Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Wiimote, what do you REALLY think?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by i0n, May 9, 2006.

1. i0n

i0n :eek:

Nintendo have been saying time and time again, the Wii console isnt neccessarily gonna be up there with the most graphically intense consoles, but instead they're focusing more on the actual gaming and playability side.

This pretty much means the 'Wiimote' is the real key to the consoles future success...
    As E3 pans out im sure more and more confirmations will trickle down from game publishers showing their support for the wiimote.

I personally think Nintendo are risking alienating a lot of 'casual gamers' who dont particularly want to get so involved in a game and would rather pick up and play for a short period of time. On the flipside of that however users are given a far more involving gaming interaction like nothing seen before and im sure that'll tock all the playability checkboxes Nintendo want to hit.

2. AskAboutMe

AskAboutMe WiiChat Member

I love Nintendo...They might not have the most powerful systems but they still seem to deliver...Example Resident Evil 4. We all now this great game of 2005 looked better on the gamecube than the ps2 and ps2 is a way more powerful machine! Nintendo will always continue to deliver no matter how powerful sony and microsofts system get. WE LOVE YOU NINTENDO!:)

3. phimuajedi69

phimuajedi69 WiiChat Member

please tell me 'wiimote' is not the official name....

4. i0n

haha im hoping thats just the nickname :scared:

5. Evil Panda

Evil Panda WiiChat Member

I never heard of it called that until now, but I do think that is quite a catchy name.

6. phimuajedi69

it does fit nicely, and like the new name has grown on me somewhat

7. i0n

Yea by the time launch date comes around all this 'wii' bashing will have cleared and im pretty sure the name will be synonymous with the Nintendo console :cool:

(they hope)

8. phimuajedi69

yeah, i'll prolly stay stuck in the 80's and just call it the nintendo, much like i never put the 2 at the end of playstation, thats why i didn't get upset like most people when they changed the name

9. Psycotronic

Psycotronic WiiChat Member

same with me, the name is growing on me

10. Veiron

Veiron WiiChat Member

The Wiimote is a very nice innovation. I've gotten used to the name, now, so I really like it. :)

11. The S-Word

The S-Word WiiChat Member

i REALLY think it's going to do good because i've heard alot about it being very responsive and haveing a small learning curve. As far as durability, you can always trust them with that at least, i've never had a broken nintendo system beyond NES. Only red steel, have i heard it wasnt that responsive to but they still have alot of tweaking to do

12. Riviet

Riviet WiiChat Veteran

Wii Friend Code: 3388-6355-5969-8398
    3388-6355-5969-8398
    From the screenshots/trailers, it looks really good. It's one of the components that makes the Wii stand out from the other consoles.

13. gnikgib

gnikgib New Wii owner!

Wii Friend Code: 8614-2096-6005-1385
    8614-2096-6005-1385
    When I first found out about the "Wiimote", I thought "This would be perrfect for FPS games!" Now, many months later, I find out about Red Steel and Metroid Prime: Corruption! My dream is coming true (actually getting to aim by moving the controller at home! I play those games all the time at arcade type places.)! :D :D :D :D

14. Jesse

Jesse Protector of Hyrule

Wii Friend Code: 7219-3868-1848-6260
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    I think there will be a learning curve with the Wiimote. Just cause its not something your used to. Once the Wiimote becomes second nature then you'll be able to enjoy a the great titles Wii has coming. I cant wait to get my hands on it.

#14 Jesse, May 15, 2006
    Last edited: May 20, 2006
  15. wiirun

wiirun wii run

At first I hated the remote, but I've grown to like it :)

The name on the other hand...

16. DtD

DtD WiiChat Member

I love the controller.... but can't they change the God-Awful text on the controller... I love the name now, but the text is so ugly

17. Jesse

Jesse Protector of Hyrule

Wii Friend Code: 7219-3868-1848-6260
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    I would have to agree. I still have some doubts, but like NOA president said: "playing is believing". Just wish I could get my hands on one that way I can be a believer. Either way I'm getting the Wii.

#17 Jesse, May 17, 2006
    Last edited: May 20, 2006
  18. Marcel81

Marcel81 WiiChat Member

<offtopic>

We all know the Gamecube is more powerful than the PS2. Only Xbox of that generation beats it. This is a fact so do your homework ;)

</offtopic>

In fact Nintendo is aiming at the opposite of what you're saying, this is what Iwata said at the E3 press conference. They're aiming at the core gamer AND people who never played games and want to try it cause it will be very accesible with the intuitive controller. Like play a game of tennis or some WarioWare minigames.

I've been looking forward to seeing more about the Wii ever since it got introduced at E3 last year and now I just KNOW it is going to be big, with the E3 press conference stealing the show and all :D I think that because of the price, parents will definately be buying their kids a Wii, not a PS3 or Xbox360! This alone is a big plus for Nintendo.

19. Beerbat

Beerbat WiiChat Member

Simply Great...That is the best controller ever produced. And i think its nice....i still don't know if they will sell the nunchuk with it or seperately...:S

20. tuned

tuned 11.19.06

Summed up... the remote/controls, are the reason i'm so intrigued by the system.