The Wii and the PS3

wii.ndi

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
so i'm on another forum who are completely graphic obsessed. and graphics are nice, but they keep on linking images from the wii and comparing alongside with the ps3. now ive told them countless times that their main focus was with gameplay, with different controllers and motion sensors.. this doesnt seem to get in their head. they keep coming up with "whats the difference, the ps3 has tilt".. this was copied from nintendo, was it not? then i say it doesnt have as much potential as the wii, and they say that it makes people real tired to swing all the time so it makes it boring.. for boxing i can understand, but i dont see anyone getting bored of it (from the reviews and videos ive seen)..

theres like 10 of em gangin up on me lol, they're pretty damn annoying when they link images and say "LOL LOOK AT DIFFERENCE".. i dont know what other things i can say about the wii to em, cuz they just don't think much of it. and i guess i dont know why im posting this, but i was just wondering what ur guys thought on the wii compared to ps3 was (if uve tried em, or heard about it from reliable source) but yeah, the gfx are a big noticable difference.. but the motion sensoring just races past graphics into the next gen IMO.

all of em don't even have a ps3... they keep talking about how good the hardware is (isnt even made specifically for gaming, just good hardware which is expensive).. and blu-ray technology etc.

well, any replies would be appreciated

Well, no point in getting all worked up over it. All three systems are good, and each one has something that is unique to it. It's really going to be personal preference when you're buying a system, unless you buy them all. If you want sharp graphics and good gameplay, get a 360 or a ps3. If you want a new, fun, and completely different way of playing games, get a wii.

I decided to get the wii over the ps3 not because I didn't like the ps3, but the wii is so innovative and fun...yet $350 cheaper.

Plus, if i'm not swingin' away with the wii I'm pretty satisfied with gears of war on the 360!

Just to clear things up, I'm not saying the games for the wii don't have good gameplay. I would be satisfied with wii sports and zelda for a long, long time!

well i dont really consider prices.

i look at the console and only the console. not, oh its more expensive so i won't get it.. i mean sure, i prolly wouldn't, but if i wanted it that bad i would.

and im not really seeing too much good news about the ps3.. there are good titles, but it really doesnt have anything unique about it.

its a ps3 with blu-ray (which is good but not exactly special)
xbox is good gfx (parralel to ps3 they say) and best online so far
wii is new type of gaming

and about the ps1 tilt control, i never knew that. but i read an article about them saying that they were happy about ps3 copying their motion sensorsing control.

reasons why i got a wii instead of the other consoles:
  • Price tag
  • Innovation
  • Nintendo titles (Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, etc.)
  • If I want good graphics, that's what my PC's for.
  • If I want it to play DVDs, that's what my DVD player's for.
  • If I want a multimedia player, that's what my Notebook's for.
  • Blu-Ray. Woopie-Doo. How many people can afford HDTVs?
  • Blu-Ray. Just another reason to add fuel to a never ending war for DVD supremacy.
  • Nintendo has never failed me. (I still have all my older Nintendo systems (still operational)

thats a cool video........shooter..........shooter........shooter.........shooter.........shooter........sci-fi shooter...........shooter lol

Russkels55 said:
best way to put it is watch THIS video
Quite an amazing little video there.

I CAN'T stand it when PS3 fanboys say the Wii is unoriginal. That's sooo hypocritical. Sony has showed NO innovation. OMG TITL CONTROLLERS...

sounds a bit familiar huh? o_O

Wii FTW!

They're idiots, the best games ever were the ones on the N64. Did the N64 have good GRAPHICS? Hell no.

Last edited:
yea..

i forgot all about N64 :p then i thought back on it.. Wow mario kart was fun, wow golden eye was fun.. lolz

JDK721 said:
They're idiots, the best games ever were the ones on the N64. Did the N64 have good games? Hell no.
wot .........you said the best games where on the n64 but they didnt have good games:eek: i think ur confused

Back