The Popular/Highly Rated Games You Hate...

En4Neo

Jet-Set-Jesse
Feb 10, 2007
Name games that are highly rated or popular that you think are total crap.

For me it goes:

Donkey Kong 64 - Worst collectathon ever, banjo kazooie was pushing it, but I tolerated because it had a lot of stuff going for it and was awesome since there weren't many other good fully 3d platformers. This game was just intolerable.

Guitar Hero - Wow...just wow..I don't see the fascination with this game. Pushing buttons and imaginary strumming just doesn't seem fun to me, I'd rather get skilled at the real thing. With other music games such as DDR and Samba you actually have fun getting into the groove, but this one didn't feel groovy to me.

New Super Mario Bros. - Such hype for this game, and it was a slap in the face of hardcore gamers everywhere. It lacked a distinct feel each Mario had, and just felt completley like a rehashed Mario game. It's obvious that this game was meant for the casual because the difficulty or lack there of almost makes it too hard for the hardcore gamer to enjoy.

Metroid Prime - Geez this game is boring. The pacing is horrible, too much backtracking and a whole lotta nothing going on. The game's atmosphere and graphics are the only good things about it.

Tekken - All of these games feel so unnatural and robotic, as if you're playing as a robot. A fighting game should flow naturally.

Last edited:
Halo. I'm sick of all you retards worshiping it like its some kind of religion.

Kiwi said:

I hate the haters and the hardcore fans.

Sure it's not the best game ever, but it's not the worst game ever either.

But then again that's just my opinion.

hmmm..... popular: strikers, i dislike people the abuse the characters defence

"hate" or dislike: i'll say halo also

En4Neo said:
I hate the haters and the hardcore fans.

Sure it's not the best game ever, but it's not the worst game ever either.

But then again that's just my opinion.
Ive played it, not my kind of game.

But then again, i guess its because i don't like any FPS at all.

New Super Mario Bros for sure. Everyone was like 'yeeeah it'll be like the oldschool games :O' but I feel the graphics ruined it. Bring out a new 32bit console, make a Mario game for it, and I'm there.

Kiwi said:
Definately agree with you.

If Goldeneye or the original Perfect Dark was created again (somehow) for the VC and had online play, it would completely own Halo. Heck, if they remade it for the Wii itself, it would also own Halo.

I guess I just don't think Halo deserves it's hype...

wiired said:
New Super Mario Bros for sure. Everyone was like 'yeeeah it'll be like the oldschool games ' but I feel the graphics ruined it. Bring out a new 32bit console, make a Mario game for it, and I'm there.
Ye, it definately seemed way too short. Also quite easy.

Still I thought it was pretty good, while it lasted. Liked the fact that you had mini-mario only tubes. That was the biggest challenge of the game (getting a mini-mushroom and having it until you get to a mini-pipe or complete a boss. - although that wasn't all that much of a challenege either)...

Last edited:
Too many halo haters in one thread, geez, pick another game to hate.

It's been done. >>

It's a good game IMO, I totally had more fun with it than PDZ and Goldeneye.

En4Neo said:
Too many halo haters in one thread, geez, pick another game to hate.

It's been done. >>

It's a good game IMO.
Ok, my next game would have to be Gears Of War. Same reason. :lol:

Squall7 said:
Ye, it definately seemed way too short. Also quite easy.

Still I thought it was pretty good, while it lasted. Liked the fact that you had mini-mario only tubes. That was the biggest challenge of the game (getting a mini-mushroom and having it until you get to a mini-pipe or complete a boss. - although that wasn't all that much of a challenege either)...
Yeah I suppose you make a point, but figure that out the games eeee-zaaay :) and they tried to acheive the kind of old school platformer with it but failed IMO, based on the graphics-like. If they're gonna try and acheive old school, everything has to be the same, from graphics to the crappy repetitive sounds :p

The first Halo was actually pretty groundbreaking in the FPS genre in my opinion. Now Guitar Hero, I don't like that game at all.

I really dislike all these turn based games where your opponent doesn't even move when battling. I'm going to admit that I liked Pokemon when I was about 11, but that was becuase the game was so addicting.

Back