The Winner Of Wii Soccer Games

wdoublei

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2008
So far in the U.S. (I don't know about other places) there are three soccer games that are for Wii and not V.C. They are FIFA 08, Mario Strikers Charged, and Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.

The IGN reviews:

FIFA got a 7.0, the link: http://wii.ign.com/articles/832/832081p1.html

Mario Strikers Charged got an 8.3, the link: http://wii.ign.com/articles/808/808692p1.html

And now Pro Evolution Soccer, which is coming out the 28th, got an 8.6, the highest of the three

Now, on game rankings a site that averages up all the ratings of all the reviews,

FIFA got 68.3%

Mario Strikers Charged got 79%

and Pro Evolution Soccer got 87%, the highest again

I so want Pro Evolution Soccer

And By The Way here is the sight that says all the soccer games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_soccer_video_games#Wii

Last edited:
I have Pro Evo Soccer for Wii, and I've always been a great fan of PES, and it's definitely a LOT different than the typical soccer game experience, but it's great. Very, very, very innovative. FIFA has, for me, always been a follower and I daresay the Konami has outdone EA again in the soccer games series.

Mario Strikers is good multiplayer fun, but it's pretty shallow. It took me about a day to get so good that no one could beat me anymore... meh.

FIFA... no.

I also have been a big fan of PES games dating back to ISS Pro and im looking forward to getting it when its released next week. Although im a fifa fan as well and had fifa 08 on both the PC and Wii i feel the problem with fifa is ONLINE. Connectivety sucks, ive got a DNF rating of 20% or so and played only 23 games online on the wii and ive lost 7, 5 of those being either forced Disconnects by other player or EA has to sort summit out. Ive never DC'ed while playing any game online but sometimes i wanna play good players and they wont play me b'coz of my DNF. Im hoping PES2008 online gives no trouble and looking a a few videos of the game looks a wierd way to play a football game but hey its a wii and must be fun and also good for the hardcore footie fans. Big Up PES.

this game will be the ****

i cant wait

theres only 5 days over here in europe you have already got it :(

Im going to buy it no realease

stewart01 said:
Personally, I never saw Mario Striker as a football game.

u mean "i never saw Mario strikers as a soccer game"

soccer is the gay sport u play with your feet, were the "pros" take an 3 hours to kick a ball in the net the size of france, and 55% of games end in ties:mad5:

football is the sport that the worlds best athletes play. :ciappa:

he might be from the uk or europe where we call it F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L did you catch that.......and oh yeah

the worlds best athletes:lol: :lol: thats rich

Maybe the worlds most greedy athletes play American Football. Though, Europeon football players are some of the best actors IN THE WORLD!

Understand this... Football in europe is the most popular sport in the world, as a man utd and plymouth argyle fan i get to see the most entertaining football ever with man utd, plymouth argyle u ask.... in 5 years they've gone from 3rd division to championship and are currently in 6th spot i could get a chance to go to home park and watch plymouth vs man utd next season WOW. Anyways American football is a poor adaptation of Rugby where the americans are affraid to get hurt so where every type of padding around... rugby is a real mans sport and credit to the players for the rucks and kicks and all the pain they go through. Anyone watch man utd vs liverpool Y'day Wayne rooney clean through, gets hacked by Carragher and still continues to try n score although he shoulda went down for a penalty... My point is English players are Pure British Beef and wont resort to European Diving School tactics.

I always find it funny that a lot of Americans diss soccer so much, yet the USA has more people playing soccer than any other country. Its almost like some of them have no clue about what goes on in their own country!

PES 2008 is very different to previous games, in fact it is different to every other soccer game ever made. The graphics are a bit dodgy in places and i dont think that the player models look as good as FIFA's do close up but the gameplay is really something else. Instead of just controlling single players, you can control the whole team through the Wiimotes pointer which makes runs off the ball and real man marking possible.

Only downside i have found while playing is that there is not a lot of control in terms of defence. You defend by just pointing at the opposing player and pressing A, then the nearest player may try to tackle them or may not. There is a slide option but i havent really been able to make much use of it yet while playing.

When attacking the game works brilliantly though. Through balls, runs into space and precision passing are easy to carry out. Unlike previous games where sometimes your pass wouldnt go where you wanted it to, PES's passes are always acurate (well as acurate as you are).

Controls can be a bit strange at first, especially when using the drag and dribble technique (the player follows the Wiimote pointer). I found that i kept trying to use traditional controls (using the analogue), which would result in the player shuffling around (which probably should be used to feint or sidestep) but after a few games i felt very comfortable with the new control method.

For a first outing on Wii it is a good game and hopefully future editions can build on and refine the gameplay even more.

Oh and it has Tottenham Hotspur as a real team, what more could anyone want! :D

lbu8 said:
No, I really mean FOOTBALL.

Hey, Phil174, I follow Plymouth Argyle too! Just maybe, they'll make the playoffs.

Last edited:
lbu8 said:

soccer is the gay sport u play with your feet, were the "pros" take an 3 hours to kick a ball in the net the size of france, and 55% of games end in ties:mad5:

That has to be one of the most ignorant statements I've heard in a long time.

Last edited:
lbu8 said:

Hmm, I smell TROLL!!!

raisinghelen said:
I always find it funny that a lot of Americans diss soccer so much, yet the USA has more people playing soccer than any other country. Its almost like some of them have no clue about what goes on in their own country!

PES 2008 is very different to previous games, in fact it is different to every other soccer game ever made. The graphics are a bit dodgy in places and i dont think that the player models look as good as FIFA's do close up but the gameplay is really something else. Instead of just controlling single players, you can control the whole team through the Wiimotes pointer which makes runs off the ball and real man marking possible.

Only downside i have found while playing is that there is not a lot of control in terms of defence. You defend by just pointing at the opposing player and pressing A, then the nearest player may try to tackle them or may not. There is a slide option but i havent really been able to make much use of it yet while playing.

When attacking the game works brilliantly though. Through balls, runs into space and precision passing are easy to carry out. Unlike previous games where sometimes your pass wouldnt go where you wanted it to, PES's passes are always acurate (well as acurate as you are).

Controls can be a bit strange at first, especially when using the drag and dribble technique (the player follows the Wiimote pointer). I found that i kept trying to use traditional controls (using the analogue), which would result in the player shuffling around (which probably should be used to feint or sidestep) but after a few games i felt very comfortable with the new control method.

For a first outing on Wii it is a good game and hopefully future editions can build on and refine the gameplay even more.

Oh and it has Tottenham Hotspur as a real team, what more could anyone want! :D

I concur with all points you made; the Wii version is an excellent start for the PES series on Wii, very innovative, there has never been anything quite like it in terms of sports games, ever. Great fun against friends or other people. Defense is a bit shoddy, but with proper consumer support for this version, next year we may well get an improved outing from Konami.

The online is almost perfect as well - I've played a few matches and they've been very smooth.

The only thing is... Spurs? Psh. =P

Buy PES 2008!

and go here and share some friend codes so we can play online!

Back