The One Character That Would've Made Brawl Perfect

mushroomedmario said:
who else has a sword that big? I don't see how he's generic at all

I've seen bigger. He's just another JRPG character to me.

I guess it's just my general dislike for Final Fantasy and it's fanbase talking.

While it's true that now some RPG characters have big swords, Cloud was one of the very first RPG characters to have it. That, AND he defeats one of the most powerful villains in videogame history (Sephiroth) so he must be awesome.

Bart Simpson, just his witty, smart-ass comments would have made the gameplay even more fun like in Brawl when Nintendo added the Nintendogs to cover the ENTIRE screen to screw up you and your opponents! hahah LOL!!!

Am I the only one who LIKES ROB in Brawl? I mean c'mon guys...know your roots! Yes he was a useless peripheral, but the fact that he is in is awesome!

IMHO they should've taken out Captain falcon or Ganondorf (only need one of them.)
And same goes for the the star fox team...they just need to go..all of them. The fact that the series has fallen so far since their prime64 days saddens me greatly, but no amount of guest appearances in Brawl will save their sinking franchise.

They need to cut the crap already. Add new IP's and retire the old ones within reason. By that I mean characters whom are copied/cloned/altered/etc. to make new characters. Those need to go. Either make them unique (by unique I mean in contrast between Pikachu and Mario..that unique) or scrap the idea and move on.

and as far as Cloud's concerned?...:lol:

wow sephiroth was NOT powerful. compare him to Kafka or any of the other ff villains before the series sold out and went 3d...he's a cross-dressing emo with an over-sized katana, whom was made so fan-girls worldwide could make yaoi fanfiction between him and cloud....and what kind of name for a hero is "Cloud?"

ff7 was way too easy and the plot was on par with your average video game turned movie (see: resident evil,super mario bros,street fighter,mortal kombat,etc.)

You want to play a true final fantasy game? play 1-6. Those were what made final fantasy as big as it is now. But sadly today all you need is high end graphics to sell titles I guess.

VidyaVince said:
Cloud? CLOUD? No. You've got to be kidding me. People like that guy?

are you joking me? Final fantasy 7 is arguably one of THE absolute greatest games of all time. cloud is THE man.

cloud is generic? you gotta be kidding me, mario is generic, sonic is generic, half the characters in brawl are "generic", you little fanboys need to do reasearch before you comment, you are so ignorant it is insane.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
Am I the only one who LIKES ROB in Brawl? I mean c'mon guys...know your roots! Yes he was a useless peripheral, but the fact that he is in is awesome!

IMHO they should've taken out Captain falcon or Ganondorf (only need one of them.)
And same goes for the the star fox team...they just need to go..all of them. The fact that the series has fallen so far since their prime64 days saddens me greatly, but no amount of guest appearances in Brawl will save their sinking franchise.

They need to cut the crap already. Add new IP's and retire the old ones within reason. By that I mean characters whom are copied/cloned/altered/etc. to make new characters. Those need to go. Either make them unique (by unique I mean in contrast between Pikachu and Mario..that unique) or scrap the idea and move on.

and as far as Cloud's concerned?...:lol:

wow sephiroth was NOT powerful. compare him to Kafka or any of the other ff villains before the series sold out and went 3d...he's a cross-dressing emo with an over-sized katana, whom was made so fan-girls worldwide could make yaoi fanfiction between him and cloud....and what kind of name for a hero is "Cloud?"

ff7 was way too easy and the plot was on par with your average video game turned movie (see: resident evil,super mario bros,street fighter,mortal kombat,etc.)

You want to play a true final fantasy game? play 1-6. Those were what made final fantasy as big as it is now. But sadly today all you need is high end graphics to sell titles I guess.

sorry to say you are the only person in the world who thinks that, go kill yourself.

i think the metroid series definitely should have had some more support in this game, i also would have loved to see tom nook...cant u just imagine a raccoon wearing an apron hitting link over head with a shovel, that would have been priceless. other than that, theres no one (reasonable) that i can suggest

Tracks said:
sorry to say you are the only person in the world who thinks that, go kill yourself.

Oh, aren't you some sort of badass?

I feel that way towards FF7 too, and I can sure as hell find a lot more people who feel like that. You really need to do yourself a favor and play some more games.

And what the hell makes you think I'm some Nintendrone? I only got my Wii on Sunday, and that was when my Xbox 360(which I had for a year+) broke.

woa hold up rob isnt a type of character 2 b in brawl so hes gay and instead of taking starfox and them out they should add more of the squad same for ganandorf and captain falcon

one thing that is in brawl that would make it great? i would have to say.... Chocobo....

star fox's only games of great merit were the SNES,DS and N64 renditions. The GC titles SUCKED! (IMHO)

the series is dead to me at this point, And considering that you only ever play as fox in the core series why make the supporting characters better than him? It's sad when the wing men outshine the main character in one of the greatest franchises in Nintendo history (I;m referring to Smash Bros. Not Star Fox)

They need to cut back in the Zelda references though. Or at least keep with the times. We have 3 different zelda titles being represented here: OoT (Zelda's move set still revolves around cross dressing/transforming to sheik),
WW (Toon Link)
, TP (Link,Ganondorf). I'm surprised Aghanim isn't in as playable character or assist trophy.

All these final fantasy references make me laugh considering no one has asked for the Fighter, Black Mage, Thief, White Mage or Red Mage from the original..they all want Cloud or Sephiroth. sad sad..:frown2:

Back