the wii can rival the graphics of ps3/360

ok ok. Wii graphics aren't HD. I know that. I never said they were. But they can be pretty good. Have you ever played twilight princess on an hdtv? How about Metroid Prime 3? Those games are among the top graphics capability. If not tied for first. And from what I've seen of Brawl, they're about to get squashed.

Brawl_King said:
ok ok. Wii graphics aren't HD. I know that. I never said they were. But they can be pretty good. Have you ever played twilight princess on an hdtv? How about Metroid Prime 3? Those games are among the top graphics capability. If not tied for first. And from what I've seen of Brawl, they're about to get squashed.

Thats all I play on is an HDtv with DPL of course. Like I said before factor 5 will bring the heat. And yes games can still look good even though another systems has better graphics. I mean consoles survived all these years with PC tech crushing it year after year.

Brawl_King said:
wow, so you're saying the top graphical games of the wii are the same as the top graphical games of the gamecube? those games only look good to you because you don't have anything to compare them to, if you owned a 360 or ps3, which i doubt, you should clearly be able to see the differences.

I love the wii, but this poster must be on the wacky weed, for starters Wii doesn;t have the same graphics as gamecube its better and the rest i had no idea what he is on about :(

YAY, another graphics thread. I love these actually....

The thing about SMG being N's flagship title and thinking that's the best it could do is both right/wrong. Sure, it is N's flagship title but it can do alot better. It's like saying that since Halo 3 is MS flagship title, they pushed it to the max..... WRONG! It was stated that the 360 in fact is only scratching at the 2nd processor when this thing has 3! Nintendo wouldn't show their aces now. That was just something to show that it can make a pretty picture. Can the graphics get better, will they get better... oooohhhhhh yes. WTF is this Samsung 4GB 65NM Nand flash memory for? This was found inside the Wii. For it's main graphics memory, the Wii uses GDDR3 which is optimal for game usage (360 uses same memory format but WAY more of it). If Nintendo can make my Wii glow blue and add channels to my main menu, I really believe they could update it with an overclock function. I mean, am I the only one that realizes that the Wii's fan barely works because it doesn't have anything to cool yet. Yeah sure, it still won't be as powerful as the others but Nintendo would not leave us hanging. Let's say they bump it up to run at 1.1Ghz? It may not allow you to see sweat glands on the characters but it DEFINITELY improve what the little white box can do right? You can not be serious in thinking that they figured this system, as it is now, would power them through this generation of gaming consoles? This system has SO many hidden things that it's ridiculous as do the others.

Yeah I love these discussion to yet no one every diggs for info around here? Whats up with that?

ShawVAuto said:
YAY, another graphics thread. I love these actually....

The thing about SMG being N's flagship title and thinking that's the best it could do is both right/wrong. Sure, it is N's flagship title but it can do alot better. It's like saying that since Halo 3 is MS flagship title, they pushed it to the max..... WRONG! It was stated that the 360 in fact is only scratching at the 2nd processor when this thing has 3! Nintendo wouldn't show their aces now. That was just something to show that it can make a pretty picture. Can the graphics get better, will they get better... oooohhhhhh yes. WTF is this Samsung 4GB 65NM Nand flash memory for? This was found inside the Wii. For it's main graphics memory, the Wii uses GDDR3 which is optimal for game usage (360 uses same memory format but WAY more of it). If Nintendo can make my Wii glow blue and add channels to my main menu, I really believe they could update it with an overclock function. I mean, am I the only one that realizes that the Wii's fan barely works because it doesn't have anything to cool yet. Yeah sure, it still won't be as powerful as the others but Nintendo would not leave us hanging. Let's say they bump it up to run at 1.1Ghz? It may not allow you to see sweat glands on the characters but it DEFINITELY improve what the little white box can do right? You can not be serious in thinking that they figured this system, as it is now, would power them through this generation of gaming consoles? This system has SO many hidden things that it's ridiculous as do the others.

Hey your close but take a look at this.

GeForce 7100 GS
Graphics Bus Technology PCI Express
Memory Interface 64-bit
Memory Bandwidth 5.3GB/s
Fill Rate 1.4 Billion pixels/sec
Vertices/Second (Millions) 263
RAMDACs 400MHz

Wii
24 MiB MoSys 1T-SRAM (codenamed "Splash") main system RAM. 324 MHz, 64-bit bus. 2.7 GB/s bandwidth.
3 MiB embedded 1T-SRAM within "Flipper"
Split into 1 MiB texture buffer and 2 MiB frame buffer.
10.4 GB/s texture bandwidth (peak). 7.6 GB/s framebuffer bandwidth (peak). ~6.2 ns latency.

These specs put it just behind a 7100 GS geforce and actually past it in some specs. Although that card is no power house it does really well at 480p. So once you take away the need for HD you start to have extra stuff to play with. HD textures range from 4096 to 512 if you are lucky and more if you are using similar tech as the rage engine and a harddrive. Most GPUs have maxed out what is possible at that resolution seriously why do you think they went HD?

Another thing is the official specs are still up in the air. I heard a number of thing from GDDR ram to all sram... yet if it is Gddr ram what type? another thing is it points to it being sram because of the low clock, sram doesn't need a high clock for crazy bandwidths. It's fun to search for though yet if I ever get a NDA put in front of my face you can forget about me talking....LOL Nintendo has ninjas now!

wezeles said:
The Wii is probably "the limit" of how good graphics are ever going to look on an SD or ED t.v., no matter what your playing PS3/Xbox 360/Wii even Xbox or GameCube, they are all gonna look pretty much the same overall on the older style t.v's.

You will only notice the differance really between each specific game, and maybe if you swap out for a really nice set of cables, beyond that there is a limit to what "computer graphics" can be displayed on an older t.v.

But once you plug these into a HDTV though its amazing! So much crisper and cleaner..We pluged Rock Band PS3 into my HDTV and wow computer graphics today are almost to the point with the physics/shadowing in it looks so close to real live video its amazing...

Without an HDTV though its only gonna reach so far on that scale and the t.v. will hold you back. When we plugged PS3 Rockband into the EDTV honestly it looked equal to Wii no better no worse,If it wasn't for lag calibration i would have never changed it at all... Thats not even a top of the line game graphically!

What? Completely false...

The games on PS3/360 look ALOT better than Wii regardless of having a ED or SDTV. You are making it seem like a HDTV is required for good graphics on a 360 or PS3 which is far from it. Having a HDTV just makes everything look more refined because it can handle more pixels.

The reason why Rock Band doesn't look special on PS3 is because Rock Band was not made for graphics at all. Infact if you looked at Rock Band in a graphic sense then Rock Band has horrible graphics. You can't compare Rockband or Guiter Hero 3 from 360/PS3 to Wii and use that as a test of how the graphics differ and you certainly don't need an HDTV to enjoy the PS3/360 graphics.

I have to agree that the Wii's specs were NEVER officially revealed which I think is funny. People always talk about what they do not know. ALL specs on the Wii are rumored, 100% rumored. I think it's funny that Nintendo NEVER once revealed their specs but the other two quickly bragged about their multi-threaded processes, etc. "A quiet company holds the biggest secrets" I say. People should start talking about the Wii once it is in fact revealed.

T3kNi9e said:
What? Completely false...

The games on PS3/360 look ALOT better than Wii regardless of having a ED or SDTV. You are making it seem like a HDTV is required for good graphics on a 360 or PS3 which is far from it. Having a HDTV just makes everything look more refined because it can handle more pixels.

The problem here is that dumbass kids go to their local Gamestop and compare the Wii's kiosk to the 360/PS3 ones and then post online about how the Wii graphics "SuXXORZ!!" Yet they own a crappy 13" SDTV momma handed them. Not realizing that the PS3/360 games are demoed in HD they beg mommy for 360/PS3 and expect their shiity tv to magically transform into HD because their console is "HD".

Resolution has NOTHING to do with graphics. Take a crap and film it in 1080p. YES, it will be clear on an HD set, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a piece of crap!!
I noticed the biggest complainers own SDTV's. By the time Wii2 hits stores, HDTV will be so much greater and I'm about %99.99999 sure that Wii2 will be in HD. Nintendo did the smart thing by skipping HD this gen... HD is a big mess right now!

Sovieto said:
wow, so you're saying the top graphical games of the wii are the same as the top graphical games of the gamecube? those games only look good to you because you don't have anything to compare them to, if you owned a 360 or ps3, which i doubt, you should clearly be able to see the differences.
You stupid ass! I said I never thought wii graphics were as good as PS3 or 360! I've seen the graphics for each, and know that wii is nowhere close. I also know that some games can look good for the system. That does not mean Wii graphics are as good as PS3's or 360's. That only means that they are good. Not HD. Good. Get it?

Caliko said:
The problem here is that dumbass kids go to their local Gamestop and compare the Wii's kiosk to the 360/PS3 ones and then post online about how the Wii graphics "SuXXORZ!!" Yet they own a crappy 13" SDTV momma handed them. Not realizing that the PS3/360 games are demoed in HD they beg mommy for 360/PS3 and expect their shiity tv to magically transform into HD because their console is "HD".

Resolution has NOTHING to do with graphics. Take a crap and film it in 1080p. YES, it will be clear on an HD set, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a piece of crap!!
I noticed the biggest complainers own SDTV's. By the time Wii2 hits stores, HDTV will be so much greater and I'm about %99.99999 sure that Wii2 will be in HD. Nintendo did the smart thing by skipping HD this gen... HD is a big mess right now!
Thank you! At least someone gets it!

Caliko said:

I can't tell if you disagree with me, agree with me, talking about me or even responding to me o_O

Back