The Wii is currently outselling the PS3 by EIGHT to ONE in Japan!

ciper

May 1, 2007
▐▄█▀█▄▌
I originally found this link on another forum. The original page is in Japanese and can be found here http://www.m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html
Scroll to the bottom to see the totals. This data is from May 27 - June 3.

Units sold
Wii 69,748
PS3 8,998

Funny thing is during the same time the PS2 also outsold the PS3 :lol:

Before you ***** I know there is a thread similar to this one. I felt this warranted a new thread considering how much larger the gap has become.

Edit: DSL stands for Nintendo DS Lite in case you are curious.

Last edited:
I'm not really surprised that the PS2 is still outselling the PS3. It's cheap, and with the library of games it has, its still a great choice for gamers. Plus, the price of those games might be dropping soon, which is cool.

And its no surprise that the Wii is owning. its what they do.

Its what, 6 or 7 days, big f*cking Wow! if you are celebrating over this ive just found out Wii Fanboys get premature ej*culatons over a week of sales. Pathetic.

bubs said:
Its ok, mummy still loves you.

LMFAO!
But seriously. Sony just isn't big in Japan, whereas Nintendo which is a Japanese based company will obviously be popular.
It'd be better to get USA, Europe or worldwide statistics

I'm sorry but this is stupid. I have a Wii and a PS3 but I gotta stick up for my PS3. So what is the Wii is destroying the PS3. I have a very simple way to explain this to all of you who get off on seeing these statistics. The Wii cost $350 less than the PS3, therefore more people can afford to buy a Wii. Since more people can buy it, and it is cheaper, it's more attractive, therefore more people want to buy it. Now since more people want one, there is a higher demand for them. Since there is a high demand, they are being sold out constantly. If everyone can't get their hands on one, this demand will stay higher for a longer amount of time. And the only reason the margin has increased from 8:1 is that Nintendo has finally picked up production, enabling more people to buy them. You can call me a fanboy for all of this and for what I'm about to say. The PS3 is a better console, hands down, better online play, will have better games, and you can count on that, and it's online will soon smash everything else. This is the first time I've ever gone out and said this stuff, because normally I'm pretty unbiased about this stuff, but I needed to say this because of all this stuff comparing the Wii to the PS3/360 is bs, they're not even in the same league. Nuff said.

- -

Great information, but that's not really taking me by surprise giving that Nintendo is a Japanese company. 8 to 1 though, W-O-W.

okay, we already knew the wii was outselling the ps3...why should we care by how much?

Wii_Smurf said:
LMFAO!
But seriously. Sony just isn't big in Japan, whereas Nintendo which is a Japanese based company will obviously be popular.
It'd be better to get USA, Europe or worldwide statistics
:lol: Sony isnt big in Japan? Are you sure about that?

Um... Those are really short term sales. Almost everyone is aware of the current console sales. Way to inform the .0001% that actually want to know every 7 days what console sales are.

Back