the wii headset

....wiiiiiii.....

WiiChat Member
Sep 20, 2006
Auzzie land (freo)
Wii Online Code
5312-7293-3513-9932
an editorial got posted today on IGN, it shows the what the wii would suffer from online gaming if it did not have a way of communicating by speech.
source:
http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/819/819583p1.html

i wasnt to sure if nintendo would do a headset because all the kids playing the wii online could get insulted or might hear swear words ect but finding out that the DS also had a headset for its online games what could be the problem...
but after this editorial and all the complaints Nintendo would be dumb not to put a headset on the wii.
if you scroll down abit you can vote, it only takes about 20 seconds :p.
i think that bw2 and smash bros would disbenefit the most from not having a good source of communication. And heroes 2's online would no way be as good without the headset (especially with 32 people online). reggie said that there would be a surprise in late september, so hope to god that it is the announcment of DA HEADSET. what are your thoughts?

i know but heroes 2 has confirmed no voice speach, but has predetermined text (automatic set messages, in text)

also worms for wii has not got it either but also has predetermined text.

but i do agree it would be amazing to have a headset but i dont think it will be for a long time, maybe summer next year, but then again maybe not

DANG official announcment of no speech communication for moh, that sucks.do you have a source?
games like bw2 would be NO WAY near as fun with out speech. brawl might pass, but that would really suck for online fps's and war games. i think that nintendo are working on one, since they havent even stated that it isnt going to come out they probably want to keep it a surprise. but maybe ime just amping myself up for nothing

games with "pre-determined text" will be changed to full voice chat as soon as ninty release the headset (inevitable)

It doesnt take long to put voice chat into a game, nintendo just needs to give us the headset....and reggie said there was a huge surprise before the end of september. Lets really hope its a headset.

Bwii2, moh:h2, ssbb, etc, etc...they all NEED voice chat!!!

Im glad IGN decided to take up this huge issue because Nintendo clearly isn't listening to the people like me who have been buying their products for 15+ years.

This can not come soon enough, this is not an innovation that they need to delay and hype up, IT's a TOOL that absolutely is required to enjoy online play IMO.

Well, they could set up a system for the wii that downloads software that has nothing to do with the game. Just like the shop channel. I mean, you get online and they have different servers for MOH and then they have a special voice chat for each server. I mean, at first you wouldn't know what server you like but eventually you'd get a specific one and then you'd just log into that voice chat aswell. I never found the need for voice chat with MOH:AA but when I started playing on the same server I found it essential so I got on there voice chat everytime I got on the server. (hope that's not confusing, I didn't really have my thoughts together.)

I hope they make one I hate Predetermined text "GO" or stay its annoying. Couldn't they just have people who don't want it to turn it off like in Pokemon?

Warrior said:
games with "pre-determined text" will be changed to full voice chat as soon as ninty release the headset (inevitable)

It doesnt take long to put voice chat into a game, nintendo just needs to give us the headset....and reggie said there was a huge surprise before the end of september. Lets really hope its a headset.

Bwii2, moh:h2, ssbb, etc, etc...they all NEED voice chat!!!

A) Nintendo didn't even bother to comment on the story despite being given weeks advance notice and acknowledging that they knew the piece was coming. B) Not every developer has nothing better to do than sit on their hands and wait for Nintendo's hardware/firmware/dev kits--they may well have moved on to other projects and have other deadlines to consider--like getting games out in time for Christmas.

Hopefully the editorial and response to it will spur them to a quick solution (change the firmware and install drivers that support a wide variety of 3rd party bt headsets already on the market, and then 3rd parties could immediately begin work on the project with only small delays), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think they're holding it back for a 1st party title like Mario Kart to boost their own sales, and they may well want to capitalize on pricey accessory sales (Accessories that can take months to go to production and ship and show up on store shelves).

DrYou said:
, IT's a TOOL that absolutely is required to enjoy online play IMO.

agreed. I play online in other systems and its way better to have a headset. If your in a clan, you can't really take on the leadership or voice an opinion. I say make a shooter game M rated, have credit card verfication, to solve the kid problem.

Wiinter said:
A) Nintendo didn't even bother to comment on the story despite being given weeks advance notice and acknowledging that they knew the piece was coming. B) Not every developer has nothing better to do than sit on their hands and wait for Nintendo's hardware/firmware/dev kits--they may well have moved on to other projects and have other deadlines to consider--like getting games out in time for Christmas.

Hopefully the editorial and response to it will spur them to a quick solution (change the firmware and install drivers that support a wide variety of 3rd party bt headsets already on the market, and then 3rd parties could immediately begin work on the project with only small delays), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think they're holding it back for a 1st party title like Mario Kart to boost their own sales, and they may well want to capitalize on pricey accessory sales (Accessories that can take months to go to production and ship and show up on store shelves).

Thats not nintendos style, they wouldnt hold back such a key feature for themselves, just to boost sales that will already be sky high. Dont worry, its coming.

i was wondering when something like this is gonna come out ive been playing madden online in silence i like hearing what the other person has to say

If they are scared of little children getting insulted, then don't put voice chat in E rated games, but why can't they make a headset and allow us to voice chat in T+ games like bw2 or SSBB?

Back