The Wii and females...

The Great

Target
Dec 4, 2006
Cincinnati
Wii Online Code
7327-3524-0739-1946
When I first heard about the wii I said it was going to be a flop. I thought it was a far fetched concept for a console and I figured that it would never take off. The more I read about it and when I finally played one I realized how fun it really is. This system has the ability to be great and maybe even be more dominant than the PS3 but I still think the 360 will remain in the lead. The things this system is capable of is amazing. I don't need to list them because I am sure you all know what this system is capable of, but the thing that really blew my mind about this system is its appeal to females. It doesn't just appeal to female gamers but also to females who don't like video games. This is the system I have been waiting for because it is a bridge for my girlfriends into the world of video games and is a way we can share something I enjoy. Recently on some of my dates, when we see a Wii commercial on TV, my date have raved about how much they would love to play it because "it looks so fun". Sadly I was still unsure about the Wii on it's launch so I did not get one and I have been kicking my self for not buying one ever since. I Was just shocked at this because I have never seen this kind of reaction from girls (At least the kind of girls I date ie non gamers) when it comes to video games. So I will be picking one up as soon as I can find one in a store, I refuse to pay more that than sticker for anything let alone a video game system so sadly it may be a while but I can wait. I just thought I would post this and see if any of you have noticed this and if you haven't it is something to think about.

-TTG-

im in college and everyone plays my wii. girls and guys love sports. they like red steel if they sit for awhile, guys mostly... then zelda is more solo.

My girlfriend loves it, I have an XBox 360 but it didn't really appeal to her because she said it was to hard that its a "guys video game system". But when she played my Wii she loved it, and we've played Wii bowling for at least 20 hours since shes seen it.

I think women like the Wii more because of the controller and how petite the console actually is according to my girlfriend the console is "cute".

Well... I'm not complaining about it. :smilewinkgrin:

Yeah my girl, who never played games before, has been playing a lot of Mario games. It's awsome to get to play with her.

DragonM3D said:
Yeah my girl, who never played games before, has been playing a lot of Mario games. It's awsome to get to play with her.

Agreed, its nice hanging out with my girlfriend.

This is whats been running through my mind the last few weeks, im excited about the Wii alot and when i think of playing it i dont think of just me and my brother i keep imagining that everyone in my family and my girlfriend are gonna want to play this. I hope it turns out that way for me so i can give something fun to the family at christmas.

My wife hates gaming, but loves the Wii. I'm pretty sure she's going to get Master Surgeon in every chapter of Trauma Center or die trying.

I think the fact that they actually have to move and interact with the games is what interests them the most. Also have you guys made Mii's for your girlfriends or let them make their own? I thought this would get them into the game more. My ex liked to make her self in Tiger Woods but she didn't like to play so I figure allowing them to make a Mii would also attract them to the system.

Its funny because my girlfriend is like the same way. She has always called me a nerd and told me Im going to turn into my brother if I dont stop playing (my brother does nothing but collect YuGiOh cards and ****...its pretty lame lol) but she wants a DS for Christmas and she always talks about how shes going to steal my Wii. Its cool and cute at the same time, and Im glad I can finally enjoy playing games with her.

Well my girlfreind is sitll trying to get over 200 on bowling. she halready has a pro rank and can typically beat me in a match. she stayed up till midnight last night playing to break 200. Shes not a gamer at all. She plays the brain games on my ds and thats about it. so its nice to play a few things together. PLus i htink it will give a whole new life to games. wait until the next mario party.

i agree with you guys, the wii is a good system for couples.. my wife hates video games because they dont make enough girls games... we used to play pool on 360 until my 360 died with the 3 red lights... and now we play wii all the time.
BUT.... she played soooooooo much the first day (around 16 hrs straight) and next day she had pain all over her body LOL.

Back