The Sims 3

I have it.

It's better than the Sims 2 & Sims 1 when they're compared as base games... but compared to the Sims 2 + All Expansion packs, it's not really impressive.

I run it on a laptop:

3GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 7000M
2.0Ghz Dual-Core Processor
Windows 7/Vista SP2

It runs okay on those specs, but I can't achieve rich textures since the card is pretty crap for gaming. Otherwise, I'm able to glide around the seemless neighborhood with ease. There's already been a flurry of mods released over at ModTheSims2.com (Sims 3 section), including the inevitible nudity mods. The creation is alot better than Sims 2, and making houses is less boring and bothersome, especially with unlimited patterns & designs that can be applied to 98% of the objects and clothing in the game.

The sims are smarter and act more real, with little small details (like someone ringing the doorbell, and your sim might jump up in fright, depending on their personality) that help make the gameplay somewhat special. The game is still comedic in it's usual way, but it's less goofy than the Sims 2... sims no longer have a retarded look on their face when reading books, and other daily tasks are no longer exaggerated/cartoony in animation like they were in Sims 2.

What it doesn't have from Sims 2:
No Weather
No Pets (although there are pet fish available)
No Apartments
No Businesses
No Vacation Resorts
etc.

What it retains from Sims 2:
Universities
Young Adult age group
Cell phones
Vehicles
Ability to put away leftovers
Buildable gardens (from Sims 2 Seasons)
etc.

If you want to know anything else, just ask.

I'm loving it so far. I think that its great. The customization is so much better than the previous two, and the ability to drive around town without any load screens is awesome.

Jackie Chan sim=beast

I'm loving it so far. I think that its great. The customization is so much better than the previous two, and the ability to drive around town without any load screens is awesome.

Jackie Chan sim=beast

Yeah, although it's kinda disturbing to see the sims teleport into cars and the car teleports into the driveway.. not to mention the sims drive ridiculously fast and then stop on a dime. I don't know what they have under their hoods, but I'd sure love to find out.

I was surprised that you're able to pretty much create anyone and everyone with the new CAS system.

Especially if you have this mod installed: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344369

them going to the bathroom less and stuff like that made the sims fun for me. And trapping neibors you don't like in boxes, thats fun too

I'm going to get the Sims 3 when I get my external disc drive. I recently discovered that my drive on my laptop is not working. It's got power and the drive ejects, but that's it. I've done a series of diagnostic checks and software checks but there's nothing obvious about the problem.

I've got my eye on a nice external dvd drive, which I'll be getting soon. And then after that, it's SIMS TIME BABY.

I got it, only complaint is the speed controls, ultra fast is not fast at all. A lot of people have this problem, many say its a bug. Just hope for a patch. I've made time a bit faster by turning down setting though the highest settings run well, only prob is the ultra speed. I hate watching my sim sleep so long and work. Wastes too much time

The only thing that I liked about the Sims was when they went to work so I would stop killing them. Really, I'm not a fan of god games. If you give them to me I'll get inpatient and will massacre the whole lot of 'em. I don't mean it, it just happens. So, I'd rather get it for the design aspect (I'm such a girl), but that's a hefty price just to fiddle around with the looks of people and their houses. I'd spend hours on them just to have it freeze on me so I can't gain access to that house any more. I'm not too bothered about this game.

The only significant impact the Sims has had on me was when I was in school and got called out to the principal (who clearly had nothing better to do) and saw a girl crying. I was about ten. The teacher said that there was a kid who created sims for all of our class (which had that girl in) and made us get married. She was upset about someone else marrying her and myself in the Sims, so I had to confirm that we weren't in fact, married. Nice heartwarming story for you all. I thought I was a fine catch.

I got it, only complaint is the speed controls, ultra fast is not fast at all. A lot of people have this problem, many say its a bug. Just hope for a patch. I've made time a bit faster by turning down setting though the highest settings run well, only prob is the ultra speed. I hate watching my sim sleep so long and work. Wastes too much time

It clearly says "Ultra Speed Through Current Action", meaning the clock will remain 3x faster, but the task will temporarily speed up.

I guess it differs by system.. my laptop isn't very strong, so super fast isn't really fast. As opposed to my friend who has a monster PC that shows a much different performance when faster speeds are chosen.

Back