The Revolution isn't dead

miiplaywii

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
Most of us know that before the Wii was released it was codenamed Revolution. Some of us remember when Nintendo released the name Wii and how dissappointed everyone was with it, and how rumors immediatly sparked that it was a fake or a prank. I'm noticing several games that are using the word Revolution like how "Super" or "64" was used in the past. For example:

Pokemon Battle Revolution
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Victorious Boxers: The Fighting Revolution
SAN-X All-Star Revolution
Mobile Suit Gundam Revolution

Maybe not all these are using the word Revolution becuase it was the codename, but some definatly are. Unlike codenames like Dolphin or Project Reality, the Revolution name seems to be here to stay.

Thats a good point, but I still don't think so. Especially Pokemon Revolution and Mercury Meltdown Revolution which have released recent updates from the developers and still continue to use that name. Its been a while now since the name Wii was released.

miiplaywii said:
Thats a good point, but I still don't think so. Especially Pokemon Revolution and Mercury Meltdown Revolution which have released recent updates from the developers and still continue to use that name. Its been a while now since the name Wii was released.

I believe when they released the name of the pokemon game for the wii they gave a reason for the pokemon revolution name. And it wasn't related to the console code name. Mercury Meltdown I have no Idea though.

kinda like how the DS they played that into DS games like

full metal alchemist Dual Sympathy

Guilty Gear Dust Strikers

Tenchu Dark Secrets

Back