the wii can rival the graphics of ps3/360

Dkw0101

Your Savior
Dec 23, 2007
Wii Online Code
3156-1824-0023-3057
some say since the wii does not have HD it has no chance of surving graphic wise, who ever said that is wrong

the wii does have the same graphic capabilities as the gamecube I know but does anyone remember this clip?
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=wBtAvX4Pkyk[/MEDIA]

thats right, the space world 2000, the year nintendo showed a preview of what the gamecube can do, these graphics look like a ps3/360, well for me atleast.

anyway these are just my thoughts about all that.

Honestly, no that doesn't compare at all to 360/Ps3 or Wii.
Those were pretty bad compared to what can be done nowadays, I am just not seeing the resemblance.

Sorry dude, but they are right... I love the Wii, but Graphics are not it's strong suit. PS3 and 360 are clearly the winners in rendering those polygons and textures.

I am not a serious gamer, so it's not a HUGE issue for me... but even I can see a big difference.

the ps3 and 360 have far more powerful processors. There is no physical way the wii can match them unless its somehow modded and overclocked.

Why does this subject keep coming up?

1) You need HARDWARE to do certain "THINGS"; CREATIVE PROGRAMMING will only go SO FAR!

If you only have 88MB of total RAM, your texture sizes - AMONG OTHER THINGS - are going to be limited. If you only have ONE ~750 processor, it WILL NOT BY ANY MEANS BE ABLE TO DO WHAT A MACHINE CAN DO WITH THREE OF THEM. PERIOD, END OF STORY, SIT DOWN.

If you have never built a computer for yourself, never, ever talk about hardware capabilities again. Do you just look at the systems and say, "Hey the Wii's plastic shell is box-like, the 360's is box-like, and the PS3 is somewhat box-like... HEY, they must all be able to do the same thing!" It actually does matter what's inside said box, FYI.

2) Do you actually think that NINTENDO the people that MADE THE SYSTEM, missed accessing a whole processor when making SMG? Do you really think they only used half of the Wii's system memory? On their flagship game? Seriously, think about that for a second... how much better REALLY will any game be - GRAPHICALLY - than SMG? I really don't see it being improved very much over that. Unless someone here can give me a good explanation on why Nintendo would intentionally not use as much of the Wii's power as possible for SMG (FLAGSHIP TITLE), then I will continue to believe that SMG is pretty much the top of the food chain.

I think SMG looks great, but don't under any circumstances think we'll get anything even remotely close to Crysis/UT graphics-wise with the current hardware.

My computer sucks. so it wont load the video. I'm guessing it's the Zelda video with Link and Ganon battling. I mean, it's the one fanboys have been talking about since 2000.

My response: Who Cares? The fact that Nintendo never brought this game to life pisses me off. They filled us with empty promises then brought us Wind Waker.

As far as Wii competing with PS3 360 graphic wise. No, I don't think so. Although I do think the Wii has good graphics, it doesn't compete.

I too am looking forward to Fatal Frame and what Factor 5 has in store.

Thats ok[the video] but really like I've said many times normal mapping is needed to "look" like an HD game in a lower resolution. If the Wii is 2.5 times more powerful than the GC then this could be very possible. Sit tight factor 5 is on this one. Nintendoware is at the GDC of course NDAs will be there too so you will not hear too much about it.

I've played the PS3 and the xbox 360 and really they are doing pretty good but the bench mark really is what is on the PC currently. There are key features that are not making it into these Wii graphics engines. Things are getting better yet I think we may see the same thing that happened with the xbox vs the PS2. The Wii will get pretty good graphics yet it may not surpass it simply because it is not 1080 resolutions yet this is not needed to look good and play fast which is what most people want. Sit tight and see what factor 5 and others produce. It takes r&d or either a pre-built engine to make your game look really great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back