Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Wii Sucks Because

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Audioillity, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Audioillity

Audioillity WiiChat Member

I'v got a mate at work who wont begetting a Wii because "they suck"

Hes main reason that its always the same games only with better graphics.

I say if it aint broke dont fix it. i.e. there were many fun nights on mario cart from the orginal SNES, N64 and even the game cube, just so much fun.

Then theres Zelda, ok the wind waker was a let down, but still a great game, then theres the Mario. These are all great games, fun games that you really enjoy for the game play more then the power of graphics or anything else.

Yes i also have a 360, and that has its good points as well and its games, but for a fun multi-player where you can laugh and joke, you cant beat somthing like a bit of mario kart.

the way i see it if Nintendo are still in business with this model when no others can it proves they are doing somthing right. and yes i know that they are 3rd in the wars.

p.s.

sorry for the dodgy post, im on one of them mini-laptops with out a nice sized keyboard.

#1 Audioillity, Dec 3, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  2. MetroidZ

MetroidZ Only took 4 years to get1

Wii Friend Code: 1000-0000-0000-0000
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    your friend is retarded if that's he said "its always the same games only with better graphics"

3. Deanis

Deanis Tip#67: Sell Your Wii

Wii Friend Code: 4076-9395-0234-2025
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    And at the moment nintendo is 2nd in 'the wars'. And giving the PS3 a mighty fine thrashing. :)

4. Audioillity

hes the kind that likes new and different games,even though most games are based on some kind of eariler vrs.

One of his points was about Dead rising for the 360, almost a totally look on a game. and the slight changes they make to old games to make them better.

i personally would have a nintendo for just a few games.
    a decent Mario game
    Zelda
    Mario Kart
    and maby one or two others.

When i buy a nintendo i Know there are going to be games that i love, and i like these games more then any PS1/2/3 or Xbox/360 game. ok the range is limited but the good games they have more then make up for it.

5. doctorecs

doctorecs Do a barrel roll.Do it!Do

Thats not true!Nintendo will still be selling tons of things in 10 years from now.

6. Haz

Haz Nintendo Encyclopedia

Wind Waker was amazing, it brought a whole new aspect to the Zelda series. In fact, I know what I'm going to do from now until Friday......... Wind Waker time!

7. Audioillity

see i never got into the wind waker, i couldnt stand the graphics, and more then anything things like the talking boat. but the n64 zeldas were great. and it looks like the TP is along the same lines. infact the TP is the whole point im getting one.

8. vagrant

vagrant ₪ ۩ ₪

Wii Friend Code: 8573-5327-9660-0097
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    You're friend is indeed a retard. And obviously has no idea what games are coming out for the wii. I have been following nintendo for a long time, and I haven't heard of a lot of these games that are coming out in 07'

9. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch WiiChat Member

how the HELL are they the same games with better graphics, the wii is the only true "nex gen" in my eyes. it so much more intuative. If the wii was first released rather than last, to the "public" it would have been 'next gen" and ps3 and xbox 360 would have jst been 'same games better graphics"! The "public" is stupid.:smilewinkgrin:

10. ninnie x

ninnie x AKA nintendoxxx1

Wii Friend Code: 5457-8878-2124-2087
    5457-8878-2124-2087
    I agree, your friend is somewhat retarted:lol:

11. TheCostOfLiving

TheCostOfLiving WiiChat Member

That's kinda funny, considering that Sony and Microsoft are both notorious for shelling out repeats, over and over.

Eh, he's just ignorant really. I got the Nintendo Wii for fun, interactive games.. different games. Games like Pikmin, like Wario Wear, and of course all the classic. To say that Nintendo are putting out the same game over and over is ridiculous. Just look at the Gamecube.. how many completely new (& different) games did it have?

Obviously each console has something to offer, and Nintendo's main selling point, is innovative gaming. So, yeah, it's pretty funny that your friend said that.

12. intekmdma

intekmdma Add me and i'll add you!

Wii Friend Code: 0938-8888-9063-3805
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    hmmm same games? lets see... trauma center.. i guess. but? with a whole buncha new stuff! it's like an expansion pack for WoW or something ><

13. JDK721

JDK721 WiiChat Member

Your friends an idiot, who needs to first get his facts straight before opening his mouth.

14. PersianCowboy

PersianCowboy WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6258-4013-0776-5311
    6258-4013-0776-5311
    You guys should check out NexGen Wars - who will win? you decide.
    Looks like according to votes the Wii has the best chance of coming out first. Of course thats based on voters opinion, but still, its a good sign. It Also shows the Wii's Market share so far. I'm really excited for the Wii and have high expectations, I think wii got another NES on our hands.

15. BlightedArt

BlightedArt vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv

His friend isn't an idiot... Just misguided. We must make him see the light!!

=P

Edit: Make that "Liight"... >_>

16. Sanrun

Sanrun WiiChat Member

Hmm your friend doesn`t know much about gaming does he?
    Anyway 30 minutes of Wii Sports and SSBM should convert him into a Nintendo Lover.

17. Audioillity

hes just not an Nintendo fan. he loved the N64, just lost it with the GC.

personally I'm doing the geeky thing and taking the day off in hopes of a. getting my pre-order and b tracking one down.

18. DarkDepths

DarkDepths WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 7061-0622-1076-8579
    7061-0622-1076-8579
    I really don't like it when people say that soemone is an idiot just because they think graphics are more important than gameplay. They aren't idiots, they just don't understand our way of thinking. To Nintendo fans, and Nintendo alike, gaming is about the fun, not the insane over the top graphics. We would rather play a great game for hours than play a horrible game with amazing graphics for twenty minutes. On the other hand, they would love to see the sweat dripping from every pore of every character.

Obviously, I got a wii, and I might get a 360 for the occassional good game in all its HD glory. But for now, I'd rather have fun than playing a game than be bored playing a game.

And one more thing, when people say that the wii graphics suck, THAT is retarded! If the ps3 and xbox360 were not in existance people would be drooling over the graphics on the wii.

19. Deanis

Deanis Tip#67: Sell Your Wii

Wii Friend Code: 4076-9395-0234-2025
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    oh well then i agree with you, along with alot of other ppl im sure, Nintendo did kinda lose it with the GCN, but it has made the Wii seem all that much better IMO. Gameceube had a lot of promises but apart from Smash Bros it was pretty dull, and a gaming experience im not in any hurry to rush back to. Bring on Wii in 3days!

20. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Unofficial WiiChat Helper

Wii Friend Code: 7114-5214-3386-2022
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    Just because games contain the same characters doesn't mean they are the same game and i could say sony is having the same games just better graphics even more so final fantasy 15(or what ever number they are at) anyone? There are so many franchises for Sony and Microsoft I don't wanna hear how nintendo just makings same games over and over again they don't with the few exceptions of remakes like "super mario 64 ds" which was a totaly awsome game even though it was nearly same exact game as the original Super Mario 64.