the ps3 40 gig is garbage

brigipson

worldsbestgamer
Nov 25, 2007
michigan
This is my opinion but i was at game stop today talking to my buddy, (note: my buddy works at gamestop) about super smash bros brawl when the subject of the ps3 40 gig came up. Well he said to me the 40 gig does not play ps or ps2 games, I was like it doesn't, wtf. So whatever little interest i had, and i mean very little in ps3 is now crushed to dust by this lol so besides blue ray what does ps3 offer? Well i dont care i love my wii anyway and it kinda sucks for the 40 gig ps3 owner.

The person buying it should know that.
If you want backwards compatibily, either look for the 60gb, or the 20/80gb PS3's have limited BC. It really isn't that limited, as most games I looked to see if they'd play, they worked with the player.

And, besides Blu-Ray, what does it have to offer?
It looks like it has a string of great games coming out this year, actually.

even though i don't have a ps3 or 360, only a wii. i thought ps3 was also compatable with ps1 and ps2 games. the ps3 system and plus the games are to spendy i think.

The ps3 is actually pretty great :D, most people have a ps2 that they could plug in for ps2 games. I would get one, but the biggest game it seems coming out in the near future is metal gear solid and I don't really care for any of them.

minto said:
You buy a ps3 to play ps3 games not ps2 games

Alot of PS2 owners buy a PS3 not just for PS3 games, but for their PS2 games also. And so they can also trade in their PS2 for whatever else, unless of course that person happens to be some console collector. Besides, if your PS2 breaks down, and there's no more sitting on the shelves due to the halt of production... you won't be able to play your PS2 games anymore, because the PS3 doesn't support it. Then what? :(

The 60 gb is your best choice, unless you dont care that you cannot play greatest hits edition games, but if you do not care about that, then go for the 80 gb.

if i do get the ps3 i'd probaly get the 40gb version cuz its the cheapest! nd i still have my ps2 nd i've had it for maybe 4-5 yrs nd it still works like i did when i first got it. i use it for dvd's all the time nd occasionaly when i wanna play a ps2 game

Definately go with the 60 or 80 gig version of the PS3. Being able to play your PS2 games should not be something to worry about, you have played them probably over and over again, right.... The reason that you get a next generation console is for the games and items that you cannot get for the older hardware. Take comfort in the fact that you have had a chance to play your favorite games on the other consoles and now is the time to try some new games that look amazing on HD TV's. The processing of the games are faster, graphics are way better, free online play, downloadable content and room to store it are just a click away with the PS3.

Just my 2 cents worth..........

They are no longer making the 60gig version either :p When they started the 40gig they stopped the 60gig.

There's 40gig for $400 and 80gig for $500

I guess there is always Ebay....:cool:

Its just like anything else, backwards compatibility, you would not buy a new HD TV to watch VHS on, would you? There are still alot of the 60 gig versions to find out there for sale if you want that option of going back to the older games for the Playstation.

80% of game companies predicted that the ps3 will become console of choice in 2008. This will probly happen due to the 360 now cost like 3 times more then the ps3 if u get everything u need for the 360 like: wifi online hd dvd(blu ray for ps3) and more. when thats all free for the ps3 in other words u buy a ps3 u dont need 500 diffrent add ons that cost 150$ each.

majormorge said:
I guess there is always Ebay....:cool:

Its just like anything else, backwards compatibility, you would not buy a new HD TV to watch VHS on, would you? There are still alot of the 60 gig versions to find out there for sale if you want that option of going back to the older games for the Playstation.

But what makes it different is that VHS players are still sold at a very cheap price. You can get it for $20 if you really want one. Also the fact that alot of the old VHS movies have been remade in DVD format, so VHS isn't really required. They are still making old movies in DVD format as we speak. Hell I bought the movie "The Thing" for my dad a few months back.

Kronau, you shouldn't even be allowed to speak, 90% of the time what you say is complete bs. This time around you are somewhat right. But looking at it that way is not a way to do it. Xbox does essentially the same thing as PS3 except instead of forcing everything on you they let you choose if you want it or not. For example, HD Drive can be bought seperately, same as WiFi.

So obviously if you put it together its cheaper because Sony was forced to lower the price even more because of its bad sales. But the fact is Sony forces you to get Blu-ray and WiFi, it even forces you to have a Hard Drive. While Xbox has the choice... You can get an Xbox for $20 more than a Wii with a memory card as big as Wii's internal HDD. Btw, all of Xbox 360 have backward compatability...

Back