The "Rate the last concert you went to" Thread

Floydd

雨... 雨..
Feb 6, 2008
Canada
How was the last concert you went to? Did the singer sound nothing like the recorded version of the song? Did the guitarist mess up on a solo? Was the mosh pit so insane you couldn't move with out getting punched in the face? Leave your comments and complaints about the last gig you went to.

i havent been to a concert in quite a while so the last concert i went to was Styx and it was fantastic

they sounded better live than recorded and the special effects were sweet, can you say spinning drumset platform? confetti? fire? strobe lights and lasers? old drunk bikers? it was sweet

i wouldnt mind sailing away with them all over again!:yesnod:

9/10

not PERFECT becuase they only played for like 1 1/2 hours and instead of playing some of their bigger ones (Mr. Roboto, Lady, Show Me The Way) they just made one giant like 10-15 minute long comilation/freestyle session that was sweet...but i wouldve preferred all the songs

The Last (and first) concert I went to was to see Tool at the Gwinnett Arena.
They sounded AWESOME!!!!!
the only complaint I had would be that the guitar was a little too "growly"
other than that, it was SICK!!
9/10
it would be a 10/10 had their opening band not been "Melt Banana", a screeching japanese band that sounds like a whiny table saw orchestra

Last edited:
Aussie band, The Living End.
Was freaking sweet, always like to see these guys do their thing on a large stage to a massive crowd.
They played their typical set, and got upto some interesting stage antics, Chris Cheney threw his White Falcon in the air about 2 storeys, before just catching it again, crazy idiot.
The sound was awesome, they ALWAYS play better live and give it 120%, and so were the crowd and I couldnt complain, I was deep in the moshpit.

I'd give it a 9/10. Perfect 10 had the support acts been decent.

Last edited:
I think my last concert was November 2006. I saw Fear Factory, Suffocation, Hypocrisy, and Decapitation. The latter was eh, but the first three were amazing!

Last concert I went to was Alexisonfire. Alexisonfire it's self was good although George didn't sound the exact same as the recordings. Other than that everything was great, the light show won me over. Their opening acts were good, Attack In Black, Saosin, and Anti-Flag. Anti-Flag had a crazy performance the most pit was insane, and they had a good message about war, and equality. Their bassist climbed the tower of amps and jumped off, it was pretty crazy.

Over all. 8/10

Last show I went to was Ekoostik Hookah. It was an amazing show, sounds just as good as there recorded stuff but better due to improv. Randomly started singing "I've been working on the railroad" in the middle of one of there songs which was pretty funny. And the best part of it is it was completely free thanks to the owner of a local headshop.
It's actually on archive.org and you can download it (or stream it) for free(along with all their other concerts): http://www.archive.org/details/eh2008-03-01.eh2008-03-01.aud.flac16

I give it a 9/10 because the time I saw them before that was even better. These guys are a must see for those who like jam bands.

Last edited:
the last and first concert i went to was lupe fiasco it was great because he was all hype and excited so it was the best 10/10

Barenaked Ladies, Insight.com New Year's Block Party, 12/31/2007. Caught this while in Arizona for the Fiesta Bowl. They're a funny bunch of guys. I was laughing the whole time. They are a great live band; sound just like their recordings.

I've been fortunate to see several of my favorite artists in concert, but nothing topped my front row U2 experience. Epic.

Ashwii00 said:
but nothing topped my front row U2 experience. Epic.

*dies*

Are you serious? Wow! That'd be amazing... Hehe, though tickets were probably pretty pricey right?

Lol a seat at a Billy Talent cconcert ain't bad... with earplugs and a friend to do all the dirty work for ya. Lol he came back to his seat with a freakin' black eye. At least he got the shirts and pics though. Watching some kid get chased by security is fun. So is seeing the popular kids get pissed that they didn't get to go but we did lol.

Some guy in the moshpit threw a shoe at a band members head and the guy didn't even move when hit. No flinch, no missed chord, like a freakin' robot or something. Smelled like pot half the time though.

Last edited:
Back