the wii can rival the graphics of ps3/360

Caliko said:
NO dude, My computer really sucks that bad and I'm not whining. It will prolly load the video, but will take about 5 minutes to load maybe 4 seconds. I'd rather not wait.... so stop bitching unless your willing to buy me a new computer.

So, since you think I'm the one bitching, what's your system specs?

Or are you afraid to post them because I very likely will give you proof that your system IS able to do smooth Internet Video.

wezeles said:
Have you ever tossed your systems on a SD/ED then taken them over to a HD? you would understand after that for sure.

It looks like you have a decent size SD/ED CRT t.v. in your profile pic T3kNi9e, you can't tell me you don't notice a HUGE differance between the systems on that then when on an HDTV.

I've had all 3 systems on both my t.v's and although its a cleaner picture with the HD consoles, you will not notice the great details on a SD/ED as you do on a HD. This is also where you notice the downfalls of the Wii alot more.

The majority of people with an HD console that I know don't even have an HDTV yet. They don't know what they are missing without it! I personally wouldn't buy the HD consoles without a HDTV first, you just miss out on so much of what you paid for.

I only recently got my 360 hooked up to a plasma monitor so I used to play all my games on my SDTV. It maybe a decent size, but the sharpness on my TV is horrible, its REALLY BAD. So it actually makes it worse than a normal SDTV. My brother has a small one and it looks better on his.

But the graphics itself do not change, its just like having a super sharp TV. Its just like when you watch a normal DVD on a SDTV it looks fine, but when you watch it on a HDTV you can see it looks all fuzzy. HDTV shows all the games/videos imperfections. So when you use a HDTV on a 360/PS3 you can see all the little details.

Yes HDTV looks alot better for 360/PS3 than a SDTV and you do miss out, but not enough to warrant buying a HDTV no matter what. SDTV users still have great graphics.

[DT] said:
You know, you wade through dozens of clueless posts (certainly not supported by any hands-on experience) then you get a post like this.

Fantastic assessment and incredibly interesting food-for-thought (the moderate poly, high detailed tex-map capability).

Yeah, my buddies in the industry flirt with danger (and fiscal security) by letting me see some work prior to release, but they know the trail ends with me.

Thanks but really as gamers you should all know what makes this stuff tick so that hype won't ruin the fun. Just like the announced compression to solve Wiiware downloads and uncompress them on the fly that same could be used with in the graphics pipeline since such compression was said to even be in the Wii. I'll wait for factor 5 to show off as I like getting pay checks. Hey but if you ever getting into gaming by way of Wii ware etc.. I'll be sure to look you up.

WiitnessID said:
Thanks but really as gamers you should all know what makes this stuff tick so that hype won't ruin the fun. Just like the announced compression to solve Wiiware downloads and uncompress them on the fly that same could be used with in the graphics pipeline since such compression was said to even be in the Wii. I'll wait for factor 5 to show off as I like getting pay checks. Hey but if you ever getting into gaming by way of Wii ware etc.. I'll be sure to look you up.

What?

Dkw0101 said:
some say since the wii does not have HD it has no chance of surving graphic wise, who ever said that is wrong

the wii does have the same graphic capabilities as the gamecube I know but does anyone remember this clip?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wBtAvX4Pkyk

thats right, the space world 2000, the year nintendo showed a preview of what the gamecube can do, these graphics look like a ps3/360, well for me atleast.

anyway these are just my thoughts about all that.

That... was just awful. It looks like an FF7 cutscene, thank god for WW.

Don't talk about things you don't know about or own.

ls1foxbody said:
ps3 <360 <xbox <wii graphics

IMHO. Having seen both the PS3 and 360 at 1080p, I can't say which one actually looks better. It's too close to tell. The same image of Assassin's Creed looks exactly the same on both systems on the same display. Motion is the same too. I really can't tell a bit of difference.

I think why many people say one system looks better over the other is they are not comparing the most important thing - the SAME game. Anyone can say one game looks better than the other. Saying Game X looks better on System A or B, that's what I want to hear.

Besides, PC graphics blow consoles out of the water :)

The 360 and the wii have the best graphics in the world because I own them and want to justify the purchase of them.

EffeKt said:
The 360 and the wii have the best graphics in the world because I own them and want to justify the purchase of them.

Hmm...

I believe you qualify as one of those who have the "It is because i said so" attitude. Have you ever heard of the PS3? Or maybe even PCs? Both are capable of achieving graphical nirvana much faster than 360s and, most definitely, Wii consoles.

Last edited:
EffeKt said:
Yes I say that too! At least for the Wii part.. heheh
Well until I get my SSBB then that will justify my purchase of it : )

Dorkfish said:
Hmm...

I believe you qualify as one of those who have the "It is because i said so" attitude. Have you ever heard of the PS3? Or maybe even PCs? Both are capable of achieving graphical nirvana much faster than 360s and, most definitely, Wii consoles.

Its sarcasm man, but yeah, its difficult to detect on the internet.

EffeKt said:
Its sarcasm man, but yeah, its difficult to detect on the internet.
Heheh, indeed. Unless you do those </sacrasm> or the roll eye smiley which sorta ruins it.

So far PS3 and 360 graphics are exactly the same, the only difference is graphic engines which will determine how good a game looks.

PC doesn't even look much better than 360/PS3 because technology has not advanced much yet. Also more and more games are coming out with better graphics still on the 360/PS3.

Drakes Fortune is a game that has a nice graphic engine, but its nothing that the 360 can't do. Infact the new Unreal Engine 3 that will be used on Gears 2 does everything Drake's Fortune engine can do. Actually so far the best looking games out there IMO are Crysis/Bioshock/Mass Effect. People say Drake's Fortune was really really great looking, but I was not blown away by it at all, the best looking thing was the water effects, which again... the updated Unreal Engine 3 can now do.

Back