The psychology of leveling up.

HOOT

WiiChat Member
Mar 24, 2011
Ok, so I've just hit lvl 36 (Yay for me) and I have been disappointed; despite my longing to get here.

It's my lack of experience i guess (see my essay in Those Stupis NOOBS) but when changing my loadouts to accomodate remotes and lightfoot i've had some of my most awful rounds recently.
I dont want to be stuck in my old ways and realise that to progress to the next tier of awesomeness i'll need to get used to them.
I just cant bring myself to tho.

I love 'distraction'! I need speedloader for shottys! There now seems to be too much choice for my custom loadouts.
My brain hurts and I crave the simplicity of level 25.

Has anyone else felt like i do? is there light at the end of the tunnel?
WHAT DO I DO??? *breaks down crying and rocking in the fetal position*

hoot since we play with the same clan il help ya out a bit. getting to that stage it takes a little adjusting period. once you get the hang of throwing the remote mines, it will be your number one hero killer. just takes time to get the timing down.
i have recently had that problem with the anova. i was tearing people up before i got it. i was getting easy 30 kills and under 10 deaths. now im getting 20 kills over 10 deaths. im just coming out of it now. getting used to it is a big issue.
i think the distraction setup is almost worthless until you get the thermal on 38. then you can smoke it up and still see.

you will have bad games for a few days and then it will click and you will be far far better than you were. for instance when John (host quit) and i joined up, i was destroying him and he was doing good. now look. hes gettin 35 + kills, even had 51 in the archives. thats nuts. but he will have more bad games when he unlocks new things.
just hang with it and you will be better for it

cheers riordan, just want someone to give me a hug and tell me it will be alright

I ROCK.... End of story got to Level 39 today.... You want advice HOOT? Get better. Kidding bro.

My Vargen loadout consists of Kunara, Remote Mines, Heavy Hitter, Bio Booster, Laser Pointer.
My Terralite loadout consists of Kunara, Remote Mines, Heavy Hitter, Bio Booster, Thermal Scope.
My Talon loadout consists of Kunara, Remote Mines, Light Foot, Bio Booster, Silencer.
My Drumhead loadout consists of Kunara, Remote Mines, Speed Loader, Bio Booster, No Attachment.

And the fifth loadout is just my goofing off loadout.

So you can see I like my Mines. I fell in love with them as soon as I unlocked them. The versitillity of them is great. Toss Stick Boom. OR, Toss While still in mid air Boom. Proximity Mines are only stick and hope someone runs in to them. You can sneak up on someone camping and toss a Remote Mine and BOOOOOM. It's great fun actually.

Dont be afraid to mix up your loadouts man.

+1 on the Thermal and see through Smoke grenades... Distraction would be something good to put in my Terralite loadout since I use the Thermal but I couldn't get rid of my Mines, I would loose so many kills if I would. So Mines stay.

You are a good player you caught me off guard a few times and see that HOOT killed me. You're pretty good. Keep your head up you'll figure things out.

you will have bad games for a few days and then it will click and you will be far far better than you were. for instance when John (host quit) and i joined up, i was destroying him and he was doing good. now look. hes gettin 35 + kills, even had 51 in the archives. thats nuts. but he will have more bad games when he unlocks new things.
just hang with it and you will be better for it

I missed this part..... I got better cause I took my time and forced myself to learn how to hip fire better and now that I did I can run around with my Vargen and slay heads like a knife through butter.

And my Mines helped out a lot too.

Last edited:
Back