The Wii is NOT "kiddie"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
read my WHOLE paragraph... i was referring to the fact that MK and Soul Cal are button mashers too. ssb IS more complex than you think and it IS a great game.

ive button mashed in both the games and ive pulled off accidental combos... ive seen dozens of great mk players get beaten by someone who has never played before who just button mashed.

XwiimasturX said:
read my WHOLE paragraph... i was referring to the fact that MK and Soul Cal are button mashers too. ssb IS more complex than you think and it IS a great game.

ive button mashed in both the games and ive pulled off accidental combos... ive seen dozens of great mk players get beaten by someone who has never played before who just button mashed.
there are no complicated moves in smash bros compared to other games like it
and im not saying its a great game, i prefer the twitch movement gameplay over having to memorize tons of combos

Sovieto said:
SSB is not complex, it looks like it, the reason it is hard to master is because you must master twitch based combat, there are no hard combos, no hard moves, no hard techniques, its extremely simple to other "brawler" games, all it is is heavily based on twitch combat

ok mate look at this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749 that alone is proof that SSB is the most complicated fighter on the market. I think i agree with the other things youve said though.

TortillaChip520 said:
but there are SOO many kid games for the wii; Red Steel, Resident Evil 4, Godfather, Scarface....

Thats not a very compelling argument the only non ported title is Red Steel and its only average or mediocore in quality at best. MK, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Godfather, Scarface, and Farcry are all games that would appeal to the more adult traditional gamers and their all ports and many of are horrid as in the case of Farcry, overpriced since you can the original releases at half the price, or the controls make the game play worse. The kid movie properties greatly out number the mature titles by far.

Its not Kiddie,That all i gotta say.People that dont own one seys that.But they so wrong:crazy:

XxPinkxX: Welcome to Wiichat. You are wrong. The people saying it is kiddie own one with many games and accessories. Myself included.

Haywire said:
Thats not a very compelling argument the only non ported title is Red Steel and its only average or mediocore in quality at best. MK, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Godfather, Scarface, and Farcry are all games that would appeal to the more adult traditional gamers and their all ports and many of are horrid as in the case of Farcry, overpriced since you can the original releases at half the price, or the controls make the game play worse. The kid movie properties greatly out number the mature titles by far.
I agree completely with everything in the quote.

Haywire said:
bravo haywire
yeah.gif

ciper said:
Read the thread. The people saying it is kiddie own one with many games and accessories.

Myself included.

Yeah maybe i meant everyone i know.:scared:

rockkybox said:
ok mate look at this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749 that alone is proof that SSB is the most complicated fighter on the market. I think i agree with the other things youve said though.
thats proof because it has its own forum? :confused:

also, when people say games like zelda, mario, and the likes, arent kiddy. the truth is they partly are. Blood and what not is allowed in teen games, but they choose not to put them in those games because they know kids will be playing them. That, to a lot of outside people, makes a game kiddy. When they make games based around the fact they know kids will be, and they wants, playing it, it makes a game "kiddy".

Of Course the Wii is kiddie. That's what happens when you forsake your true audience for casual 10 year old and senior citizen gamers. You get a system full of games targeted at their new "main" audience that are sure not to offend.

I own a Wii. And unfortuantely it is a novelty console for casual gamers. Hardcore gamers need not apply

The Wii aint kiddie, i have Godfather (18) and Prince Of Persia (16+) and you can get loads more violent games!!! **** the twats who say wii is kiddie!

thoughtcrimnal84 said:
Of Course the Wii is kiddie. That's what happens when you forsake your true audience for casual 10 year old and senior citizen gamers. You get a system full of games targeted at their new "main" audience that are sure not to offend.

I own a Wii. And unfortuantely it is a novelty console for casual gamers. Hardcore gamers need not apply

But they can. Who the hell says hardcore gamers don't enjoy the Wii. Sure, most people say that hardcore gamers play 360s and PS3s. But let's slow down and look at what a hardcore gamer actually is. You may be surprised when you see:

Wikipedia said:
Hardcore gamer is a term used to describe a type of video game player whose leisure time is largely devoted to playing or reading about video games.

Funny, it doesn't mention M games or Ao games anywhere. A hardcore gamer could be a 6 year old who enjoys playing Pokemon half the day. So, think you might want to reconsider what you call a hardcore gaming console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back