no matter what NINTENDO will bust out in the future, my Wii will never know the inside of a trash can.

so yea, my N64 is my most precious console i ever bought. it had the best games ive ever played...........

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Mischief Makers
Starfox 64
Super Smash Bros.

i will be burried with my N64 with me :) :lol:

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
so yea, my N64 is my most precious console i ever bought. it had the best games ive ever played...........

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Mischief Makers
Starfox 64
Super Smash Bros.

uhh...forgetting Kirby 64:TCS??

it will be interesting to see the next generation of consoles, or our kids's generation's consoles...how much they've improved over the years

TortillaChip520 said:
uhh...forgetting Kirby 64:TCS??

it will be interesting to see the next generation of consoles, or our kids's generation's consoles...how much they've improved over the years
oh, sorry ive never played Kirby 64 :)

but hey, ive never thought about that. right now, we all think that we are luckiest generation with all this new technology with the iPhones, Wiis, PS3 and so on, but imagine how advance the world is gonna be in about 10-15 years from now. its cool to think about that. :)

even if they improved in the next 10 years, ill still break out the my Wii for old times sake :)

it'll be funny to look back in ten years at the things we thought were amazing. i mean, just ten years ago we were amazed at 3D graphics..now their in high definition.there's no telling to what's to come next!

TortillaChip520 said:
it'll be funny to look back in ten years at the things we thought were amazing. i mean, just ten years ago we were amazed at 3D graphics..now their in high definition.there's no telling to what's to come next!
i know like we would look back and be like "ha that cheap old thing had blue-ray? ha, now we have the most advanced graphics the worlds ever seen" or "the Wiimote had a built in speaker? ha this control actually lets you interact and touch everything in a game"

what is amazing and new to us now will be dull and old in the future.

ill be laughing if in the future, gaming will be all about helmets and taping into your brain and stuff like that. its a long shot, but i think something like that will come up 10-20 years from now

Well...If you think about it...
You hold an NES controller like you hold an Xbox 360 controller. We still have franchises from the NES and Atari going strong. Every console today still has the basic button layout of the SNES.
The Wii is changing everything, but not immensely.

I mean, do you think back and say, "That cheap old thing had 8-bit graphics?" Maybe, but usually you're saying things like "Oh man...that thing had awesome games."

Best moment? having a snow day from school in like 2nd grade(im going to be a sophmore next year) and beating starfox 64 all the way through in one day (as like...a 2nd grader or something)

it's still on my top ten awesome moments...

Also...like last year I made a half hour long toon on mario paint and it was wicked funny.... i felt accomplished

i miss the snes because it had my fav game of all time Mario rpg legend of the 7 stars
Or it is called in japan
mario Story

that was the best game ever
then super mario all stars because it had 5 game in one

but the mario rpg one. the storry never got countiued with smithy. because the partner the helped nintedo brok up with them

i miss n64 too. i had the southpark video games for that system :yikes:

my all time favorite system though? the SNES. hands down i could play mario paint for hours on end.

i lost one of my favorite old school games..... it was called wario woods on the nes, even though its on the wii, it doesnt feel right

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
i know like we would look back and be like "ha that cheap old thing had blue-ray? ha, now we have the most advanced graphics the worlds ever seen" or "the Wiimote had a built in speaker? ha this control actually lets you interact and touch everything in a game"

what is amazing and new to us now will be dull and old in the future.

ill be laughing if in the future, gaming will be all about helmets and taping into your brain and stuff like that. its a long shot, but i think something like that will come up 10-20 years from now

What is a "wii"??

:dodgy:

The_Loose_Cannon said:

my all time favorite system though? the SNES. hands down i could play mario paint for hours on end.

The South Park games on N64 were badass! Also that reminds me of the marathon 1v1 slayer sessions my brother and I had with Goldeneye007 back in the day. Ahh, the beginning for the FPS nut I have become:cornut: :ihih:

I remember one night in the early 90s, on a school night in like 1st grade, my brother and I refused to sleep so we decided to stay up past 1 am and play Super Mario on NES. Our mom walked in because she heard us yelling at 1am and let us stay up the rest of the night and finish playing because she didn't feel like fighting to get us asleep. :cornut: :ihih:

Last edited:
The_Loose_Cannon said:

yea dude, i remember that southpark game. well, not the title, but like bits and pieces of it. (it was kind of a long time)

i remember being able to throw terance and philip dolls and they would be like bombs or gas bombs. idk, but it was still sweet. too bad i only rented it. :)

Back