JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/10/02/wii.web.browser.not.free/
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154126

Ok this is BS but still is not confirmed, but if Nintendo makes there browser cost even 5 bucks Im not paying, and neither should you. If you are reading this YOU HAVE A BROWSER and dont need to pay more for another one.

Plus Nintendo back in the beginnings said it would be free, does this mean Nintendo could charge is for other Wii Channels too, like the Demo channel? Will we have to play for Online gaming too? Sorry Nintendo you just lost my trust and unless you keep the Browser free until June, I will never be able to trust you again.

So hopefully Nintendo makes the browser Free but if not, F... Nintendo

Those articles are from last October - before they actually did put it out for free (although currently a beta version). I would not expect anyone will be paying for it.

Old Articles.
Old Thread.
If you download the final version anytime in March to June 1st
You can download it for free.

4c25n4y.jpg

Last edited:
why post old news that we all know it will be free, in a recent interview they said that if you have the trial version the full version will be free

Here is a press release from Opera regarding the Web Browser from December:

http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/12/22/

I refer you specifically to this section:

Availability
Nintendo is currently offering a free trial of Opera for Wii which is now available for download. The release of the final version of the Opera browser for Wii is currently scheduled for late March 2007. Opera for Wii will remain a free download until June 30, 2007. After June 30, Opera will be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii points. Users who download Opera before June 30, 2007, can continue to use the browser at no cost for the lifetime of the Wii system.

There, straight from the horses mouth.

Yeah, ur gonna tell me that you dont believe opera when they make the D*** thing for nintendo? i mean really!

duberryboy1 said:
why post old news that we all know it will be free, in a recent interview they said that if you have the trial version the full version will be free
Wait wait so if you get your Wii later and dont have the trial version of the browser would you have to pay then?

Aparently, if you get your Wii after June 30th then you will have to pay for the browser, if you dl the trial of rull version (when it comes out) any time before then, it should be free.

Last edited:
bubba-ga-nush said:
Wait wait so if you get your Wii later and dont have the trial version of the browser would you have to pay then?
no, i think he said that wrong, just read the Opera page, it says it all...
think about it, would that be fair? :incazzato:

climbatiz said:
no, i think he said that wrong, just read the Opera page, it says it all...
think about it, would that be fair? :incazzato:
Would it be fair for people who buy a Wii after June 31 to have to pay $5 for the Opera browser? Absolutely! Giving early Wii adopters Opera for free is a nice bonus. How often is it that early adopters end up getting shafted (by a price drop) by buying a console early?

Those of us who bought the Wii at (or near launch) had the Wii with only the Photo Channel and a skeleton of the Shopping Channel. People who buy their Wii after June 31 will probably have 6 fully functional channels from the get-go. If they have to pay $5 for a fully operation Opera browser, it is a small price to pay for them... a nice little bonus (getting it for free) for us.

I really admire how Nintendo has been handling the launch and after-launch of the Wii.

I have the Nintendo Power magazine which is an official soucrce from Nintendo and in there I read that the Opera Browser will be free, but if you don't download it and 4 months pass, then it will cost 5 dollars..

People, there is no such thing as June 31st. June had 30 days.

Didn't you people learn the little jingle in school? "30 days has September, April, June, and November..."
:) heh

Back