The "Which Game Should I Get?" Thread

Jan 5, 2007
If you need help looking for a game to buy, hopefully you'll find some insight here.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess IGN score: 9.5
It's been said that if you have a Wii, you have to have Twilight Princess. And that's pretty much true. Definitely the best game on the Wii as of yet, Twilight Princess is the latest installment in the Zelda series, and is packed with action, puzzles, and one of the best storylines yet. The game will give most people at least 40 hours of gameplay, not including all the side quests in the game. The Wii-specific controls let you shoot arrows and boomerangs by pointing at the screen, instead of just moving a joystick around with your thumb. If you don't have this game yet, please go get it.

Super Paper Mario IGN score:8.9
This game is one of a kind. If you liked any of the original side-scrolling platformer Mario games of the past, you'll love this. With the ability to switch between a 2D classic view and 3D view, the gameplay in this title is unique yet familiar. It even throws in some of the RPG elements of the earlier Paper Mario games on the N64 and Gamecube. If you're a Mario fan, you won't be let down by this instant classic.

Excite Truck IGN score:8.0
As a launch title, this game was originally thought to be mainly a tech demo to simply show off the Wii remote's controls. However, it's one of the most addictive and easy-to-play racing games out there. Unlock new trucks as you play, and try to complete various stunts like getting air, hitting other trucks, and even dodging between trees to get stars. The star system in the game is unique, allowing the truck in second place a chance to win, simply by having more stars. A fun game by yourself or with friends, Excite Truck is a safe and excellent choice.

Red Steel IGN score:6
Like shooting? Like sword fighting? Red Steel is your game. Although the controls are a bit sketchy and require some getting used to, Red Steel has a solid single player mode and a multiplayer mode for fighting your friends. There is a wide variety of guns in the game, and a cool system that lets you "slow down time" to choose a few targets, and quickly gun them down. You won't find many other first-person sword fighting games out there, either. Let alone ones where you actually swing your arm to swing the sword.

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam IGN score:7
Another one? Yep, and it's nothing like the previous games. Downhill Jam is more of a racing game than a pure skateboarding game. You race 1-3 other people (computer people or your friends) down several crazy tracks, ranging from grinding on cars in San Fransisco to powersliding in snow in the Alps. The single-player mode has a ranking system, allowing you to go from your average skater to a skateboarding legend. Not only does it have the ranking system, but the single-player mode has certain races where you have to do the most tricks, knock the most stuff down, or do other crazy stuff in order to win. Tony Hawk pulled it off again.

Madden NFL 07 IGN score:8.5
If you don't know what to expect from this game, you've probably been hibernating for the past 15 years. However, this game is unique (of course), because of its Wii remote control scheme. To throw the football, you move the Wii remote as if you were throwing--stuff like that. You can't go wrong with this is you love sports games. But if you just want to play Madden and don't want to pay much, I'd say that you should just purchase one of the older games ('04-'06).

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 IGN score: 8.3
You fly, you shoot huge fireballs, you fight. If you're a die-hard Dragon Ball Z fan, you'll probably be pretty content with this game, despite the awkward controls. This game has over 100 characters to choose from, so you won't grow bored fast. Although not too much is new in this game from the other Dragon Ball Z games, it's a good game for those who really love the series. However, if you only have enough money for one game, and you've never played a DBZ game, I'd look around a little more.

Call of Duty 3 IGN score:7.7
Call of Duty is a successful first person shooter, but it didn't translate as well as we hoped for the Nintendo Wii. Nonetheless, it's really fun to play once to get the hang of the controls, and theres nothing not-fun about gunning down Nazis with a slew of weapons. If you liked the previous Call of Duty games, and are prepared for a whole new control system, go ahead and buy this game.

Medal of Honor: Vanguard IGN score:7
Much like Call of Duty 3, this is a first person shooter in about the same time period. This game offers a little more variety, in that there is a multiplayer mode and other small additions. If you aren't Call of Duty obsessed, buy this game instead.

I'll add more soon.

Last edited:
Oh woah finally.. an answer to all the 'what game should I get' threads!

This should be stickied! Great job dude :thumbsup:

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Tony Hawk pulled it off again.
I disagree. If you're considering buying this game (especially if your basing your judgement on prior Tony Hawk experiences), rent it just to make sure you really, really want it.
I thought it was crap.
Addicting. But crap.

I like the idea but you know this won't stop these kids from starting a "which game should I buy/get/own" thread every 30 mins or hour...They're attention seeking noobs who need to feel like everyone knows that they're here.

MasterJedi2U said:
I like the idea but you know this won't stop these kids from starting a "which game should I buy/get/own" thread every 30 mins or hour...They're attention seeking noobs who need to feel like everyone knows that they're here.
Then we pull out our Delete Spears...AND DELETE.
Noobs? THIS IS WIICHAT!
300? Anyone?

MasterJedi2U said:
THIS IS MAADDNESS!

Madness? THIS IS SPAARRTAAA!

:D Hahahaha yay.
Anyway...*puts hands in pockets*...any requests for games to be added?

Edit: Rishi 20, I wasn't asking what game I should get, but rather helping others who...need help.

I'll be doing stuff (like real life stuff) for the next 4-6 hours, so I'll either squeeze a few in now or do them later.

Back