The WiiChat NewsLetter #1

Most of it is hard to read with bad choice of backgrounds for alot of content.

Improve the fonts and styling and it should be great.

csiguy4u said:
Man, could you have made it look any worse? It's way too cluttered and the fonts are hard to read. Nice idea though. . .your just not talented enough to make a decent looking newsletter.
its good for the first one. and it wasn't him that designed it/all of it.

OOOOOOOOOOO! Ive been waiting for this! how did u get this started? Did the mods choose some people? I cant complain because its your first issue and had no idea what to expect! Great job guy's :thumbsup:.

Good Job, Kirby - and don't take the criticisms too hard (csiguy's just a troll by nature). I really think this would look much better in print than online.

Yeah I wasn't trying to have a go with my post before, it's just that graphic design is my field so I was offering some help and advice :)

dan99iel said:
OOOOOOOOOOO! Ive been waiting for this! how did u get this started? Did the mods choose some people? I cant complain because its your first issue and had no idea what to expect! Great job guy's :thumbsup:.
no mods involved in this. just regular wiichat members :p but a mod could help.

Pff.. people can criticise, but it would all look similar if one person did the graphics, but because its just a free newsletter that no-one asked us to do or is paying us to do, we're not gonna have say one person doing all the graphics, so different people using their own styles, makes each page look different.

Wiired said:
Pff.. people can criticise, but it would all look similar if one person did the graphics, but because its just a free newsletter that no-one asked us to do or is paying us to do, we're not gonna have say one person doing all the graphics, so different people using their own styles, makes each page look different.
If i was paid maybe 50$ a page made then maybe it would look better xD
Hehe anywho Ya its an online newsletter so it doesn't look as good as a normal newsletter you'd find from a big company ... Just a bunch of us getting together, i don't think we will see a second issue though :(

GreyKirby said:
If i was paid maybe 50$ a page made then maybe it would look better xD
Hehe anywho Ya its an online newsletter so it doesn't look as good as a normal newsletter you'd find from a big company ... Just a bunch of us getting together, i don't think we will see a second issue though :(
aw.. why?

Yeah there should be a second issue - it's a great issue and as long as we can all manage to get some good content together there's no reason we can't get it a treat! :D

I've been gone for a while but I wouldn't mind writing for the second issue, I liked the way it came out, for the 1st one not bad

Well for starters, I find it a bit disorganized the way i put it. If there was an easier way then of course i'd go for saying maybe there will be a second issue
The second thing is that to make it much...Much well not much but look better we'd all have to go and make the same design. Of course this is a pain in the neck for all of the designers
Thirdly We've lost around 3-4 writers in the process of making the issue and therefore we got a huge lost on that,
Fourthly im not going to name a name... but someone was overly late and therefore i had to WRITE this article myself just to fill the spot up since the front page was already made :p
And last but not least i'd like to say that although it may have been hard work to put this up together, the thing that bothered me the most was the lack of people who actualy supported this, I mean on day 1 when I finaly posted all the pages i only found support from the Team, And other then that people would not tell me whether or not they could make the article in time because of a certain reason such as going on vacation for almost 2 months o_O

In response to what you're saying GreyKirby, I don't mind helping out with stuff if you like. I'm on a computer all day, every weekday so don't mind doing stuff - let me know - I've been a moderator on forums before and helped with stuff like this - this is a great forum too so I'm up for it :)

Back