Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Wii and the PS3

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by wii.ndi, Dec 4, 2006.

1. wii.ndi

wii.ndi WiiChat Member

so i'm on another forum who are completely graphic obsessed. and graphics are nice, but they keep on linking images from the wii and comparing alongside with the ps3. now ive told them countless times that their main focus was with gameplay, with different controllers and motion sensors.. this doesnt seem to get in their head. they keep coming up with "whats the difference, the ps3 has tilt".. this was copied from nintendo, was it not? then i say it doesnt have as much potential as the wii, and they say that it makes people real tired to swing all the time so it makes it boring.. for boxing i can understand, but i dont see anyone getting bored of it (from the reviews and videos ive seen)..

theres like 10 of em gangin up on me lol, they're pretty damn annoying when they link images and say "LOL LOOK AT DIFFERENCE".. i dont know what other things i can say about the wii to em, cuz they just don't think much of it. and i guess i dont know why im posting this, but i was just wondering what ur guys thought on the wii compared to ps3 was (if uve tried em, or heard about it from reliable source) but yeah, the gfx are a big noticable difference.. but the motion sensoring just races past graphics into the next gen IMO.

all of em don't even have a ps3... they keep talking about how good the hardware is (isnt even made specifically for gaming, just good hardware which is expensive).. and blu-ray technology etc.

well, any replies would be appreciated

2. Audioillity

Audioillity WiiChat Member

are you not going to post a link to the forum?

3. wii.ndi

wii.ndi WiiChat Member

4. Russkels55

Russkels55 WiiChat Member

the ps1 had tilt sensing fyi

5. p2y2r7o

p2y2r7o WiiChat Member

Well, no point in getting all worked up over it. All three systems are good, and each one has something that is unique to it. It's really going to be personal preference when you're buying a system, unless you buy them all. If you want sharp graphics and good gameplay, get a 360 or a ps3. If you want a new, fun, and completely different way of playing games, get a wii.

I decided to get the wii over the ps3 not because I didn't like the ps3, but the wii is so innovative and fun...yet $350 cheaper.

Plus, if i'm not swingin' away with the wii I'm pretty satisfied with gears of war on the 360!

6. p2y2r7o

p2y2r7o WiiChat Member

Just to clear things up, I'm not saying the games for the wii don't have good gameplay. I would be satisfied with wii sports and zelda for a long, long time!

7. wii.ndi

wii.ndi WiiChat Member

well i dont really consider prices.

i look at the console and only the console. not, oh its more expensive so i won't get it.. i mean sure, i prolly wouldn't, but if i wanted it that bad i would.

and im not really seeing too much good news about the ps3.. there are good titles, but it really doesnt have anything unique about it.

its a ps3 with blu-ray (which is good but not exactly special)
    xbox is good gfx (parralel to ps3 they say) and best online so far
    wii is new type of gaming

and about the ps1 tilt control, i never knew that. but i read an article about them saying that they were happy about ps3 copying their motion sensorsing control.

8. Russkels55

Russkels55 WiiChat Member

best way to put it is watch THIS video

9. wii.ndi

wii.ndi WiiChat Member

hehe thx 4 the vid

10. vlad

vlad Nintendo player for life

Wii Friend Code: 4319-5684-7959-2417
    4319-5684-7959-2417
    reasons why i got a wii instead of the other consoles:
    • Price tag
    • Innovation
    • Nintendo titles (Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, etc.)
    • If I want good graphics, that's what my PC's for.
    • If I want it to play DVDs, that's what my DVD player's for.
    • If I want a multimedia player, that's what my Notebook's for.
    • Blu-Ray. Woopie-Doo. How many people can afford HDTVs?
    • Blu-Ray. Just another reason to add fuel to a never ending war for DVD supremacy.
    • Nintendo has never failed me. (I still have all my older Nintendo systems (still operational)

11. LukasJr

LukasJr BRAAAP BRAAP I IZ BAK

Wii Friend Code: 1312-7119-3891-2066
    1312-7119-3891-2066
    thats a cool video........shooter..........shooter........shooter.........shooter.........shooter........sci-fi shooter...........shooter lol

12. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

Quite an amazing little video there.

I CAN'T stand it when PS3 fanboys say the Wii is unoriginal. That's sooo hypocritical. Sony has showed NO innovation. OMG TITL CONTROLLERS...

sounds a bit familiar huh? o_O

Wii FTW!

13. JDK721

JDK721 WiiChat Member

They're idiots, the best games ever were the ones on the N64. Did the N64 have good GRAPHICS? Hell no.

#13 JDK721, Dec 4, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  14. wii.ndi

wii.ndi WiiChat Member

yea..

i forgot all about N64 :p then i thought back on it.. Wow mario kart was fun, wow golden eye was fun.. lolz

15. LukasJr

LukasJr BRAAAP BRAAP I IZ BAK

Wii Friend Code: 1312-7119-3891-2066
    1312-7119-3891-2066
    wot .........you said the best games where on the n64 but they didnt have good games:eek: i think ur confused

16. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

I think he meant playstation the second time.

Honestly, I can't see that way of thinking at all. You don't consider price tags? Any company could go out there and produce this massive powerhouse of a console and put it in the $1000's but you wouldn't care? Affordability is one of the bigest factors for me. PS3 just doesn't cut it.

17. JDK721

JDK721 WiiChat Member

My bad, I do that a lot.. I meant "Did the N64 have good GRAPHICS? Hell no."

:D Edited.

Fun games don't have to have good graphics, graphics do not make a game any funner.

18. wii.ndi

wii.ndi WiiChat Member

i am not speaking for everybody.

but what im saying is..

lets say there is a 300 dollars console, and a 500 dollar one

i want the 500 dollar one, but only have 300.. but i just save for the 500 dollar one and if i want it that bad. ofcourse prices matter, but i'm talking about the console itself, the gameplay etc.

19. linkzeldagame

linkzeldagame Posts when necessary.

I've signed on there to try and help you out wii.ndi

My user name there is dedu.

Cheers

By the way, I love getting into fanboy fights as it helps me understand more about each console from a different perspective.

20. COLDshiver

COLDshiver Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 4532-8683-6668-7765
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Imho, comparing Consoles on forums are none sense and pointless. It's entirely opinion based and the sales will do the talking. But since you posted:

(this is coming from someone who owns a Wii, 360, PS3, and 80% PC gamer)
    I think that comparing just specs, plain console specs, the PS3 will no doubt be the best system for the latest in technology and graphics. But graphics never determine who the winner is, it does contribute but not entirely.

Right now, imo, those who go for a PS3 are not so smart. With the price it currently is, a smart person would buy an nice computer instead. Especially those retards whom paid over 5k for a PS3. Instead of paying 5k, they could have used only 3k and have a system that outright destroys the PS3 in specs, especially since DX10 is coming out. Have you seen Crysis and Bioshock? Crazy graphics that will blow your mind away. And that extra 2k that's left from buying a 3k unbelievable PC, you could get a custom case for less depending on the job. So unless you paid only $600 for a PS3, shame on you. The PS3 is just not worth over $600. And even at $600, it's still very debatable. And not enough PS3s? There are tons of PC parts you could get with ease. Although I do have a PS3, the only game I play (and own) on it is Resistance. It's a great shooter with cool new weapons, it's 'newness' factor will soon wear off and be just another shooter. The multiplayer too is really fun but right now, PC is the way to go if you want a PS3.

With the 360 and Wii, both are really strong systems. The 360 imo is the most stable strongest system among the three. It has superb online play and has many great games for it (CoD3, Gears of war, etc.) and above all, Halo 3. (Trailer tonight, OMG!)The 360 imo should be owned by everyone just because it is just a great system. If you were to choose between a 360, Wii, and PS3, i would definitely urge you to get a 360 as a stable platform along with the Wii. The Wii, of course, is one of my favorite systems. It's a big breath, a really really big breath of fresh air. It's a whole different way to play. Some may argue it's just a stupid gimmick, too much hype, you just have to play it to believe it. This is very true, as a few of my friends who currently own a PS3 and 360 had previously thought that the Wii was just a 'party Console' and 'Kiddie Console' were astounded after half a day of Madden, Red Steel, Wii Sports, and Zelda. Now, they are getting a Wii (and just got them yesterday :D). So yes, you have to try it and become a believer. It's different but if you play it with a closed mind thinking you'll break a sweat, then go back to your little hole and turn your back to the world just like those other PS3 fanbois. You have to play it with an open mind, that's the trick. And yadda yadda yadda, most of you know how great the Wii is :)