The Popular/Highly Rated Games You Hate...

En4Neo said:
Name games that are highly rated or popular that you think are total crap.

For me it goes:

Donkey Kong 64 - Worst collectathon ever, banjo kazooie was pushing it, but I tolerated because it had a lot of stuff going for it and was awesome since there weren't many other good fully 3d platformers. This game was just intolerable.
Yeah the coconut guns were just a little over the top...
In my opinion, i thought all the sims games were boring. I liked building the houses, but thats about it. it totally slows down your computer because of the size, plus all you do is interact with the computer, lame.

SIMS I hate it so much it is one of the boringest games I ever played. My sister plays it all the time so I tried it. I made people that was sort of fun, but after I couldnt stand it anymore.

I liked the coconut game o_O Actually, I thought DK64 was an amazing game in general =P

Yeah, I'm SO over the Sims *shudders* Although I used to play games to see who would survive the longest (pool with no ladder, room with no doors, etc) I was a demented child xD

Yay, something I think we all agree on.

Sims suck.

Although, saying that, I do like the look of MySims. Looks like it could be fun.

Thing about the Sims is that on PC, it can really just mess up your computer (obviously not permanently).

Oh, and I can't believe how many people hate Final Fantasy. Makes me a sad panda...

Wii-Fi said:
Yeah the coconut guns were just a little over the top...
In my opinion, i thought all the sims games were boring. I liked building the houses, but thats about it. it totally slows down your computer because of the size, plus all you do is interact with the computer, lame.

...eh well at least we agree on one thing.

I love The Sims however!

MySims would totally be worth it for me if they had online play...totally worth giving up my masculinity...I kid you not!

Man, this is hard. Every game that's been listed so far I've liked in some way. I guess I always hated the crash bandicoot games.

Squall7 said:
Yay, something I think we all agree on.

Sims suck.

Although, saying that, I do like the look of MySims. Looks like it could be fun.

Thing about the Sims is that on PC, it can really just mess up your computer (obviously not permanently).

Oh, and I can't believe how many people hate Final Fantasy. Makes me a sad panda...

I know final fantasy is my favorite game series. Im suprised a lot of people hate halo. Its a great game with great online.

En4Neo said:
...eh well at least we agree on one thing.

I love The Sims however!

MySims would totally be worth it for me if they had online play...totally worth giving up my masculinity...I kid you not!
Damn, I thought MySims did have online...

ok i might aswell list the worst games ever made first off, then go from there.

all pokemon games, Crazy Taxi ( your not human if you own this), final fantasy games.............

i think thats most of them :lol:

OMG, I know this has been brung up but I hate Metroid. When i first got it i was like omg this is gonna be awesome, because it got like 9.5

I put the game in and was bored within the third level....Its just slow and tiring...

Also i hate guitar hero two, Why would u wanna waste ur life playing a plastic guitar...Play a real one i am sure playing the acoustic/bass guitar will impress the ladies more than "omg i just got 94% on play with me on expert!!"

Yea agreed, Sonic heros sucked...I really liked Battle 2 ...Played that game forever i just couldn't get into Heroes

Last edited:
En4Neo said:
Name games that are highly rated or popular that you think are total crap.

For me it goes:

Donkey Kong 64 - Worst collectathon ever, banjo kazooie was pushing it, but I tolerated because it had a lot of stuff going for it and was awesome since there weren't many other good fully 3d platformers. This game was just intolerable.

Guitar Hero - Wow...just wow..I don't see the fascination with this game. Pushing buttons and imaginary strumming just doesn't seem fun to me, I'd rather get skilled at the real thing. With other music games such as DDR and Samba you actually have fun getting into the groove, but this one didn't feel groovy to me.

New Super Mario Bros. - Such hype for this game, and it was a slap in the face of hardcore gamers everywhere. It lacked a distinct feel each Mario had, and just felt completley like a rehashed Mario game. It's obvious that this game was meant for the casual because the difficulty or lack there of almost makes it too hard for the hardcore gamer to enjoy.

Metroid Prime - Geez this game is boring. The pacing is horrible, too much backtracking and a whole lotta nothing going on. The game's atmosphere and graphics are the only good things about it.

Tekken - All of these games feel so unnatural and robotic, as if you're playing as a robot. A fighting game should flow naturally.

Never played Tekken or New Super Mario Bros., but from gameplay footage I know exactly what you're talking about. I also don't like the Banjo games or DK64, and really want to love Metroid Prime, but it is pretty boring. I wish it wasn't so based on exploration. But apparently, that's what Metroid's all about. I think Guitar Hero's OK.

And Halo. Wtf.

OH YEAH! And the Final Fantasy games. Lot's of RPGs, actually. And Pokemon. And Sims. And WoW. And GTA. And Gears of War. And Call Of Duty is getting boring, I hope Modern Warfare is fun.

Last edited:
Back