The Rep (YOu Must Read)

alright here is my 2 cents on the rep system

id like to point out a few things if i may as to why it does benefit the site and why it is incredibly worthless at the same time. however, the good outweighs the bad considering i0n has eliminated the bad rep option

the rep system is a great system WHEN USED CORRECTLY!!!!! apparently no one knows a single thing about common curtacy. someone answers your question/helps you and offers you the CORRECT advice, its only polite to rep them. simple as that. if someone gives you BAD advice or doesnt help you at all, then thats when its necessary to bad rep - but theres no need to worry about that because the bad rep system is GONE

also, no one knows how to SIGN their reps. signing leads to reps back at you and also helps out with knowing why you got the rep. send a PM and ask for a logical reason as to why you were reped. if its offensive, PM a mod! dont start an arguement. a mod can get rid of the rep you know. no one seems to know that.

the rep system can help build up just that, reputation with the site. it shows who knows their stuff and who doesnt. if youre talking out of your ass, obviously youre not going to be "rep worthy" however if you have more bars, youre more likely to be more helpful.

and now here are the CONS-

it truely is causing more harm than good! it really is!!! so many people arent using it to THEIR BENEFIT! dont keep reping the same people. dont just rep me, dont just rep brawny, dont just rep prinny whoeever the case may be! reping the same people wont solve anything. spread it around, dont pay attention to post count, pay attention to the bars. that means that other members find you to be helpful......and thats more of an attention grabber than post counts.....

also, people DO ***** and moan about it. in truth the only reason i do is because no one signs their reps when i did get a bad one (which i think in my time span of being here, ive had about 6, 3 that were deleted over a wireless dispute and another 3 were just stupid) and it was obnoxious and unjustified and the "eww brawny" thread was something out of humor. some people took it too seriously as an outreach for reps which it wasnt. it was me joking about how hes got 3 bars almost 4 now and im at 3 still (or i just made 3 i should say). all the other people who do it, i fear are a bit too serious about the "need for rep"

The_Loose_Cannon said:
alright here is my 2 cents on the rep system

id like to point out a few things if i may as to why it does benefit the site and why it is incredibly worthless at the same time. however, the good outweighs the bad considering i0n has eliminated the bad rep option

the rep system is a great system WHEN USED CORRECTLY!!!!! apparently no one knows a single thing about common curtacy. someone answers your question/helps you and offers you the CORRECT advice, its only polite to rep them. simple as that. if someone gives you BAD advice or doesnt help you at all, then thats when its necessary to bad rep - but theres no need to worry about that because the bad rep system is GONE

also, no one knows how to SIGN their reps. signing leads to reps back at you and also helps out with knowing why you got the rep. send a PM and ask for a logical reason as to why you were reped. if its offensive, PM a mod! dont start an arguement. a mod can get rid of the rep you know. no one seems to know that.

the rep system can help build up just that, reputation with the site. it shows who knows their stuff and who doesnt. if youre talking out of your ass, obviously youre not going to be "rep worthy" however if you have more bars, youre more likely to be more helpful.

and now here are the CONS-

it truely is causing more harm than good! it really is!!! so many people arent using it to THEIR BENEFIT! dont keep reping the same people. dont just rep me, dont just rep brawny, dont just rep prinny whoeever the case may be! reping the same people wont solve anything. spread it around, dont pay attention to post count, pay attention to the bars. that means that other members find you to be helpful......and thats more of an attention grabber than post counts.....

also, people DO ***** and moan about it. in truth the only reason i do is because no one signs their reps when i did get a bad one (which i think in my time span of being here, ive had about 6, 3 that were deleted over a wireless dispute and another 3 were just stupid) and it was obnoxious and unjustified and the "eww brawny" thread was something out of humor. some people took it too seriously as an outreach for reps which it wasnt. it was me joking about how hes got 3 bars almost 4 now and im at 3 still (or i just made 3 i should say). all the other people who do it, i fear are a bit too serious about the "need for rep"
The whole reason it should be got rid of. Asking kids to do what they're told over a forum isn't gonna persuade them. WiiChat was much better without it's popularity. (IMO)

Frogger said:
You should earn a bar for ever 100 posts you make... Like normal forums do.

that makes more sense to me imo.:thumbsup:

i could help plenty of people. it doesnt mean that they will click the green mushroom. i could type something that makes sense. doesnt mean i would get rep for it.

if i get rep then fine but i dont see the point of it. you dont win prizes. you dont get more "power" on the site. like i said b4 if you want to help people then help em dont try to help people just so you get a good rep.

Lol, thanks for knowing I don't rep like that TLC....

And to frogger....that would lead to spppaaaaammmm. Or more of it at least.

Frogger said:
You should earn a bar for ever 100 posts you make... Like normal forums do.

you shouldnt do that
cos rep mis supposed to see if you post nwell or not
and if u get it every hundred posts thats thick cos
u cud of spammed for all of them

wii_cammy said:
you shouldnt do that
cos rep mis supposed to see if you post nwell or not
and if u get it every hundred posts thats thick cos
u cud of spammed for all of them

thats what mods are for. if you wanna spam then your ass should be kicked off. rep doesnt prove anything. some peole have rep who should have it and people who should arent getting it.

Brawny said:
Lol, thanks for knowing I don't rep like that TLC....

And to frogger....that would lead to spppaaaaammmm. Or more of it at least.

lol no i threw your name in becuase you and i have 3 bars. when you rep the same people over and over again out of favoritism it doesnt really serve a purpose chu know?

ETA- lee, dont encourage eric, leave it alone....

im only at one bar even though i feel that i am just as helpful and polite as anyone on this forum.

honestly, imo, to get rep you have to give rep...and i dont rep very much, only a couple times

nic7 said:
im only at one bar even though i feel that i am just as helpful and polite as anyone on this forum.

honestly, imo, to get rep you have to give rep...and i dont rep very much, only a couple times

lol, thats like the respect "system"

to gain respect, one must give respect.

its all about common curtacy which either some members have or some members dont

i just rep'ed you

Well I didn't get them for acting like Loaf-head that's for sure.... It's not like I don't contribute to this forum at all...

Brawny said:
Well I didn't get them for acting like Loaf-head that's for sure.... It's not like I don't contribute to this forum at all...

oh im sorry, i was too busy thinking you were a loaf-head what was that??? who are you agian!??! WHERE AM I?!?! ;)

what is a loaf-head thats a better question to be asking???? :confused:

anyways, sometimes people tend to only rep the familiar though. id rather get a rep for being useful than a rep for the sake of reping like we normally do sometimes......im guilty of giving a rep for someone elses benefit/outreach as have some people here for me cause im a whiny little brat that made a thread how you have 3 bars and i dont :p lol

Back